LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-11: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-0]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-11: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:40 PM CDT

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:29 PM Post
C'mon Arcia, stiff wrist!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:29 PM Post
Anybody who thinks this has been a " brutal season" either hasn't been a Brewer fan long or has a very bad memory.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:30 PM Post
That should be a double play.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:33 PM Post
Absolutely terrible call. The slide was absolutely made to make contact with the fielder.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:34 PM Post
just really no excuse this will be the second consective series that the failed to build off a big bid series win

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:35 PM Post
Their pitcher is killing us.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:38 PM Post
It's baseball .......teams lose all the time to teams they are better than.

Brewers just aren't good enough to go,on an extended streak of winning baseball.......it's been like this all year.....shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:39 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Anybody who thinks this has been a " brutal season" either hasn't been a Brewer fan long or has a very bad memory.

Since this is directed at me, I'll respond.

If you have a really bad team that loses the vast majority of its games, that is expected and is sad but not too much because no hope getting up.

A team like this, where they go UP and DOWN jusssst enough to keep everyone nice and emotionally invested is BRUTAL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:40 PM Post
Yup. It happens. They weren't going to win all 19. The focus needs to be on winning series. Take 2 of 3 the rest of the way, and you've given yourself a shot.

Also, I'd rather lose meaningful games than win meaningless ones.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:42 PM Post
markedman5 said:

Brewers just aren't good enough to go,on an extended streak of winning baseball.......it's been like this all year.....shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

If the Indians are good enough to win 18 in a row, the brewers are certainly good enough to win 5 or 6 in a row...that isn't that long of a winning streak FYI.

Are the Dodgers so bad they should be on a 10 game losing streak?? My point is, if those two things can happen(incredibly flukey), then the Brewers winning 5 or 6 in a row can/should certainly happen. Especially when they are playing crap teams sandwiched around a good team they just swept...on the road.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:43 PM Post
markedman5 said:

No they're not good enough, but it would be really nice if they could at least manage to get five hits against sub par teams like the Pirates and Reds, and so far this is looking like another one or two hit night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:45 PM Post
Can we just go back to playing championship contenders again?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:48 PM Post
I miss the days when playing the Pirates at home was an automatic W

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:50 PM Post
You want them to be good enough but the season is almost over and they haven't done it. The whole second half has been win a few lose a few......

Ps. To the other poster...this season isn't close to brutal for me......it's been very enjoyable.....meaningful games in September when we had no reason to expect it.

I refuse to get upset by results at this point......they have overachieved.....I'd love for them to make the playoffs but without Nelson and a struggling offense I just don't see it happening.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
markedman5 said:
You want them to be good enough but the season is almost over and they haven't done it. The whole second half has been win a few lose a few......

Ps. To the other poster...this season isn't close to brutal for me......it's been very enjoyable.....meaningful games in September when we had no reason to expect it.

I refuse to get upset by results at this point......they have overachieved.....I'd love for them to make the playoffs but without Nelson and a struggling offense I just don't see it happening.

Well, I'm jealous of your Zen Buddha calm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
I get the frustration. In a lot of ways, this team makes no sense. Look at first half versus second half offensive splits. Record against winning teams vs. losing teams. The last week. Etc. In other ways, though, that's kind of what you expect from a team with almost zero known quantities entering the season. I am as annoyed at being unable to put together a sustained winning streak and really make a go of the playoffs as anyone, but the reality is this team is 2.5 out with 18 to go? With four left against the division leaders and 3 against the other team they're chasing? That's the definition of right in it, 6-0 be damned.

All this team really needs to do is cut a game over the next week, going into the Cubs series. They do that, the chips will fall where they may. They don't, then we start celebrating what a massive success this season was. I'm not going to be annoyed about this loss if they take the series. Just getting beat right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 7:58 PM Post
Basically, this team tries to hit a HR on every single AB. That leads to streakiness. Tough to keep up, MLB pitching is too good and you rarely get 8 straight games facing a pitcher who doesn't have their good stuff. The strikeouts totals are staggering, I wonder what the MLB tipping point will be after which teams finally start to care about them a little bit.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:04 PM Post
There's no doubt that this season, no matter what happens now, has been successful. I think it's more likely than not that they'll fall short of the playoffs, but I never would have expected them to be playing meaningful baseball in September this year.

That said, the emotional yo-yo this last month of rising to the challenge when you least expect it against elite teams, and then completely disappointing against the bad ones, has been pretty tough.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:08 PM Post
Move on from this game as quickly as possible and go get these next two against the Pirates.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:14 PM Post
At least Barnes is pitching in a non-competitive game.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply