LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3; gain no ground on COL]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#61

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4207
jerichoholicninja said:
Is Mondesi the one who just got jailed for embezzling money while being mayor?


Haha I never heard this but yes:

"He was the mayor of San Cristobal, San Cristobal from 2010 to 2016, but after his term ended he was investigated for fraud. On September 20, 2017, he was sentenced to 8 years in prison on charges of corruption and embezzling $6 million from public funds in his time as mayor. He was also barred from holding any public office for ten years."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#62

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6418
topper09er said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Is Mondesi the one who just got jailed for embezzling money while being mayor?


Haha I never heard this but yes:

"He was the mayor of San Cristobal, San Cristobal from 2010 to 2016, but after his term ended he was investigated for fraud. On September 20, 2017, he was sentenced to 8 years in prison on charges of corruption and embezzling $6 million from public funds in his time as mayor. He was also barred from holding any public office for ten years."


No public office for 10 years? Why is he not banned for life?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#63

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4207
jerichoholicninja said:

No public office for 10 years? Why is he not banned for life?


Reminds me of this


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#64

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:47 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4207
7-1 Rockies, we better not lose this game with anyone other than Knebel or Hader on the mound


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#65

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6418
7-1 Rockies.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#66

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:48 PM Post
Posts: 10118
Another HR for the Rockies. Dodgers just getting pounded.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#67

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
Posts: 10118
I don't understand why people just assumed we were going to get help from the Dodgers. It's in Colorado, L.A doesn't have nearly as much to play for, and they were totally worthless helping us against the Rockies last time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#68

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4207
Vogt is my hero tonight


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#69

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5851
I hope the Dodgers lose first round. Bunch of bums.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#70

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:54 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5851
adambr2 said:
I don't understand why people just assumed we were going to get help from the Dodgers. It's in Colorado, L.A doesn't have nearly as much to play for, and they were totally worthless helping us against the Rockies last time.


There’s something about playing with pride. There’s also something about knocking out your divisional opponents.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#71

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:54 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 645
The apocolypse is nye, brewers score runs on back to cback at bats with rinner on third and less than 2 outs!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#72

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:57 PM Post
Posts: 6356
Location: Kenosha, WI
What a stupid double steal.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#73

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1604
topper09er said:
Also it looks like about every 10 years we get both ROYs ending up HOFers

56 Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio
67 Tom Seaver, Rod Carew
77 Andre Dawson, Eddie Murray
01 Albert Pujols, Ichiro
12 Bryce Harper, Mike Trout ?
15 Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa ?

Can you name the only ROY from the 80s who is in the HOF?


Ripken?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#74

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6418
Ya, totally stupid and pointless even if he's safe.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#75

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
Posts: 10118
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I don't understand why people just assumed we were going to get help from the Dodgers. It's in Colorado, L.A doesn't have nearly as much to play for, and they were totally worthless helping us against the Rockies last time.


There’s something about playing with pride. There’s also something about knocking out your divisional opponents.


Sure those are factors to some degree but they're for a team like the Dodgers with WS aspirations they're going to put their long-term goals for this year first.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#76

Posted: September 29, 2017, 7:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4207
DocLuna7 said:
topper09er said:
Also it looks like about every 10 years we get both ROYs ending up HOFers

56 Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio
67 Tom Seaver, Rod Carew
77 Andre Dawson, Eddie Murray
01 Albert Pujols, Ichiro
12 Bryce Harper, Mike Trout ?
15 Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa ?

Can you name the only ROY from the 80s who is in the HOF?


Ripken?


Correct well done, sort of an asterisk question considering McGwire won and he did hit 583 HRs...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#77

Posted: September 29, 2017, 8:01 PM Post
Posts: 6356
Location: Kenosha, WI
jerichoholicninja said:
Ya, totally stupid and pointless even if he's safe.


Not to mention Chase Anderson looked terrible on the first pitch trying to bunt and it was actually a good one to get down. Why one would think the steal there is beyound me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#78

Posted: September 29, 2017, 8:11 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 637
The Brewers website says Guerra is going tomorrow, but the Rockies announcers just said that Wilkerson is starting. Any idea which it is?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#79

Posted: September 29, 2017, 8:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 645
Brewers have said guerra so ill believe them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-09-29: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Grant) 7:15 PM CDT
#80

Posted: September 29, 2017, 8:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 827
Brew4U said:
I hope the Dodgers lose first round. Bunch of bums.


They will. Think they're overrated.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test