LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Offline  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:37 PM Post
hurricanecrush said:
I don’t see the issue with talking to Braun about the batting order switch. It’s not like Counsell asked for his permission, he sat down and explained why he was doing it... it’s called communication. Did he have to do it? No, but good leaders do it

Great game, great run these last few weeks, this team is so fun to watch.

And the first page of the IGT never disappoints. [laughing]

really strange that there are so many who are not giving Counsell credit. Dont get me wrong, managers are fair game but how he has handled our pitching has been phenomenal.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 28, 2018, 10:26 PM Post
Chicago Here said:
hurricanecrush said:
I don’t see the issue with talking to Braun about the batting order switch. It’s not like Counsell asked for his permission, he sat down and explained why he was doing it... it’s called communication. Did he have to do it? No, but good leaders do it

Great game, great run these last few weeks, this team is so fun to watch.

And the first page of the IGT never disappoints. [laughing]

really strange that there are so many who are not giving Counsell credit. Dont get me wrong, managers are fair game but how he has handled our pitching has been phenomenal.

Basically everyone is giving Counsell credit. And Stearns.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 29, 2018, 7:23 AM Post
adambr2 said:
tmwiese55 said:
Counsel is doing great. Making tough moves? He just Arcia down. Last year things like putting down Guerra, Peralta. Pulled the plug on Villar last year, has now pulled it on Sogard twice. I mean, when Braun came back it was whining about how all he'll do is put him back in the 3 hole and braun will suck. Well, he does exactly what ya'll wanted and you're complaining about the manner in which he did it. Plus, Braun has been great.

For all the nitpicking of Counsel on here you'd think we're below .500 and have some clear locker room issues rather than massively overachieving the last two years I think he's got the locker room fully on his side to do whatever he sees fit. Of course little stuff here or there that we might do different, but overall he's doing great. Let's get behind him

Here we go again. Can't disagree with one thing without the dramatics of "you'd think we're below. 500" or "let's get behind him". "Whining" "Complaining"

I never said Counsell wasn't doing great. I think he's a great manager, it does mean he is exempt from ever being critiqued. I hope he's here a long time. One can disagree with someone they like on something without it being a big flipping deal.

I love my wife, it does not mean I agree with everything she does.

You tried to make the argument or larger judgment that Counsell is incapable of making tough decisions based on something as little Braun bringing this up to him rather than him doing it on his own. And yea I'm the one overreacting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 29, 2018, 8:53 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
adambr2 said:
tmwiese55 said:
Counsel is doing great. Making tough moves? He just Arcia down. Last year things like putting down Guerra, Peralta. Pulled the plug on Villar last year, has now pulled it on Sogard twice. I mean, when Braun came back it was whining about how all he'll do is put him back in the 3 hole and braun will suck. Well, he does exactly what ya'll wanted and you're complaining about the manner in which he did it. Plus, Braun has been great.

For all the nitpicking of Counsel on here you'd think we're below .500 and have some clear locker room issues rather than massively overachieving the last two years I think he's got the locker room fully on his side to do whatever he sees fit. Of course little stuff here or there that we might do different, but overall he's doing great. Let's get behind him

Here we go again. Can't disagree with one thing without the dramatics of "you'd think we're below. 500" or "let's get behind him". "Whining" "Complaining"

I never said Counsell wasn't doing great. I think he's a great manager, it does mean he is exempt from ever being critiqued. I hope he's here a long time. One can disagree with someone they like on something without it being a big flipping deal.

I love my wife, it does not mean I agree with everything she does.

You tried to make the argument or larger judgment that Counsell is incapable of making tough decisions based on something as little Braun bringing this up to him rather than him doing it on his own. And yea I'm the one overreacting.

So then give examples why you disagree, like you started off doing, instead of dramatically making it about implications that we suck, we're under .500, and we should be grateful and supportive instead of whining and complaining.

I think Counsell and Stearns do a fantastic job, but I find the backlash quite over the top sometimes when one might simply disagree or take exception to a single thing they do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 29, 2018, 9:06 AM Post
No, as I said there's gonna be little stuff here and there and of course I'm one to point them out here and there too. And I'll acknowledge as little things, not try to make some grand judgment. The .500 type lines is about how frequent this is on the board (not specific to you), like he's constantly under scrutiny as if he's doing terrible. ETA: my list of examples were things of significance that he's had the balls to do after you were saying he wouldn't know how to handle a tough decisions based on having a disucssion with your 10 year MVP vet instead of just doing it on his own with no communication.

Specific to your post, you were trying to make some kind of larger grand judgment on his ability to make difficult decisions based on whether he batted a guy 5th or 3rd. And even though he did what you wanted, you still disapproved the manner in which he got to the decision.

And specific to the Braun handling when he came back, he's done nothing that was ballyhooed on here as a likely problem. Hasn't played him every day, moved him down, Jeses still playing 1B. Yet you're still finding something to criticize him, even though he's doing what you want.

ETA: good time to have 5 DH games to get everyone in the lineup. Though, I'm sure he'll still find a way to play PErez in the OF somehow, there's my little nitpicking.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]
Posted: May 29, 2018, 10:05 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
LaprilOne said:
hawing said:
Part of me wants to contact my ex-student employee and find out whether he stayed to the end today or not.
The rest of me knows better than to prolong contact. Thanks, Brewers.

You could text him a "neener neener"!

If I text him, he'd then have my cell phone number and based on his library conduct, he would NEVER STOP texting me. [sad]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply