LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 176 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win 10-2, homer for the cycle]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 721
tmwiese55 said:
For complaining about attendance. To repeat again, they were only allowed to sell a limited amount due to lack of staff. They've basically sold all them they could. Earlier they said they had to bring in workers from Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota just to get this much staff. Pretty sure if allowed all these games would be 35K+ and Sat/Sun almost assured to sellout since the Packers play later and Badgers play early and both are on the road


Keep it all in perspective too. No one was planning a road trip to Miller Park this weekend. The population of the greater Milwaukee area is around 1.5 million, so over 1% of the people in the city of Milwaukee went to the game on 48 hours notice. And even more will be there tomorrow and Sunday.

I am not Shea Vucinich


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:18 PM Post
Posts: 460
turborickey said:
Nice to see a manager fight for his cause...

Three times? State your case once and let it go. You're not going to change anyone's mind.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6320
Brew4U said:
I complained about attendance because I have high expectations and I want this team supported to the fullest. Could make a difference going forward. I get all the points being made, trust me. Just wish the Brewers did a better job getting people to come in and work.


They did all they could, even have people coming from all over the country, what else can they do with less than 48 hours notice. Geez...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:20 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6320
PinaMadness said:
turborickey said:
Nice to see a manager fight for his cause...

Three times? State your case once and let it go. You're not going to change anyone's mind.


Right, but it wasn't about changing any minds at that point, I think he wanted to get tossed. Mission accomplished.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:20 PM Post
Posts: 2059
topper09er said:
stoutdude04 said:
topper09er said:
Why is Swarzek pitching, what are you doing CC


He was already warm.


So what. After the grand slam he should have sat down. If we are doing a bullpen day every fifth game we need to save our best pitchers for situations a little closer than 8 run leads


I agree with you. Was just pointing it out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:20 PM Post
Posts: 1689
Location: Madison, WI
Decent time to let Wilkerson get his feet wet too here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:21 PM Post
Posts: 6353
Location: Kenosha, WI
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
I complained about attendance because I have high expectations and I want this team supported to the fullest. Could make a difference going forward. I get all the points being made, trust me. Just wish the Brewers did a better job getting people to come in and work.


They did all they could, even have people coming from all over the country, what else can they do with less than 48 hours notice. Geez...


Agreed. A hugeness amount of their ticket sales is well outside the Milwaukee area. Hard to drop everything to go to a game short notice.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4206
Brew4U said:
I complained about attendance because I have high expectations and I want this team supported to the fullest. Could make a difference going forward. I get all the points being made, trust me. Just wish the Brewers did a better job getting people to come in and work.


Last Friday home game the attendance was 40,044. Edit - it was also opening day for the Badgers so that's a big fan draw as well. Since then we have gained ground on the Cubs by sweeping them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2017, 9:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4206
Wilkerson was undrafted and didn't start professional baseball until he was 24


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:52 AM Post
Posts: 460
Wow, I didn't realize the Brewer homered for the cycle.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:50 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13652
Location: Wisconsin
What a fun game. Can the Brewers always be the "away" team at Miller Park from here on out?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:51 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
tmwiese55 said:
For complaining about attendance. To repeat again, they were only allowed to sell a limited amount due to lack of staff. They've basically sold all them they could. Earlier they said they had to bring in workers from Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota just to get this much staff. Pretty sure if allowed all these games would be 35K+ and Sat/Sun almost assured to sellout since the Packers play later and Badgers play early and both are on the road


Will they sell more for the next 2 games?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 8:27 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 23
Brew4U said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
What really sucks is the brewers have won 6 of 7 now, and can't get any freaking help from anyone else. Sure, they gained 3 games on the Cubs(doing it themselves), but winning 6-7 certainly deserves a better fate(gaining ground), then what the brewers have gotten out of it. It just sucks...they get hot, and it might not even matter.


Enjoy it man. This team is answering the call and it's far from over yet.




the reality is that theyre going to have to win most of the rest of these 15 games. having StL in the mix really complicates things. Its not just Brewers catching Rockies or Brewers catching Cubs and maybe one of those teams goes cold. You have another team in the mix that could nullify any stumbles by COL or CHI by getting hot on their own.

youd have to think wed need at LEAST 10 and probably 12 of 15. t he teams in front of us are most likely going to finish strong as well


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 9:34 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6320
WolfPack said:
Brew4U said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
What really sucks is the brewers have won 6 of 7 now, and can't get any freaking help from anyone else. Sure, they gained 3 games on the Cubs(doing it themselves), but winning 6-7 certainly deserves a better fate(gaining ground), then what the brewers have gotten out of it. It just sucks...they get hot, and it might not even matter.


Enjoy it man. This team is answering the call and it's far from over yet.




the reality is that theyre going to have to win most of the rest of these 15 games. having StL in the mix really complicates things. Its not just Brewers catching Rockies or Brewers catching Cubs and maybe one of those teams goes cold. You have another team in the mix that could nullify any stumbles by COL or CHI by getting hot on their own.

youd have to think wed need at LEAST 10 and probably 12 of 15. t he teams in front of us are most likely going to finish strong as well


buzzkill...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 16, 2017, 9:41 AM Post
Posts: 1689
Location: Madison, WI
Pugger said:
tmwiese55 said:
For complaining about attendance. To repeat again, they were only allowed to sell a limited amount due to lack of staff. They've basically sold all them they could. Earlier they said they had to bring in workers from Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota just to get this much staff. Pretty sure if allowed all these games would be 35K+ and Sat/Sun almost assured to sellout since the Packers play later and Badgers play early and both are on the road


Will they sell more for the next 2 games?


Sat/Sun were supposed to have more than Fri. And they were saying during the game last night that they were opening up more due to demand. So yea, there should be more the next two days. Hopefully they can get close to 30 instead of the I think 22K they initially said


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-15: Brewers (Jeffress) "at" Marlins (Urena) at Miller Park, 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win 10-2, homer for the cycle]
Posted: September 16, 2017, 12:47 PM Post
Posts: 61
Cubs fans flipping out that Milwaukee gets to host these "away" games


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 176 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test