LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Offline  Re: 2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: May 24, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
I don't understand the relationship between Orlando Arcia and the hitting coach. Is it they refuse to sit together and watch film?? Is it that the concept of plate discipline is a subject they are not comfortable discussing?? How can you watch this kid hit and not be able to explain you cannot hit with your back leg flying towards third base? I don't get what is happening. If he is uncoachable send him down. You cannot keep watching this. He is not turning this around unless they start with these basics.

THey need to cement his feet in the box and tape the bat to his shoulder maybe he can see a pitch come in then

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 9:22 PM Post
No, I don't know how to look this up, but it seems to me that the Brewers play better (have a better record) when Braun is on the DL over the last two years. Is this just my opinion or is it really true??? What is the win-loss record when he is available and when he is not available?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 9:33 PM Post
Brewce said:
No, I don't know how to look this up, but it seems to me that the Brewers play better (have a better record) when Braun is on the DL over the last two years. Is this just my opinion or is it really true??? What is the win-loss record when he is available and when he is not available?

Total coincidence that the night Braun returns to the 3 hole the offense goes back into the toilet after a great run with him out, no doubt.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 9:40 PM Post
Perez is another player who CC fell in love with and continues to get quality AB

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 10:14 PM Post
only watched the first inning as I was busy. Why the vitriol for Braun after this game 1/4 was as good as anyone else did. First AB of course was a perfect piece of hitting. No strikeouts, what was so bad?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 10:29 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
only watched the first inning as I was busy. Why the vitriol for Braun after this game 1/4 was as good as anyone else did. First AB of course was a perfect piece of hitting. No strikeouts, what was so bad?

He saw a total of 5 pitches in his last 3 ABs. He made 4 outs in those 5 pitches.

He grounded into a double play on a first pitch swing and just missed grounding into another one. He got on 25% of the time. He was not good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 10:40 PM Post
One of those nights, I suppose

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 4:49 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:

Because he didn’t somehow make the entire team hit well.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Posted: May 25, 2018, 6:47 AM Post
Shows how far the bar for Braun has fallen if we're holding him to the same offensive standard as Tyler Saladino and Orlando Arcia.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Posted: May 25, 2018, 7:12 AM Post
I saw the double play on replay and it was hit hard and the first AB was of course good. I'm just saying 1/4 night is pretty standard in the league of a blah night, not enough for people to lament that he's absolutely terrible and the cause for a shutout.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 7:34 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I saw the double play on replay and it was hit hard and the first AB was of course good. I'm just saying 1/4 night is pretty standard in the league of a blah night, not enough for people to lament that he's absolutely terrible and the cause for a shutout.

Wasting your breath. Some people will hate just because his last name is Braun and they don't want him around anymore.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 8:30 AM Post
Brew4U said:
tmwiese55 said:

Wasting your breath. Some people will hate just because his last name is Braun and they don't want him around anymore.

Bull. I don't like that he's not very good anymore and isn't helping us win and we're paying him a lot of money. It'll take more than a solid opposite field single on a bad pitch right down the middle from a lefty to convince me he's remotely headed in the right direction.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but so far I haven't been about Braun. If he rebounds and stays healthy (not happening, but hypothetically) and puts up a 3 WAR season and helps us win in the playoffs I will gladly bump this and laugh at myself. In fact I would prefer that.

And BTW I don't think he's absolutely terrible. Just not very consistent anymore. I fully expect him to start going on a nice run soon, start seeing the ball better, hitting for some pop, and then pretty much the day people start to get excited about him again, something will flare up, he'll suck for a week, something will flare up again, and he'll hit the DL. Rinse and repeat.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 8:49 AM Post
Dude came off the DL and went 1 for 4 in a game where there was no one really hitting but here you are berating just him. It's been old for awhile. You're stuck on it. It is what it is but if you can't see how often you write these "write-ups" about Braun, I don't know what to tell ya. You may end up being very right on this issue but it won't make how you've gone about it any less crazy and annoying. Entering mentioning Khrush and Gennett territory now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2018, 8:53 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Dude came off the DL and went 1 for 4 in a game where there was no one really hitting but here you are berating just him. It's been old for awhile. You're stuck on it. It is what it is but if you can't see how often you write these "write-ups" about Braun, I don't know what to tell ya. You may end up being very right on this issue but it won't make how you've gone about it any less crazy and annoying. Entering mentioning Khrush and Gennett territory now.

If you actually read through the game thread, I didn't initiate any dialogue during or after the game about Braun, even after the double play. Simply responded to other existing questions/conversation about him.

Also not sure what's "crazy" about it, I've simply stated my opinions, I have even said he should start daily against LHP and will have some good runs. Not calling for his release. As far as "annoying", well that's a matter of your perspective -- no one is forcing you to respond to my thoughts on Braun.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply