LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6; eliminated, but not until game 161]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-30: Brewers (Guerra) at Cardinals (Weaver) 3:15 PM CDT
Posted: October 01, 2017, 12:27 AM Post
Jimbo said:
What can you say, this game was a microcosm of the season.

I attended nine games this year, losing three while leading/tied after seven. I was at the game in Washington where they allowed seven in the bottom of the 8th to lose and slip out of first for good.

I would rather miss the WC spot by two games instead of just one. That way I won't be agonizing all winter what could have been. The real bummer for me about losing today was I was real curious how tonight and Sunday would have played out. We will never know for sure now that the issue has been settled.

Still time to get it down to one game with a win today and Rockies loss!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2017, 2:25 AM Post
Why was Hader removed

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2017, 8:53 AM Post
Who will be held accountable for all of the mishaps this year? Or do we hand out blue ribbons to everyone and say "We have some momentum for NEXT season!" like is usually the case.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2017, 9:29 AM Post
superfly said:
Who will be held accountable for all of the mishaps this year? Or do we hand out blue ribbons to everyone and say "We have some momentum for NEXT season!" like is usually the case.

Personally, I don't think Counsell is our guy for the future, however, I think his job is 100% safe, so there probably isn't any reason to discuss it further. I just don't have any confidence in his in game management from line-ups to bull pen usage, it all needs to improve greatly if we are to take the next step.

I'd cut Eddie "windmill" Sedar loose immediately if I had the power... Again, I think he is untouchable, so no need to speculate.

I think everyone in the organization will just sit back and feel good about making it as far as they have this season, and that will be the end of it.

I fully expect a couple major deals in the off season, bringing in a big time starter, a couple bullpen arms, and above all a BIG bat! I only hope we don't drain the farm in doing so.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply