LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 201 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:34 PM Post
Posts: 2602
TwinsBrewersWorldSeries said:
Oh look... the Phils actually have a useable LOOGY. I wonder what that would feel like :D


What?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 987
Well that sucked. That said, today was a total clunker

Poor execution by the offense
Poor managerial decisions (especially in the 5th inning)
Poor defense (contributing in that 5th inning)

If only we could have limited the damage in the 5th.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:36 PM Post
Posts: 7
Hang this on counsells mismanaging bullpen. You play the offense like it's gonna be a shortened game, but not the pitching...lol

Idk why bad players seem to end up as managers so often.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10713
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Aguilar probably okay with that. Shocked they didn’t just walk Yelich and go after a guy who has struck out four times already. I suppose you don’t want a walk to tie it up on you.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 987
Brew4U said:
Aguilar probably okay with that. Shocked they didn’t just walk Yelich and go after a guy who has struck out four times already. I suppose you don’t want a walk to tie it up on you.


I love Jesus... but am good with giving Thames the start tomorrow [smile] Keep em hungry [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:40 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 1602
HugandKisses said:
Idk why bad players seem to end up as managers so often.


Because oftentimes players that are naturally talented get by on their athletic gifts & never really have to learn the nuances of the game.

Players that are less naturally talented are forced to learn the nuances of the game in order to have any chance at all.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 987
wildcat83 said:
TwinsBrewersWorldSeries said:
Oh look... the Phils actually have a useable LOOGY. I wonder what that would feel like :D


What?


My bad. Knowing CL's left/right splits, I figured they were bringing in a LOOGY. Feed cut out for me for 3-4 minutes right after the mound visit.

Looking at the boxscore, just realized Hunter is a RHP


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 987
wildcat83 said:
Brew4U said:
MrTPlush said:
There is no way we can not upgrade C or SS...it is just a terrifying black hole in our line up. Basically makes it where 1/3 of the game our offense hits like a pitcher.


Realmuto changes this lineup into something special.


Yea. Change at SS means you're giving up on Arcia which I doubt is the case, unless it's a rental which doesn't really match our time line.


I'd trade Arcia for Yuni B at this point


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10713
Location: Milwaukee, WI
TwinsBrewersWorldSeries said:
Brew4U said:
Aguilar probably okay with that. Shocked they didn’t just walk Yelich and go after a guy who has struck out four times already. I suppose you don’t want a walk to tie it up on you.


I love Jesus... but am good with giving Thames the start tomorrow [smile] Keep em hungry [smile]


Quintana on the bump tomorrow. Thames can enjoy the view til we knock him out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 2:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2177
2/3 on the road agaisnt a good team.

Time to show we can do it against the Cubs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
Posts: 7
sveumrules said:
HugandKisses said:
Idk why bad players seem to end up as managers so often.


Because oftentimes players that are naturally talented get by on their athletic gifts & never really have to learn the nuances of the game.

Players that are less naturally talented are forced to learn the nuances of the game in order to have any chance at all.



Good explanation


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:03 PM Post
Posts: 7
If you ever watched Counsels post game pressers, they are so cringe.
All the reporterespecially, Sophia Minaert? ask questions that remind me o fa participation trophy mindset.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:07 PM Post
Posts: 15441
Disappointing 3-5 road trip. Gotta put it all behind us immediately and take 2 out of 3 against the Cubs. Absolutely no way to expect to compete with them for the division if you continue to lose the vast majority of games against them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:47 PM Post
Posts: 969
Could have been a real bad road trip, so I will take 3-5. There is a lot to be said for your bad stretches being 3-5 instead of 1-7.

Take 2 of 3 against the Cubs, and it's all good. If they can beat Q tomorrow, I might even get greedy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:52 PM Post
Posts: 242
YelichPosse said:
Brew4U said:
9th Inning:
-Pina
-Sogard
-Santana?


Sure wish they had Choi now, or Thames. Or just about anyone else.



If they let Sogard hit... I’ll cry .. but I don’t think there’s any other option on D..?

Obviously, we don't have any All Stars at second or SS which we are weak at so a guy like Sogard can stick on our roster and get 9th inning AB's even though he only bats .111.
It's the hand that our manager has been dealt. That said, we are neck and neck with the Cubs and I like our chances to win the division but only if we make a move before the deadline. We will. I'm hoping we get depth at SS or second. We can't think about winning in the playoffs with someone like Sogard in our lineup.

We seemed to have strengthened our catching position with the latest addition, so I'm not as concerned. Bandy just wasn't the sorta player that can help out a playoff caliber team.

Other than maybe picking up an Ace or a infielder, I think we are in great shape!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:52 PM Post
Posts: 709
HugandKisses said:
If you ever watched Counsels post game pressers, they are so cringe.
All the reporterespecially, Sophia Minaert? ask questions that remind me o fa participation trophy mindset.


Pretty ironic to be calling Counsell's press conferences "so cringe" when your entire post is barely comprehensible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 4:16 PM Post
Posts: 7
burnzy24 said:
HugandKisses said:
If you ever watched Counsels post game pressers, they are so cringe.
All the reporterespecially, Sophia Minaert? ask questions that remind me o fa participation trophy mindset.


Pretty ironic to be calling Counsell's press conferences "so cringe" when your entire post is barely comprehensible.



Sorry I am Croatian, so English is not my first language, is that a problem? Are you prejudiced?

Lol, You should think before you take shots. It's OK, counsel is here to stay, no need to get offended because I took a shot at the reporters, lol.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 4:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10713
Location: Milwaukee, WI
HugandKisses said:
burnzy24 said:
HugandKisses said:
If you ever watched Counsels post game pressers, they are so cringe.
All the reporterespecially, Sophia Minaert? ask questions that remind me o fa participation trophy mindset.


Pretty ironic to be calling Counsell's press conferences "so cringe" when your entire post is barely comprehensible.



Sorry I am Croatian, so English is not my first language, is that a problem? Are you prejudiced?

Lol, You should think before you take shots. It's OK, counsel is here to stay, no need to get offended because I took a shot at the reporters, lol.


Whoa. So you can take shots at people but someone, who I’m guessing doesn’t know your ethnicity, calls you out and this is your response? Wow. Rough beginning to your time here on the forums.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]
Posted: June 10, 2018, 8:38 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Posts: 20349
Everyone play nice now, please [smile]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: June 10, 2018, 9:23 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1342
Brew4U said:
Did Santana not get a good jump? Thought he might be able to push it to possibly score.

On the radio they said the footing around second was crap and that he tripped or slipped rounding second, as did Shaw in the 8th. No idea if he would have tried had he not slipped though.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 201 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test