LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Playoff Thread [World Series: HOU vs. LAD]

Offline  Re: 2017 Divisional Series: BOS@HOU, NYY@CLE, ARI@LAD, CHC@WSN

Posted: October 14, 2017, 9:22 PM Post
Brian doesn't know what sidearm is if he thinks that Lackey pitch was sidearmed.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2017, 9:47 PM Post
Different angle of Schwarber jumping for Puig's home run.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2017, 10:10 PM Post
Can someone explain the appeal of Pedro Martinez? Because everyone in sports media loves him but I don't understand why.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2017, 9:47 AM Post
Im not sure either, most of the sports media guys who were former players suck, imo.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2017, 10:29 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
Get over it, Darling. "Whaaaa, it's a bad rule, whaaaa."

Without that rule, contreras gets destroyed by culberson... and he's probably safe anyways. Maddon should be thanking his lucky stars for that rule, or he might have been without a catcher the rest is the post season

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2017, 9:07 PM Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2017, 9:35 PM Post
Also, giant thank you to Joe Maddon for really Showaltering that inning.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2017, 4:15 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
To pile on Smotlz some more he said giving up runs with 2 outs counts 3 times more in the postseason. What the hell does that even mean?

I think he's just not articulating his point very well. Playoff series come down to just a handful of sequences(not breaking news). Runs are usually harder to come by, guys don't give away at bats...and to the point about the Astro's manufacturing runs or having productive outs, yes, they have a great offense and that's clearly the reason their here, but being able to manufacture runs, get a guy, having him steal or moving him over and it does make a difference.

Playoff series with elite pitching is the only time I can stomach the "productive out" talk.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2017, 9:41 AM Post
trwi7 said:
Also, giant thank you to Joe Maddon for really Showaltering that inning.

I think his "genius" has been waaaay overblown and this series shows he's just a crusty old traditionalist like the rest of them. God bless Craig Counsell.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2017, 9:01 PM Post
https://deadspin.com/john-lackey-should ... 1819503434

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2017, 8:40 PM Post
This is one reason why I'm finding playoff baseball to be unwatchable lately, even with my secondary team Dodgers playing. All these stepping off, mound visits from the catcher, mound visits from the pitching coach, excessive pitching changes, the games take about a week and a half to complete, and most of these games have been low scoring. MLB really has to take a stand against this stuff, toughen up and shorten these games somehow. It's ridiculous.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2017, 9:51 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
This is one reason why I'm finding playoff baseball to be unwatchable lately, even with my secondary team Dodgers playing. All these stepping off, mound visits from the catcher, mound visits from the pitching coach, excessive pitching changes, the games take about a week and a half to complete, and most of these games have been low scoring. MLB really has to take a stand against this stuff, toughen up and shorten these games somehow. It's ridiculous.

100 % agree. MLB the only sport that allows unlimited timeouts

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2017, 3:44 PM Post
It's weird that I really never thought of Todd Frazier at all when he was a Red and White Sox but now he's turned into an insufferable d-bag with the Yankees.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 10:24 AM Post
The pitch clock is supposedly on the way, which may help "pace of play" (certainly more than the no-pitch IBB). I think we just need to be realistic about expectations, given that postseason games are just going to be longer than regular ones. You've got longer commercial breaks and additional pressure and all that. It's just a matter of determining how much is too much. 10 percent longer seems about right, with average game times around 3 hours and 20 minutes. Keep it under that, and it's probably fine.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 6:39 PM Post
From the MLB Rulebook section on umpires under "General Instructions for Umpires": Keep the game moving.

Specific rules about when timeouts can be taken would be great but quite frankly, the umpires should not be allowing players to visit the mound whenever they want to. And the umps are totally within their rights to refuse a mound visit if they chose.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 7:05 PM Post
7-0 Dodgers in the third inning!!! Kiki Hernandez grand slam!!!! Kershaw on the mound plus one of the best bullpens in baseball, dare I say this series is over?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 7:13 PM Post
Call me heartless, but I can't get enough of the shots of Cubs' fans faces in the crowd right now! Keep 'em coming!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 7:16 PM Post
Spidey said:
Call me heartless, but I can't get enough of the shots of Cubs' fans faces in the crowd right now! Keep 'em coming!

We need pictures posted here, and soon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 7:29 PM Post
Lackey is such a jagoff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2017, 7:32 PM Post
9-0. Choke on that, Lackey.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply