LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 227 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Offline  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 5:37 PM Post
Did anybody at the game notice extra heavy security? I do not recall see so many vested and loaded officers at any game ever. I leave though the center-field doors, and encountered a police car with its officer standing by with a kick ass assault style weapon with what appeared to be laser sights and other attachments watching people leave. It was in a down-pointing position, but her finger was poised near the trigger.

Just wonder if it was extra for Memorial Day, or if they were watching for something.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 27, 2018, 5:53 PM Post
1) Credit where its due, I just saw the Sogard defensive play in the 2nd, and it was not an easy one as well as potentially being a vitally important one in the game. That said. I'm pretty sure Arcia makes the play as well. [smile]

2) Seeing Zack Wheeler pitch today you wonder how different our team would be right now if Wilmer Flores hadn't cried...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 27, 2018, 6:00 PM Post
adambr2 said:
1) Credit where its due, I just saw the Sogard defensive play in the 2nd, and it was not an easy one as well as potentially being a vitally important one in the game. That said. I'm pretty sure Arcia makes the play as well. [smile]

2) Seeing Zack Wheeler pitch today you wonder how different our team would be right now if Wilmer Flores hadn't cried...

Wheeler showed great speed, but he did not seem to have a reliable 2nd pitch today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 27, 2018, 7:54 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
They escape. But set closers are still dumb.

I know, right? Roenicke, er, Counsell needs to adapt.

I don't get the crap Counsell is getting over this or the comparisons to Roenicke (or Yost that I've seen as well).

He's been pretty willing to shake up his bullpen usage and has treated Hader as a bullpen ace, bringing him in as early as the 4th inning this year or having him go multiple innings to face the opponents best hitters. He's been pretty quick to pull the plug on our starters and go to the bullpen when they get into trouble the 3rd time thru the order as well (to the point where people are complaining about that too).

Yes, he went back to using a set closer in the 9th and I don't totally agree with it, but that is something that pretty much all managers do so I can't really get hung up on it.

Reading thru the game threads (and a fair amount of other threads) most days, you would think the Brewers were 14 games under .500 instead of 14 over, and currently in 1st, based on the constant negativity from some. I understand the IGT's are largely reactionary but you think there would be a little more leeway based on how the team is doing overall. It seems as if some people are expecting perfection from the players and Counsell every game. There are gonna be moves that backfire and players that make mistakes or have bad games, but that happens to every team, every year and is not the end of the world (even if we missed the playoffs by one game last year).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 27, 2018, 8:15 PM Post
I was at the game today..
Brutally hot...unbearable
I was in section 109. I sat there for 5 innings, seeing only half of the game
due to to an endless supply of people going up and down the aisles.
Then i went over to TGIF's for chicken tenders, loaded potatoe skins and a pepsi for $30. wow
it was a great game but i am exhausted...lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 27, 2018, 8:17 PM Post
I nominate aguilar for NL player of the month

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 27, 2018, 9:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
LaprilOne said:
Did anybody at the game notice extra heavy security? I do not recall see so many vested and loaded officers at any game ever. I leave though the center-field doors, and encountered a police car with its officer standing by with a kick ass assault style weapon with what appeared to be laser sights and other attachments watching people leave. It was in a down-pointing position, but her finger was poised near the trigger.

Just wonder if it was extra for Memorial Day, or if they were watching for something.

I feel like I've seen at least one of these machine gun cops at every game I've been to so far this year, but it did seem a little more ramped up today.

I guess I get why they're there but it was definitely still super startling the first time I literally almost bumped into one of them all decked out for urban warfare.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 227 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply