LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Offline  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 28, 2018, 4:04 PM Post
I can't wait to see who DS brings to this team via trade.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 28, 2018, 4:39 PM Post
Not only was Braun ok with keeping Jesus at 3.....he suggested it. Putting the team first....great to see.

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 26881?s=21

https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 29824?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 4:46 PM Post
Want to know where that liner caught Suter?

https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/ ... 6039505922

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 5:02 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Not only was Braun ok with keeping Jesus at 3.....he suggested it. Putting the team first....great to see.

Things like this go a long ways in a marathon season. Leadership is good on this team and it’s showing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 5:06 PM Post
I love beating St. Louis any day. But especially today, this year, right now.

LETS KEEP IT GOING BOYS

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 28, 2018, 5:36 PM Post
SeaBass said:
Bring out Albers for another inning.

Fat Albers was a goodie

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:02 PM Post
markedman5 said:

I said about 2 weeks ago that I felt the only reason Braun was still batting 3rd was Counsell being concerned about offending him.

I do give Braun credit for this for sure. With that said, and I know people are going to disagree with me, I'm mildly annoyed that he had to say anything at all.

If it got to the point where Braun felt he should say something, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it. Likewise, if Counsell immediately agreed to it, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it either.

This is Counsell's lineup, not the players. At times, tough decisions will need to be made. Maybe even more unpopular decisions among the players than this, and he is going to need to make those tough decisions. They aren't going to always be handed to him like Braun did.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:13 PM Post
adambr2 said:
markedman5 said:

I said about 2 weeks ago that I felt the only reason Braun was still batting 3rd was Counsell being concerned about offending him.

I do give Braun credit for this for sure. With that said, and I know people are going to disagree with me, I'm mildly annoyed that he had to say anything at all.

If it got to the point where Braun felt he should say something, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it. Likewise, if Counsell immediately agreed to it, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it either.

This is Counsell's lineup, not the players. At times, tough decisions will need to be made. Maybe even more unpopular decisions among the players than this, and he is going to need to make those tough decisions. They aren't going to always be handed to him like Braun did.

Lineup order matters very little. The difference between batting 3rd or 5th is also very little.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:15 PM Post
Counsel is doing great. Making tough moves? He just Arcia down. Last year things like putting down Guerra, Peralta. Pulled the plug on Villar last year, has now pulled it on Sogard twice. I mean, when Braun came back it was whining about how all he'll do is put him back in the 3 hole and braun will suck. Well, he does exactly what ya'll wanted and you're complaining about the manner in which he did it. Plus, Braun has been great.

For all the nitpicking of Counsel on here you'd think we're below .500 and have some clear locker room issues rather than massively overachieving the last two years I think he's got the locker room fully on his side to do whatever he sees fit. Of course little stuff here or there that we might do different, but overall he's doing great. Let's get behind him

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:29 PM Post
Brew4U said:
PinaMadness said:

I don’t care for him but I don’t think he’s wrong. Aguilar is not good defensively.

Huh? I think he is just fine at 1st. smh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:33 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Counsel is doing great. Making tough moves? He just Arcia down. Last year things like putting down Guerra, Peralta. Pulled the plug on Villar last year, has now pulled it on Sogard twice. I mean, when Braun came back it was whining about how all he'll do is put him back in the 3 hole and braun will suck. Well, he does exactly what ya'll wanted and you're complaining about the manner in which he did it. Plus, Braun has been great.

For all the nitpicking of Counsel on here you'd think we're below .500 and have some clear locker room issues rather than massively overachieving the last two years I think he's got the locker room fully on his side to do whatever he sees fit. Of course little stuff here or there that we might do different, but overall he's doing great. Let's get behind him

Here we go again. Can't disagree with one thing without the dramatics of "you'd think we're below. 500" or "let's get behind him". "Whining" "Complaining"

I never said Counsell wasn't doing great. I think he's a great manager, it does mean he is exempt from ever being critiqued. I hope he's here a long time. One can disagree with someone they like on something without it being a big flipping deal.

I love my wife, it does not mean I agree with everything she does.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:34 PM Post

GIF Master
HEY GUYS I EXPECT EVERY PLAYER ON THE TEAM TO BE AMAZING AT EVERY ASPECT OF BASEBALL

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:36 PM Post
Counsel is far and away the best manager of this team in my lifetime, maybe the best in franchise history once it's all said and done. Seriously, the things I remember past Brewer managers doing are just crazy compared to Counsel.
Was at a game where Macha refused to use his last bench player because he was the backup catcher, even though it was late in extras and we had a runner at 3rd and one out, Randy Wolf pinch hit instead and struck out while the Brewers later ended up losing.
Was at a game where the Brewers trailed 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th, runners on the corners and just one out, Lopes decides to let Sheets hit for himself, he lays down a sacrifice (not a squeeze or saftey squeeze) just flat out sac the runner to 2nd, Brewers don't score and end up losing.

Watched Yost continue to put Turnbow in to close games and never take him out until the lead was gone, doesn't matter if he's walked the last two hitters on 8 pitches, he's the closer and he's not coming out of the game. Watched RR decide it's a good idea to have your #2 hitter laying down sac bunts after the leadoff hitter gets on base to open the game. Watched him decide to put Kotsay in CF in the NLCS! Nothing like Bettancourt, Weeks, Kotsay up the middle defensively! Watched Kameron Loe pitch to the meat of a lefty heavy lineup because its the 8th inning and he's the 8th inning guy regardless of if he's pitched 5 days in a row. Watched Yost put McClung in the 8th inning of a one run game late in the pennant race so he could play beanball and get payback from something earlier.

There's probably hundreds more that many of you remember over the years but with Counsel, very few. He manages this team about as optimally as possible and the results the last couple of years have been very good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:44 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
Counsel is far and away the best manager of this team in my lifetime, maybe the best in franchise history once it's all said and done. Seriously, the things I remember past Brewer managers doing are just crazy compared to Counsel.
Was at a game where Macha refused to use his last bench player because he was the backup catcher, even though it was late in extras and we had a runner at 3rd and one out, Randy Wolf pinch hit instead and struck out while the Brewers later ended up losing.
Was at a game where the Brewers trailed 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th, runners on the corners and just one out, Lopes decides to let Sheets hit for himself, he lays down a sacrifice (not a squeeze or saftey squeeze) just flat out sac the runner to 2nd, Brewers don't score and end up losing.

Watched Yost continue to put Turnbow in to close games and never take him out until the lead was gone, doesn't matter if he's walked the last two hitters on 8 pitches, he's the closer and he's not coming out of the game. Watched RR decide it's a good idea to have your #2 hitter laying down sac bunts after the leadoff hitter gets on base to open the game. Watched him decide to put Kotsay in CF in the NLCS! Nothing like Bettancourt, Weeks, Kotsay up the middle defensively! Watched Kameron Loe pitch to the meat of a lefty heavy lineup because its the 8th inning and he's the 8th inning guy regardless of if he's pitched 5 days in a row. Watched Yost put McClung in the 8th inning of a one run game late in the pennant race so he could play beanball and get payback from something earlier.

There's probably hundreds more that many of you remember over the years but with Counsel, very few. He manages this team about as optimally as possible and the results the last couple of years have been very good.

Macha really wasn't that terrible but his refusal to ever use his backup catcher was dumb I agree. Macha's worst flaw was a totally flat personality and complete inability to relate to any of his players.

Roenicke was the opposite, he generally seemed respected but was a terrible manager. He didn't seem to have a clue. He just seemed to do whatever fit into Small Ball 101.

I didn't think Yost was as bad as people made him out to be, heck the guy has a World Series now. Remember him being a pretty bad bullpen manager. It also drove me nuts that he would bat the pitcher 8th but then bat Tony Gwynn Jr. #2 and thus totally defeat the purpose of batting the pitcher 8th.

None of the guys in the 15 years or so before that really ever had an ounce of talent to work with and are pretty tough to evaluate. I agree on Counsell being the best of the bunch. I liked Sveum and wish he had gotten the job in 2009 instead of Macha, but we'll never know how it would have worked out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:54 PM Post
i was there. There were probably 5000 cardinals fans there.
In a sold out crowd of 43,000 that fact didnt bother me at all
Cardinal fans are known for showing up on the road
but it wasnt like when packer fans have 25,000 to 30,000 against
the buccaneers or arizona cardinals.
The only time i noticed was when they hit a 2 run homer

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 7:55 PM Post
I love the way Counsell will pull a SP early before much damage is done. We don't have starters that can make it 3 times through the lineup.

Then again it easy to do so when our bullpen can do no wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 8:07 PM Post
Pugger said:
Brew4U said:
PinaMadness said:

I don’t care for him but I don’t think he’s wrong. Aguilar is not good defensively.

Huh? I think he is just fine at 1st. smh

That’s great that you do but numbers suggest he’s average at best.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:00 PM Post
I don’t see the issue with talking to Braun about the batting order switch. It’s not like Counsell asked for his permission, he sat down and explained why he was doing it... it’s called communication. Did he have to do it? No, but good leaders do it

Great game, great run these last few weeks, this team is so fun to watch.

And the first page of the IGT never disappoints. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:18 PM Post
Yep .....CC would have done it anyway......Braun just decided to be a leader and make it an easy conversation.

Team is in a very good place right now. Everybody on the same page.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:20 PM Post
Brew4U said:
markedman5 said:

Things like this go a long ways in a marathon season. Leadership is good on this team and it’s showing.

He also had a good game as well.

I predicted this team could be World Series champs. Games like this make me feel very optimistic.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply