LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 227 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:12 PM Post
Posts: 817
bigredrobbo said:
bigredrobbo said:
PinaMadness said:
29-5 when we score at least three.


23-1 when we score 5, so 1 more should do it! [wink]


24-1 when we score 5!!


I had to look it up. Our one loss was a 6 to 5 loss against these same Mets.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:12 PM Post
Posts: 4954
Brew4U said:
Nothing wrong with going to Knebel there. If you can’t go to him with a two run lead, when can you?

Brewers win!!!


Agree. Hader not available .....JJ now can pitch tomorrow and Corey is a guy they need.

Managers can't give up on guys just because they have a bad day or 2.. ...that's for fans.

Great win.......


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:12 PM Post
Posts: 749
Corey gave us pause but got the job done.

Another win.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:13 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8846
So if Counsell used Corey in the 8th and not went to Jeffress in the 9th, we would all be cool with it?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:13 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5061
salmoxis said:
Man y'all must be ahead of me out in Siberia, looks like I'm a full AB behind on the mlb.tv feed!

The hell did you get banished to Siberia for?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Posts: 965
Corey gave up one run and there is a massive freakout. He will be fine. I would prefer that they not have a designated closer however.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Posts: 669
MrTPlush said:
coolhandluke121 said:
So stupid to revert to ridiculous bullpen dogma when you've been so successful bucking it all year long.


they didn’t want to pitch Jeffress two innings


12 pitches. They used an outing anyway so they may as well get some more pitches out of him. It's wasteful and inefficient to have such a short outing. Yeah, they might need to rest him tomorrow, but in the long run you can get more innings out of your best relievers if you reduce their outings and increasing their innings limit. He has 29 pitches since May 21st.

More importantly, Knebel just isn't good right now. Was extremely lucky last year with his poor command, and it's arguably gotten worse. No way he projects to continue to be a closer candidate until his command gets better. Derrick Turnbow says hello (because he's a friendly guy).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Posts: 12475
Did they actually say Hader wasn't available, or are we just assuming? I get that they'd prefer not to use him today but I don't see otherwise why going 2 innings on Friday with a reasonable pitch count would make him for sure unavailable today.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Posts: 1425
I had no problem, giving Knebel the 9th. It was the bottom of the order and would make Jeffress available tomorrow if need be. But after the homer and walk it was time to get someone up. Hopefully he is the fourth option until he earns better.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:20 PM Post
Posts: 11359
Myself I would have given Albers the 8th and Jeffress the 9th, but all's well that ends well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:24 PM Post
Posts: 4954
adambr2 said:
Did they actually say Hader wasn't available, or are we just assuming? I get that they'd prefer not to use him today but I don't see otherwise why going 2 innings on Friday with a reasonable pitch count would make him for sure unavailable today.


CC has been consistent.....when he pitches 2 innings or more (30-40 pitches) he gets 2 days off.

They want him fresh for the whole season. People need to get used to it so they don't need to ask every time he doesn't pitch.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8846
markedman5 said:
adambr2 said:
Did they actually say Hader wasn't available, or are we just assuming? I get that they'd prefer not to use him today but I don't see otherwise why going 2 innings on Friday with a reasonable pitch count would make him for sure unavailable today.


CC has been consistent.....when he pitches 2 innings or more (30-40 pitches) he gets 2 days off.

They want him fresh for the whole season. People need to get used to it so they don't need to ask every time he doesn't pitch.


And it’s smart too. It’s May. It’s a marathon. Keep that guy as fresh as we can.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:28 PM Post
Posts: 1126
OldSchoolSnapper said:
They escape. But set closers are still dumb.

I know, right? Roenicke, er, Counsell needs to adapt.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:31 PM Post
Posts: 12475
markedman5 said:
adambr2 said:
Did they actually say Hader wasn't available, or are we just assuming? I get that they'd prefer not to use him today but I don't see otherwise why going 2 innings on Friday with a reasonable pitch count would make him for sure unavailable today.


CC has been consistent.....when he pitches 2 innings or more (30-40 pitches) he gets 2 days off.

They want him fresh for the whole season. People need to get used to it so they don't need to ask every time he doesn't pitch.


He also said that there isn't an exact formula to this stuff. I understand that they'd prefer to get him multiple days off in a row, I don't need to "get used to it." I simply asked if they said on the air that he wasn't available.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:39 PM Post
Posts: 12475
Roderick said:
I had no problem, giving Knebel the 9th. It was the bottom of the order and would make Jeffress available tomorrow if need be. But after the homer and walk it was time to get someone up. Hopefully he is the fourth option until he earns better.


I'd just kind of prefer for the time being that he be used in earlier situations. Like the 7th earlier instead of Logan, and like Briggs said Albers for the 8th and Jeffress for the 9th would have been fine.

I'm not trying to say he should never close games, it just bothers me that they seem to have gone inflexible on it again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:54 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 389
Location: Clarksville, TN
Just tuning into the fun today. Couple things from my random check ins today:

1. These games are the games the Brewers typically have lost in the past. The bounce back off the mat of this team has been amazing inning to inning this year.

2. Sogard... why why .. still blah. My feelings are known on him.

3. Aguilar... Cain, Yelich... when these 3 are going .. my goodness

4. I wish CC would revert to no specific closer - Knebel showing some rust still but overall this pen is the best pen we’ve ever seen

5. Boone - still don’t see the overall value in him on this team and gave another homer today after I thought he was turning a corner

6. We have little things to work on and solidify ... but we are off to an amazing start and really really really need to win this St Louis series to I believe get this teams confidence up vs the rest the NL Central. Now is the time to put the pedal to the metal cause we know we will slump at some time and the others will get hot. The more distance we can get built here , the better !


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 3:54 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 473
There have been good lively crowds this year, but I have to say this was extra. Folks were into it greatly, and no one started the wave!! Fun day to be there!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 4:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2538
wallus said:
Corey gave up one run and there is a massive freakout. He will be fine. I would prefer that they not have a designated closer however.


It's not that he gave up a run. It's that from every outing he had in this series, it was completely predictable. We freak out because he gave up 6 baserunners, 3-4 walks, multiple runs, blew a save, over his last 1 2/3 IP when other pitchers have not had these struggles. Bullpen roles are stupid in general, like you said. But Corey has no business pitching in a high leverage situation on a regular basis.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 5:23 PM Post
Posts: 965
lcbj68c said:
wallus said:
Corey gave up one run and there is a massive freakout. He will be fine. I would prefer that they not have a designated closer however.


It's not that he gave up a run. It's that from every outing he had in this series, it was completely predictable. We freak out because he gave up 6 baserunners, 3-4 walks, multiple runs, blew a save, over his last 1 2/3 IP when other pitchers have not had these struggles. Bullpen roles are stupid in general, like you said. But Corey has no business pitching in a high leverage situation on a regular basis.


Other than location, his stuff looked just as good as ever. The argument could be made that he should be used in low leverage situations but up 2 runs against the Mets is different than one run or a tie.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 5:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 321
tmwiese55 said:
really he's been well aided by the ump here. I think 3 that were bad calls in his favor or this could look different



Gamecast had only the 2nd strike to Conforto out of the zone.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 227 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloena12 and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test