LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 97 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-16: Brewers (Davies) "at" Marlins (Conley) at Miller Park, 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-16: Brewers (Davies) "at" Marlins (Conley) at Miller Park, 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:47 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
Cubs win again of course. No catching them at this point. We just need to keep winning and hope the Rockies falter.

We play them four times...we can easily catch them. We just swept them at Wrigley. I understand they didn't have their best starters going, but we played them well each time. Winning 3/4 wouldn't be that hard to imagine.

Unlikely. Unlike last time, the Cubs have the pitching edge in the 4 game series coming up.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-16: Brewers (Davies) "at" Marlins (Conley) at Miller Park, 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:50 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Yeah let's pull him now......Garza is well rested and just about everyone else pitched last night.

On 2nd though let's see if he might be able to settle in.......

I mean, I think everyone said "if" he doesn't settle in. What would you have done if he gave up 4 straight bullets to start the 2nd inning all for hits and 2 runs with 2 on and nobody out?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:50 PM Post
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
MrTPlush said:
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
Cubs win again of course. No catching them at this point. We just need to keep winning and hope the Rockies falter.

We play them four times...we can easily catch them. We just swept them at Wrigley. I understand they didn't have their best starters going, but we played them well each time. Winning 3/4 wouldn't be that hard to imagine.

Unlikely. Unlike last time, the Cubs have the pitching edge in the 4 game series coming up.

Oh, well I guess I won't watch those ones then. Brewers have no chance.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:54 PM Post
Brew4U said:
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
MrTPlush said:

Oh, well I guess I won't watch those ones then. Brewers have no chance.

Not saying they don't have a chance. Just saying expecting to take 3 or sweep is highly unrealistic. These are the games we need to be winning and we're not. We got a gift by getting these games at home and we're not taking advantage of it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:56 PM Post
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
Not saying they don't have a chance. Just saying expecting to take 3 or sweep is highly unrealistic. These are the games we need to be winning and we're not. We got a gift by getting these games at home and we're not taking advantage of it.

Uh, we are 1-0 the last time I checked in these games.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:57 PM Post
We're 1 and 0 on these games? And if anything it just proves the point that you can't predict what'll happen. We had our best P on fire going tonight vs a guy having an awful year and look where we're at. Just like Cubs having the P advantage this time doesn't for sure mean the games are a loss, yea your percent goes down but in baseball anything can happen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 5:59 PM Post
Brew4U said:
MilwaukeeDoctor said:

Uh, we are 1-0 the last time I checked in these games.

Not sure what 1-0 means.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:01 PM Post
This isn't new for Davies. He's had plenty of games this year where he's stunk it up in the first inning and settled down after that. Hopefully this is one of those games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:03 PM Post
Then again...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:06 PM Post
Maybe going to Garza wouldn't of been a bad strategy. Dang Davies. Not the time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:07 PM Post
MilwaukeeDoctor said:

We can't burn our BP this early with Woodruff going tomorrow. Not to mention we don't have a single day off next week. We just have to ride Davies out and hope he doesn't get hit up anymore but if it becomes a throwaway, then so be it. We'll have to try and get it back somehow.

At this point in the season you worry about winning the game in front of you and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Obviously if it becomes 12-1 then yeah it's a throwaway game but if your offense is clicking and make it 6-3 here or whatever for instance, you do what you can to win today.

There are more than enough arms available in the pen and more available a phone call away. Woodruff going tomorrow also doesn't really have anything to do with it as he is as capable of going deep into games as anyone else on this staff and just because he had a clunker last time doesn't change that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:08 PM Post
If it's a throwaway game you let Garza eat it. Not Davies, save Davies arm for next time. P starting next inning, hopefully can get two more innings out of Davies and in the meantime the offense puts something up to make this a game

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:14 PM Post
Lmao, Conley had a 4 pitch inning vs the 4 5 6 hitters of brewers, pathetic.
Conley has been trash for most of the season, good job Crew a 4 pitch inning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:19 PM Post
WoahSolvdd said:

Where were you last night?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:21 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
WoahSolvdd said:

Where were you last night?

Working, why?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:25 PM Post
Ok, I have no problem taking a shot here. You need runs now and you've got two on.

But you've got Walker on your bench. Why Bandy??

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:26 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Ok, I have no problem taking a shot here. You need runs now and you've got two on.

Totally agree, what has bandy done recently.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:26 PM Post
adambr2 said:

Yea him or Villar I'd have taken over Bandy. I suppose save them for later to hit when they can hit lefty instead since they're better as lefties, that's my guess.

Really that have hit the ball hard tonight, just no luck at all. Could easily have two or three more runs and be right in it

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:29 PM Post
Lmao, this guy is literally trash verse other teams. Average or sub par lefties own crew latley.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 16, 2017, 6:31 PM Post
Just dumb. You had your shot there, a long ball gets you within 6-4. You've got a loaded bench and you take a shot with Bandy who is barely an upgrade from a pitcher. Just a nonsensical move by Counsell. Might as well have just left Davies in to bunt.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 97 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply