LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 85 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-06-03: Brewers (Suter) at White Sox (Covey) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Online  Re: 2018-06-03: Brewers (Suter) at White Sox (Covey) 1:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:45 PM Post
Dan Jennings on the other hand has been pretty bad lately.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-03: Brewers (Suter) at White Sox (Covey) 1:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:46 PM Post
Yelich takes forever to step into throws on top of not having a very good arm.

Last edited by trwi7 on June 03, 2018, 2:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:46 PM Post
Trap. Series. Blah.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:47 PM Post
Every team has good stretches and bad stretches. Every team loses games/series to bad teams. If this is their undoing they were never a real contender to begin with.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:48 PM Post
Yelich is bugging me lately.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:51 PM Post
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Humiliating series loss. I can just hear Cubs and Cardinals fans doing their best Dana Stubblefield impression "Same old sorry Brewers." And I'm not so sure they're wrong. It's not like this team has a rich history of holding division leads. I figure the Cubs will overtake us for good when they come to Wrigley North in about 10 days.

And if the bullpen starts to falter like they are today and Friday it could get ugly. Albers and Jennings have been bad this weekend.

Last edited by TooLiveBrew on June 03, 2018, 7:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not use characters to circumvent the cuss filter

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 2:56 PM Post
What does history have anything to do with this team, this year? I never understand that thinking. Only fans give a crap about history. These players surely don’t. The best team will rise to the top by years end. Plain and simple.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:00 PM Post
The formula of scratching across a couple of runs and counting on the bullpen to be perfect for 4 innings isnt going to work all season.

The offense had a good little run in May, but the last 5 games have been a return to the old story of home run or nothing, and that isn’t going to cut it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:00 PM Post
Double post.

Last edited by BruisedCrew on June 03, 2018, 3:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
This team got off to what, it's best start in franchise history? Not quite the same old Brewers. 14 games over and best record in NL even after today. Quite the reactionary IGT today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Dan Jennings on the other hand has been pretty bad lately.

Logan coming back put Jennings into a “pitch full innings” role. He did once in a while early, but was also Loogyish early on. If he throws full innings against righties often he’s going to get knocked around once in a while. Logan needs to go and Jennings needs to be more of a Loogy type guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:02 PM Post
We win 6 series in a row and lose this one 2-1 and it's a humiliation? Give me a freakin' break. Good teams lose to bad teams every day in MLB. Let's stop with the hyperbole for a change.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:10 PM Post
Brew4U said:
What does history have anything to do with this team, this year? I never understand that thinking. Only fans give a crap about history. These players surely don’t. The best team will rise to the top by years end. Plain and simple.

I think last year’s history is relevant. After being one of the top scoring teams in the NL the first half of the season, the Brewers were dead last in runs per game after the All Star break. The addition of Cain and Yelich should help the offense, but they are definitely showing the signs of being very similar with all of the shutouts and other low scoring games. The bullpen has to be perfect to carry below average offense and starting pitching, and it’s hard to count on that for a whole season. All of the top relievers have shown in the last week that they are human.

It’s going to be really hard for the Brewers to keep pace with teams like the Cubs and Cardinals that have vastly superior starting pitchers and better offenses.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
This team got off to what, it's best start in franchise history? Not quite the same old Brewers. 14 games over and best record in NL even after today. Quite the reactionary IGT today.

The Brewers did have the best 50 game record in franchise history. Do you know the final record of the team that held the previous record?

Given the experiences of 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2017, it’s hard to blame Brewers fans for being somewhere between cautious and skeptical about good starts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:15 PM Post
What makes you think the Cardinals have a better offense than the Brewers? The Cardinals have issues in their bullpen and so do the Cubs. The Brewers have a better team ERA than the Cardinals as well. I don't think this is a case of the same old Brewers. Same old Brewers fans, maybe.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:17 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
82brewcrew82 said:

The Brewers did have the best 50 game record in franchise history. Do you know the final record of the team that held the previous record?

Given the experiences of 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2017, it’s hard to blame Brewers fans for being somewhere between cautious and skeptical about good starts.

Sure, but saying a 1-2 series loss to the White Sox the first weekend of June is as big a deal as has been noted in this thread is beyond hyperbole. Sure, they have warts, but so do those other teams we fret over.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 3:44 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
What makes you think the Cardinals have a better offense than the Brewers? The Cardinals have issues in their bullpen and so do the Cubs. The Brewers have a better team ERA than the Cardinals as well. I don't think this is a case of the same old Brewers. Same old Brewers fans, maybe.

I think the Cardinals have had more damaging injuries, especially with pitchers, than the Brewers have, and as they get guys like Reyes and Martinez into the regular rotation they will be tough. Like the Cubs, they will have several starters better than anyone the Brewers have, including some who are capable of going through a lineup more than twice.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 4:55 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Suter and Chacin have been the most consistent starters this year. Nothing amazing but consistent. Never would’ve guessed that to start the year.

Somewhere, Junior Guerra is crying.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 4:59 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
82brewcrew82 said:

I think the Cardinals have had more damaging injuries, especially with pitchers, than the Brewers have, and as they get guys like Reyes and Martinez into the regular rotation they will be tough. Like the Cubs, they will have several starters better than anyone the Brewers have, including some who are capable of going through a lineup more than twice.

Maybe, we still have the better offense, pen and probably defense as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2018, 7:26 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Humiliating series loss. I can just hear Cubs and Cardinals fans doing their best Dana Stubblefield impression "Same old sorry Brewers." And I'm not so sure they're wrong. It's not like this team has a rich history of holding division leads. I figure the Cubs will overtake us for good when they come to Wrigley North in about 10 days.

And if the bullpen starts to falter like they are today and Friday it could get ugly. Albers and Jennings have been bad this weekend.

Wow.

I think you need a Brewers timeout.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 85 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply