LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 10 innings]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5835
Rockies win. Now 2 GB of the WC. Crap.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:17 PM Post
Posts: 4
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:
I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question


If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.


Is this what we are resorting to now? Cripes. Season must be over.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 22, 2017, 11:21 PM Post
Posts: 496
Location: New Berlin, WI
I'm gong to follow up with my season seat rep tomorrow, as I'm a ssh. Since I have no proof I highly doubt anything comes of it. But I'm going to try.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 3:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5835
sobomp3 said:
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:
I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question


If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.


Is this what we are resorting to now? Cripes. Season must be over.


We? I don't work for the Brewers. I said games because if something is happening at one game that doesn't add up, it probably is at other games too. More of a MLB issue than just a Brewer issue.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 5:38 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
MilwaukeeDoctor said:
mtrebs said:
Good thing we hit 81 wins already. I can see this starting a losing streak.


How are you going to spend your October? Cheering on the Cubs I hope!


No thank you. My brother lives in DC so I'll cheer for the Nats.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 5:39 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
ReverendBrewmeister said:
adambr2 said:
It's pathetically embarrassing how loud it is for the Cubs in our own stadium. It can't possible be that drastic of a home environment anywhere else in the majors.

Accounts from Washington was that the Phillies fans would attend in droves during their good run about a decade ago. But that's about the closest recent example. Maybe being in a different league and division than the Cubs wasn't so bad.


The Marlins and the Rays have the similar issues down here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 5:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
ReverendBrewmeister said:
adambr2 said:
It's bad how predictable this has gotten. We can pretty much call our shot at home in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th, that we will in fact not walk off in the 9th, then give up the lead in the 10th and lose.

It is bad. Not only can you virtually guarantee such a result, but the same is true when losing going into the 9th inning. The near-complete inability to pull out wins is shocking for a major league team.


I hope our guys were paying attention. It is remarkable what can happen when put the ball in play instead of trying to hit a HR every time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 5:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 902
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Brew4U said:
Rockies win. Now 2 GB of the WC. Crap.


This is probably just as well. Even if we got in what good would it do? This bunch is full of promise but not really ready for post season play.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 6:35 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4461
KeithStone53151 said:
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:
I Have an inside connection and was told apparently "guests" of the umpires were wearing cubs gear tonight. Why am I not surprised. This **** is rigged without question


If this is true, someone needs to dig deeper and find out more information and get to the bottom of any connection this may have with the outcome of games.


I have a friend that works the games and this person wouldn't lie about it. Was seen firsthand.


Um, so what?
Umps get tickets. They give the tickets to friends, who happen to be Cubs fans.

What is the big deal?

Absolutely hilarious.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 6:48 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6411
Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 8:39 AM Post
Posts: 10109
Yeah I mean, if an umpires' wife and kids are sitting in the stands decked out in Cubs' gear, that's not a good look. But a friend sitting in the stands? Meh, whatever. Umpires are human beings with friends that are also fans of the team. It doesn't mean there's a huge conspiracy going on. It's not like there was a bad damning call last night that screams bias.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 8:45 AM Post
Posts: 1689
Location: Madison, WI
C'mon don't go down this whiny route. Think about it, these guys travel all over the country. It's only logical that if they have guests for a game in whatever city that they're going to be fans of the local team. IN this case both teams are local.

Especially since there really wasn't anything to complain about other than balls and strikes which can be done every game.

Perhaps their guests she told to where neutral clothes but I'm sure this happens all the time


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 8:50 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1109
The paranoia here is really funny to me. I appreciate that some of you hurt so badly when things don't go our team's way and I mean that genuinely ... but this has been a remarkable season, hard for me to be mad at how things are finishing. I am not saying one way is better than the other but it is hard for me to get emotionally distraught at a bunch of young kids for not winning a made up game against another group of young kids. This game is hard. I don't think these guys go up to the plate wanting to swing at bad pitches, wanting to walk guys, wanting to not put the ball in play with a runner on 3rd, etc. Game is hard. Sometimes we swing and miss. Sometimes the other pitcher throws a really good pitch. Sometimes the umpires see a strike that isn't and vice versa.

