LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 86 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-08: Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Lackey) 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-08: Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Lackey) 7:05 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2017, 10:39 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Aaaannnddd still undefeated at Wrigley Field!

You are? Because the team has lost 3 at Wrigley this year.

If you mean you I think you have a duty to be in attendance tomorrow and Sunday...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 11:28 PM Post
1 down, 2 to go.

There is really no sugarcoating it -- as far as any division helps go, we need to sweep and we need to treat these last 2 games like playoff games. It's not a take 2 out of 3 at Wrigley and feel good about that situation. That would only put a 1 game dent into their lead.

But sweep and the lead is down to 2 and things get really interesting.

Not getting much help in the WC race. Dodgers picked a fine time to start sucking.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 11:43 PM Post
I mean if you win both series you'd be two games back all else equal. It's certainly not over if they win the series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2017, 11:54 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
I mean if you win both series you'd be two games back all else equal. It's certainly not over if they win the series.

Sure, mathematically not. Realistically, I'll stand by what I said that they need to sweep now to make this a race again. 2 of 3 and then you still need 3 of 4 in the next series which is a big ask, and then that still leaves you with 2 games to make up just to tie, and there just isn't a lot of ground to be made up against the soft remaining schedule for the Cubs.

If they come out of this series down 4, the Cubs still have 6 games left on this homestand including 3 against the Mets...I just don't see them continuing to hang around in the division race in that scenario.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 09, 2017, 1:03 PM Post
adambr2 said:
SomewhereInTime said:

Sure, mathematically not. Realistically, I'll stand by what I said that they need to sweep now to make this a race again. 2 of 3 and then you still need 3 of 4 in the next series which is a big ask, and then that still leaves you with 2 games to make up just to tie, and there just isn't a lot of ground to be made up against the soft remaining schedule for the Cubs.

If they come out of this series down 4, the Cubs still have 6 games left on this homestand including 3 against the Mets...I just don't see them continuing to hang around in the division race in that scenario.

Without Nelson, pretty much over for us at this point. Even if we snuck in somehow, we don't go anywhere without Jimmy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 09, 2017, 9:27 PM Post
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
adambr2 said:
SomewhereInTime said:

Without Nelson, pretty much over for us at this point. Even if we snuck in somehow, we don't go anywhere without Jimmy.

Anderson, Davies and Woodruff have all been highly effective as well. They'd need to find a 4th guy but they still have some good starters who can all win us a game on any given day.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 86 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply