LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:54 PM Post
Good thing we hit 81 wins already. I can see this starting a losing streak.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:55 PM Post
Bombers said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
It's pathetically embarrassing how loud it is for the Cubs in our own stadium. It can't possible be that drastic of a home environment anywhere else in the majors.

Yeah I just said this to my father five minutes ago. It seems pretty sad. I get the market of Cubs fans is much larger than ours but it just doesn't sit well.

And in what environment does the 5th largest city in North America (3rd largest City in the US) sit 1-2 hours from the 31st largest. I always find it odd how this shocks people. Cost of living is higher in Chicago, which means drastically cheaper seats in MKE compared to what they pay at Wrigley.

I don't think it shocks either one of us that discussed this. I don't want to speak for adam but it was more of a discussion because it just flat out stinks to have your park invaded when you're trying to make a run at the post season. That's all.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:56 PM Post
mtrebs said:

How are you going to spend your October? Cheering on the Cubs I hope!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:56 PM Post
topper09er said:
We need to schedule these Cubs games for like 5:30 starts so it is tougher for FIBS to get here

Wouldn't help. Lee Elia was right. Cubs fans don't have jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:57 PM Post
adambr2 said:
It's pathetically embarrassing how loud it is for the Cubs in our own stadium. It can't possible be that drastic of a home environment anywhere else in the majors.

Accounts from Washington was that the Phillies fans would attend in droves during their good run about a decade ago. But that's about the closest recent example. Maybe being in a different league and division than the Cubs wasn't so bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 9:58 PM Post
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
mtrebs said:

How are you going to spend your October? Cheering on the Cubs I hope!

I'd rather hang out with ISIS.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:03 PM Post
It's bad how predictable this has gotten. We can pretty much call our shot at home in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th, that we will in fact not walk off in the 9th, then give up the lead in the 10th and lose.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:06 PM Post
adambr2 said:
It's bad how predictable this has gotten. We can pretty much call our shot at home in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th, that we will in fact not walk off in the 9th, then give up the lead in the 10th and lose.

It is bad. Not only can you virtually guarantee such a result, but the same is true when losing going into the 9th inning. The near-complete inability to pull out wins is shocking for a major league team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:10 PM Post
I was at the game, but a buddy told me sogard was pushed off the base. Is that true?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:10 PM Post
North burbs people have an easier drive to mke than wrigley too. It is what it is, nothing can be done while the Cubs are good. The only example I remember is when we were good and the Cubs were tanking I was at games at wrigley that were majority Brewers fans. It happened. We bought like 8th row behind a dugout for like 30 bucks too. Granted, most of these diehards weren't even fans 3 years ago so it's a bit different now

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:12 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I was at the game, but a buddy told me sogard was pushed off the base. Is that true?

Nah nothing to complain about. Nothing close to that one villar had at third vs the cards a few weeks ago that was blatant

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:26 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

No - he just slid hard and when he exchanged hand to foot on base he popped off

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:32 PM Post
There have been times when a player has been pushed off the base. This was not one of those times. He was almost able to keep his hand or foot on the base without leaving but he was off for a split second with the tag applied.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:51 PM Post
I firmly believe the tag forced his hand off, however it was just a normal tag, nothing like a carpenter tag, so it falls in the category of what can you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:54 PM Post
I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:54 PM Post
Until this team find ways to win these type of games they will never see the playoffs. You lose in these big games when it's all on the line.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:56 PM Post
Losing streak to 3 games in the worst time to bad we couldn't shift these games to wriggly where we seem to do much better. The brewers just can't win when it counts

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:59 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question

If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:02 PM Post
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:

If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.

I have a friend that works the games and this person wouldn't lie about it. Was seen firsthand.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:04 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:

I have a friend that works the games and this person wouldn't lie about it. Was seen firsthand.

I believe you. Did they take some photos? If so they should bring it to a journalist at a newspaper.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply