LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-18: Brewers (Suter) at Pirates (Taillon) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-0]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-18: Brewers (Suter) at Pirates (Taillon) 6:05 PM CDT

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:35 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Sometimes I get annoyed by all the PNC love. Yes, the view is great. The ballpark? Meh.

What don't you like about the ballpark?

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:41 PM Post
Every ballpark is basically the same. The thing that separates them are things like the view or the setting.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:45 PM Post
Anyone know if the Brewers are letting Suter pitch deeper into this game or if they are doing another "bullpen" game tonight?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:49 PM Post
Brew4U said:

There's nothing I didn't like, just nothing that stood out about it to me either. It deserves credit for the setting, it's a great view. I guess it's just that without the view, it's just a ballpark. And if we're factoring in the setting in general, the area and atmosphere around the park was pretty dead when we went.

No ill will towards the park, I don't dislike it, just other parks I'd put above it on my list.

Last edited by BuckyBrewer61 on September 18, 2017, 5:54 PM, edited 2 times in total.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:50 PM Post
Suter, you are a big boy now, throw the ball overhand

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:53 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Santana not playing is getting absolutely ridiculous.

this^

[sad] [angry]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:56 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Listen, playing a hot hand is one thing but sitting one out best hitters to do so in a playoff push is ridiculous. It's not calling Counsell the worst manager or anything close to it. It's simply questioning his decision and for good reason. Heck, maybe Santana is hurt and we just don't know. But god forbid we question it. [rolling eyes]

We have a certain amount of posters who hate it when you question the manager, been that way throught the years with all our managers.

I was on the Counsell bandwagon until about 1/4 through this season when I started to notice I was questioning his decision making......a LOT more than the previous season.

I just don't think he is the guy to take us deep into the playoffs or be our guy in a world series appearance. Doesn't matter what I think though, Stearns and Attanasio seem positively enamoured with the guy...

Last edited by turborickey on September 18, 2017, 5:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:57 PM Post
Devinep said:
FVBrewerFan said:
stalton said:
For what it's worth, Perez is 5 for 11 with 3 homers against Taillon

Don't confuse us with facts. Craig Counsell is the worst manager ever.

Some more confusing facts: Santana's OPS+ is roughly 40 points higher than Perez. So the difference is between a good or bad hitter. I think I know who I'd play if I was trying to get in the playoffs

I'm right there with you, play your guns, not hunches or misplaced loyalties...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 5:59 PM Post
Got one on the board. Braun crushed that ball. Pitcher completely missed his spot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:00 PM Post
That OPS is heading north boys, 1-0!! Thatta way Braunie!

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:01 PM Post
If Braun and Shaw heat up that would be good

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:03 PM Post
Some lousy base running by Shaw getting doubled up. For being in a defense that continually shifts for opponent batters, he should've seen where the Pirates set up their 2B rover fielder.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:05 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Brew4U said:

There's nothing I didn't like, just nothing that stood out about it to me either. It deserves credit for the setting, it's a great view. I guess it's just that without the view, it's just a ballpark. And if we're factoring in the setting in general, the area and atmosphere around the park was pretty dead when we went.

No ill will towards the park, I don't dislike it, just other parks I'd put above it on my list.

I was just curious as I've always wanted to road trip it out that way someday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:15 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
I'm right there with you, play your guns, not hunches or misplaced loyalties...

How much say does Counsell have in lineup decisions?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:16 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
Listen, playing a hot hand is one thing but sitting one out best hitters to do so in a playoff push is ridiculous. It's not calling Counsell the worst manager or anything close to it. It's simply questioning his decision and for good reason. Heck, maybe Santana is hurt and we just don't know. But god forbid we question it. [rolling eyes]

We have a certain amount of posters who hate it when you question the manager, been that way throught the years with all our managers.

I was on the Counsell bandwagon until about 1/4 through this season when I started to notice I was questioning his decision making......a LOT more than the previous season.

I just don't think he is the guy to take us deep into the playoffs or be our guy in a world series appearance. Doesn't matter what I think though, Stearns and Attanasio seem positively enamoured with the guy...

Yea I know we can all nitpick things, and I know we'd be able to in the next manager too. But big picture he's managed a team to massively overachieving this year, you're just not gonna push that guy out. Maybe in game stuff could be improved and I'm sure he's learning as he goes a bit, but he must be doing something right behind the scenes. The team is clearly motivated and the chemistry is great. That's a big part of the job too

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:18 PM Post
Both the Cubs and Rockies idle, so we could move to within 3.5 of the division and 2 of the WC.

Too early to call anything a must win but man it's a 1 game swing in both races one way or another. Can't expect to run the table but every loss is just so damaging at this point.

So let's get some more runs...Suter doing his job so far..wonder how long they'll him go.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:19 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Brew4U said:

I was just curious as I've always wanted to road trip it out that way someday.

PNC is one of my favorite ballparks. It has a small, intimate feel, friendly staff, good food, and of course the view is the best in baseball. There isn't much going around directly outside the park but it's nice to walk around the outfield and across the bridge.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:21 PM Post
I'm fine with Counsell, I think he's overall a good manager. I do question some of his decisions and think he has a tendency to overthink and get a little too cute with his moves at times, but I appreciate the fact that all his decisions aren't married to some old school book.

I do agree Santana needs to be playing. He's arguably our best hitter and coming off a good day. This is September 18th in a pennant race, not the middle of June . It's all hands on deck and your best guys every day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:23 PM Post
As much as Counsell might take some heat, he has masterfully managed the pitching staff as the rosters have expanded and the Brewers starters have fallen by the wayside due to ineffectiveness or injury.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 18, 2017, 6:23 PM Post
Got five shutout innings from Suter. Not sure how much he has left in the tank. But can't ask for much better performance.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply