LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT (Brewers lose, 6-0)

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#81

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 116
turborickey said:
bucks2281 said:
The bases are loaded and the season is on the line? And he brings in Carlos Torres.


Makes zero sense, none, zip, nada.

Anyone but Tores and Drake...


Ha, you didn't rule out Garza. Now you're stuck with him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#82

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6320
Eddie "windmill" Sedar strikes again...

*sigh*


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#83

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 116
Noodle arm Hamilton gets a runner at the plate? Wow, just not the Brewers' night I guess.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#84

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:46 PM Post
Posts: 5787
For the first time this year, Brewers will have epic come from behind win tonight. Book it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#85

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:47 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6411
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I can honestly say that I'm ready to be done with Ryan Braun. This team's offense needed their supposed bast player to step up over the last month, and he's failed miserably.


I mean it seems that way but he's got an .835 OPS over the last 30 days. Not Braun level but well above average.


I would venture to say that very few of those hits have been extra bases, and none have been in clutch situations.


11 of 25 for extra bases. I couldn't tell you RISP but I'm sure it's not good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#86

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:48 PM Post
Posts: 10109
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Noodle arm Hamilton gets a runner at the plate? Wow, just not the Brewers' night I guess.


Noodle arm Billy Hamilton? Was that supposed to be in blue?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#87

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 116
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Noodle arm Hamilton gets a runner at the plate? Wow, just not the Brewers' night I guess.


Noodle arm Billy Hamilton? Was that supposed to be in blue?


Yeah, it's not fair that he's fast and has a gun.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#88

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
Posts: 10109
The division window officially closes tonight, and I'm starting to accept that it's becoming extremely likely that we're going to fall short. Still proud of the team for the season they've had.

If some miracle happens in the last few games -- great. But I think this is probably the nail in the coffin.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#89

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5835
I would have loved to see Phillips get an at bat with bases loaded in that situation. Cedar takes too many bats out of people’s hands.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#90

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:53 PM Post
Posts: 10109
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Noodle arm Hamilton gets a runner at the plate? Wow, just not the Brewers' night I guess.


Noodle arm Billy Hamilton? Was that supposed to be in blue?


Yeah, it's not fair that he's fast and has a gun.


For some reason I can't stand him. Probably because he seems to kill us, but other than those 2 things you mentioned he's a lousy baseball player.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#91

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:55 PM Post
Posts: 10109
You would think Sedar would have to be gone after this year. The 'good old boy' system can only buy you so many years -- you would THINK.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#92

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:58 PM Post
Posts: 10109
Did someone in the crowd really just yell the 'We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher' thing? I haven't heard that since I was like, 8.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#93

Posted: September 27, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 16977
jerichoholicninja said:
Anything else worth watching on TV tonight?


The new Modern Family episode was pretty funny.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#94

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:00 PM Post
Posts: 5787
adambr2 said:
You would think Sedar would have to be gone after this year. The 'good old boy' system can only buy you so many years -- you would THINK.


Sedar was much better this year. No more permanent green light. More like a round-about at 3B this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#95

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:16 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6411
It's nice that Eddie Vedder is a Brewer fan and does these commercials for us.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#96

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2139
adambr2 said:
The division window officially closes tonight, and I'm starting to accept that it's becoming extremely likely that we're going to fall short. Still proud of the team for the season they've had.

If some miracle happens in the last few games -- great. But I think this is probably the nail in the coffin.


It's going to take sweeping the last 4 games to finish 87-75 and Colorado finishing 1-2. Not impossible but it's not worth getting emotionally invested in the games, especially after this lethargic performance


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#97

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 116
Getting shut out by Homer Bailey is probably the most 2017 Brewers thing that could have happened. The inconsistency of this offense over the last month likely cost them a playoff birth.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#98

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:22 PM Post
Posts: 380
It's weird. I don't feel that heartbroken? I don't know, maybe it's easier to just get beat than to lose like those three in a row earlier this week. Also, I sort of feel like 2 down with 3 to go is not the end of the world. That's assuming the team can bounce back tomorrow, of course.

Either way, agree with the bright future angle. This season has delivered so much more than anticipated. I'd would have been happy with 78 wins. 83 is pretty awesome. Let's get 87 and just hope.

It's also kind of funny to me how essentially random baseball can be. 83 wins at this point in the AL is good enough for like a 4 game WC lead.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
#99

Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6411
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
It's weird. I don't feel that heartbroken? I don't know, maybe it's easier to just get beat than to lose like those three in a row earlier this week. Also, I sort of feel like 2 down with 3 to go is not the end of the world. That's assuming the team can bounce back tomorrow, of course.

Either way, agree with the bright future angle. This season has delivered so much more than anticipated. I'd would have been happy with 78 wins. 83 is pretty awesome. Let's get 87 and just hope.

It's also kind of funny to me how essentially random baseball can be. 83 wins at this point in the AL is good enough for like a 4 game WC lead.


As Brewer fans, we are used to being disappointed. We've all been saying this wouldn't hold up since the all star break.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-27: Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 27, 2017, 8:39 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 5070
I'm glad the lead disappeared when it did. It would have hurt more to see it slip away in September.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test