I appreciate that some expect greatness and are hurt when it doesn't happen ... I just hope those of you that do are not missing out on the beauty that this season has been. Lowest payroll in baseball, lowest expectations in baseball, and we pushed one of the biggest spenders in the game down the wire and now their fans are coming to our message board to troll us. Feels kind of good to get that form of 'respect', no?

We will see how the rest of the season plays out - still a few games left and we can make it happen. But either way, try to enjoy it and keep the blood pressure in check. Cheers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 8:51 AM Post
Posts: 10109
jerichoholicninja said:
Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.


The cherry on top of these last 2 games is that the Cubs are basically going to have the division sewn up by the end of the series. So they have 4 coming up against St Louis, and instead of those being important games for the Cubs, they can essentially shift into cruise control and start lining up their pitching matchups for the playoffs, resting their top relievers and position players, etc.

So not only have we hurt ourselves, we've actually helped the Cardinals in the Wild Card race by softening up their schedule for the last week.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 9:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1109
adambr2 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.


The cherry on top of these last 2 games is that the Cubs are basically going to have the division sewn up by the end of the series. So they have 4 coming up against St Louis, and instead of those being important games for the Cubs, they can essentially shift into cruise control and start lining up their pitching matchups for the playoffs, resting their top relievers and position players, etc.

So not only have we hurt ourselves, we've actually helped the Cardinals in the Wild Card race by softening up their schedule for the last week.


So let's hypothetically say we split these last two, as do the Cardinals. The Cubs would have a 5 game lead on St. Louis afterwards. You believe - after enduring 7 months of a baseball season - heading into a 4 game series against the only team that can take the division from them - the Cubs are going to lay down/rest? Give St. Louis any chance to get momentum and take the season down to the final game? The Cubs will play hard until math tells them they don't have to. Don't fool yourself. The Brewers haven't done themselves any favors the last 3 nights but don't be this way..


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-22: Cubs (Lackey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 6:35 PM CDT
Posted: September 23, 2017, 11:09 AM Post
Posts: 10109
liveforoctober said:
adambr2 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Glad I forced myself not to watch this last night. Even better that MLB App stopped working mid game and I had no clue what was going on. Really looking forward to the Cardinals winning the final Wild Card when we finish the season there. Will be a fitting end.


The cherry on top of these last 2 games is that the Cubs are basically going to have the division sewn up by the end of the series. So they have 4 coming up against St Louis, and instead of those being important games for the Cubs, they can essentially shift into cruise control and start lining up their pitching matchups for the playoffs, resting their top relievers and position players, etc.

So not only have we hurt ourselves, we've actually helped the Cardinals in the Wild Card race by softening up their schedule for the last week.


So let's hypothetically say we split these last two, as do the Cardinals. The Cubs would have a 5 game lead on St. Louis afterwards. You believe - after enduring 7 months of a baseball season - heading into a 4 game series against the only team that can take the division from them - the Cubs are going to lay down/rest? Give St. Louis any chance to get momentum and take the season down to the final game? The Cubs will play hard until math tells them they don't have to. Don't fool yourself. The Brewers haven't done themselves any favors the last 3 nights but don't be this way..


Uh, okay. So let's say this 'hypothetically' occurs, the Cubs would have a 5 game lead with 7 to play . So one single win makes it 6 with 6 to play. You believe --in the final 3 games -- after having at least a the clinched the Cubs are going to play all their starters, roll with Wade Davis and other top relievers on consecutive days, and in any way treat the games with the urgency of the 1st game of this series? That's absolute foolishness. Sure, they're not going to treat it like a ST game until they actually clinch, but they're not going to be playing it like they played the first game of this series.

Please don't tell me not to 'be this way' when my point was complete logical. Maddon was resting starters from the middle of September last year. And it might not even come to that, they could clinch before the series. If it's 5 like you'd say, they'd clinch with 2 wins against St Louis. You don't think it's impactful that they'd be treating the last 2 games of the series like spring training games?

Bottom line, we need to win these last 2 games against the Cubs to keep things competitive.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 256 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test