Yelich
Braun
Aguilar
Perez
Pina
Saladino
Arcia
Davies

Shaw, Santana and Villar get breathers. Braun back in the #3 hole. Hopefully he comes back and lights it up starting tonight. I still believe he has the hitting talent to carry this offense for stretches. I kinda like this lineup and having some boppers on the bench if needed.

Edit: Yikes? Really? Shaw and Villar aren't great against LHP, so it makes perfect sense. Only change I would have made would be to sit Yelich for Santana.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: May 24, 2018, 2:39 PM Post
Yelich has been better against lefties than Santana so fa this year, but I wouldn't get on that to continue.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 2:44 PM Post
I think it is fine that Yelich is playing today, my guess is Yelich will sit and Shaw will face Vargas.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 2:50 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Cain
Yelich
Braun
Aguilar
Perez
Pina
Saladino
Arcia
Davies

Shaw, Santana and Villar get breathers. Braun back in the #3 hole. Hopefully he comes back and lights it up starting tonight. I still believe he has the hitting talent to carry this offense for stretches. I kinda like this lineup and having some boppers on the bench if needed.

Edit: Yikes? Really? Shaw and Villar aren't great against LHP, so it makes perfect sense. Only change I would have made would be to sit Yelich for Santana.

Sure, yikes. *shrug* I'm looking at 5 thru 9. Doesn't seem great to me. I understand what CC is doing but that's still not... inspirational. But hopefully the bottom of the order stays hot. That's all.

Edit: Honestly, it's not even the 5 thru 9. Arcia is Arcia, he's gotta play and this is definitely a game you put him in there. It's the 5, seeing Perez hitting 5th bothers me. I don't even know how you fix it. Could move Saladino there instead the way he's been hitting but I kinda like him where he is, maybe if they swapped Pina and Perez. But does it matter that much? Probably not.

Last edited by SeaBass on May 24, 2018, 3:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
The last 3 times I've looked at a lineup and thought "ooof, I would have done 4 things differently..." we have won in laughers.

Looking forward to a 7-1 win tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: May 24, 2018, 3:13 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
I don't know why people are assuming Braun won't be the odd man out.

Because up until this point, there has been no indication that he will be. Maybe that will change but as of right now, it is pure speculation that he will sit for others to play.

It will all be decided on the field though. Either Braun will start to hit or he won't and then he probably will see a reduced role. Same with Aguilar. Either he will continue to hit, or he won't, and then he will see a reduced role. As with Thames when he returns. Let's not pretend like he's some sort of a given to produce. We've seen his dry spells a year ago and there was a reason he had to jettison to Korea in the first place. These things will play themselves out and the Brewers will hopefully be in a better place for it as they have plenty of guys who can/should perform.

As well it should be speculated. Things do change. Recent history matters. Braun is 34 and very broken down and has not been very good for a solid year now. I put a lot more weight on that, recent history, than say, Thames going to Korea in 2012. I think it's quite clear Thames is a very different player now compared to then.

Aguilar is a little tougher because he's got a very nice recent history but a very long history of being a journeyman. So it all has to be taken into account, but the bigger his sample size, the better for him.

Personally, I have no problem with Braun starting vs. Lefties. His numbers still justify that. I'm not crazy about him still batting 3rd, but I don't see a lot of much better options in the lineup tonight.

Against RHP, it gets trickier. I think we can all mostly agree that Cain, Yelich, and Shaw should start daily against anyone. I think Thames should always play against RHP, and Braun always against LHP. But Aguilar needs to play too against LHP. So against LHP, I'd generally sit Santana who doesn't have splits that demand he play against lefties.

But yeah, against RHP, I don't see how Braun should start often. Thames needs to get those starts. So it comes down to Braun vs. Santana -- I'll take the younger player. But yes I should hope it will be decided on the field, and if Braun proves himself as the better option, I'm good with it, just don't want decisions made based on contracts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 4:07 PM Post
Do I recall that some years ago we had kind of a silly moment and people were putting all posts in Haiku?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 4:45 PM Post
The Braun first at bat

Will he get a real hit or

Will it fail to fall

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 4:51 PM Post
Braun in the lineup
He is hitting third again
This is huge if true.

Last edited by PinaMadness on May 24, 2018, 4:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 4:51 PM Post
Oh yeah I remember the Haiku thing. Please tell me we aren't doing that again. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 5:07 PM Post
Yes please make it stop.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 5:20 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Yes please make it stop.

OK, I will stop, just channeling the old days for a moment!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:14 PM Post
Brewers pre-game talking about Braun like he's Willis Reed.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:19 PM Post
Pina is a BEAST!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:24 PM Post
Davies struggles in the first but that isn't unusual, even before his injury. Anderson struggled early too a few days ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:24 PM Post
Great Play by Davies....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:25 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Brewers pre-game talking about Braun like he's Willis Reed.

Well said...Made me laugh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:29 PM Post
And wouldn't you know it, Braun singles.

I'm predicting 4-4 and hits for the cycle and five RBIs.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply