LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

Offline  Re: 2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:49 PM Post
Yeah that's about right. Top of the bleachers next to Fridays under the goodwill sign.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:52 PM Post
Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:55 PM Post
Lorenzo Cain’s homerun was a 109mph rocket he sent 418 feet. Flirted with clearing the Goodwill section in LF.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:55 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I have no way to back this up, but PHing for your pitcher with two outs and no one on seems like a wasted resource. I know the pitcher is done, but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just let your pitcher hit and save the PHer for some other time. Maybe save him for a match up later in the game or something or with men on base? I wonder sometimes.

And let him get hurt? No. PH everytime you can.

Anderson, Nelson, Guerra. All batting/running. No thank you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:56 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

I've been saying this for weeks. Just so immature and I really question his dedication to his craft. He's not the future.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:57 PM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:
MrTPlush said:
I have no way to back this up, but PHing for your pitcher with two outs and no one on seems like a wasted resource. I know the pitcher is done, but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just let your pitcher hit and save the PHer for some other time. Maybe save him for a match up later in the game or something or with men on base? I wonder sometimes.

Let them just stand there and take the strikeout. My reasoning is that the PH being used is essentially worthless...so I guess using the pitcher let him stand at the back of the batter box for all I care.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 7:59 PM Post
What a play by Shaw.......

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:00 PM Post
What a play by Shaw. That was pretty!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:08 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
AdvantageSchneider said:
MrTPlush said:

Let them just stand there and take the strikeout. My reasoning is that the PH being used is essentially worthless...so I guess using the pitcher let him stand at the back of the batter box for all I care.

Why even let pitchers pitch? They could get hurt doing that too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:10 PM Post
AdvantageSchneider said:
MrTPlush said:

Last time I checked, pitchers were professional athletes. The odds of them getting hurt as a hitter/runner are still very slim.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Great win!

Quote   Reply 

It sure is great to be able to win games after six innings.

Quote   Reply 

Hader...Jeffress...Knebel. That is a winning formula if they can make the postseason.

Quote   Reply 

Corey looks like he is back to me.

With him Hader, JJ, and even Jennings and Albers that is one hell of a bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:16 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
AdvantageSchneider said:
MrTPlush said:

Last time I checked, pitchers were professional athletes. The odds of them getting hurt as a hitter/runner are still very slim.

And in the last 14 months 3 went down for long periods of time due to non-pitching injuries. I'd rather not chance those long odds any more than we need to.

Quote   Reply 

Totally unfair to have someone like Corey Knebel as your 3rd option in the pen.

Quote   Reply 

Its not about avoiding injury, it's about trying to give away as few outs as possible, particularly late in a close game. If a ph finds a way to get on base in the pitchers spot the top of the order comes up with men on, regardless of how many outs there are.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:17 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Totally unfair to have someone like Corey Knebel as your 3rd option in the pen.

The Brewers - and their bullpen - are doing a pretty nice job of shortening games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:18 PM Post
Ho hum, another brewer w...this pitching staff is something that isn't getting enough pub despite some recent articles about Hader's exploits

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2018, 8:22 PM Post
I’m surprised at how well Chase settled down today , sure looked like it may be a rough one, that was a pleasant surprise . Also encouraged by how good Albers stuff looked today also. Would have loved him in the 8th yesterday , just saying lol.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply