LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 496 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]

Online  Re: 2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:06 PM Post
Well, that was a gut punch. Good thing they play another one tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:07 PM Post
adambr2 said:
The dominance in this rivalry by the Cubs is what will be putting them in first tonight. Just pitiful performances time and time again everytime we see the opposing Cubs jerseys.

Is the Cubs roster just player-to-player better? If not, then the mental or whatever issue that the Brewers are having need to be figured out. It is more than frustrating to see the results in the season series so far. It might end up not only costing the division, but a playoff spot period.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:07 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Against this team, that hasn't been a good thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:10 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Against this team, that hasn't been a good thing.

Enough of the defeatest attitude. Yeah, it sucks they lost. Tomorrow is a new day. Sorry for trying to stay optimistic [rolling eyes]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:11 PM Post
Brutal, brutal, brutal loss.

Picked a bad night for a blow-up from the otherwise steady Albers. The proverbial black hole at SS haunts yet again as Arcia just looks miserable at the dish.

Spin zone: you don't have to beat the Cubs to win the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:12 PM Post
So, a BS scoring call cheats Ryan Braun of his 200th stolen base. Nice.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:12 PM Post
It doesn't take Einstein to see Albers was useless after the first run was in. But instead of stopping the bleeding and maybe having a shot at tying it up/winning we just decide it's better to throw the game away. Frustrating.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:13 PM Post
The 'stache said:

As a former catcher, I disagree.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:13 PM Post
ReverendBrewmeister said:
adambr2 said:
The dominance in this rivalry by the Cubs is what will be putting them in first tonight. Just pitiful performances time and time again everytime we see the opposing Cubs jerseys.

Is the Cubs roster just player-to-player better? If not, then the mental or whatever issue that the Brewers are having need to be figured out. It is more than frustrating to see the results in the season series so far. It might end up not only costing the division, but a playoff spot period.

In a word yes. That said the cubs would never carry three guys who you cannot play at this point like the brewers are. Cubs treat every game like it is a big deal. Brewers are acting like no big deal if we carry some guys who can't play.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:14 PM Post
Jean Segura is second in the American League with a .340 batting average. Oh, the humanity.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:15 PM Post
The 'stache said:

Not in the least. That was the most legit catcher's indifference call in history. Cubs might as well have not even known he was on base.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:22 PM Post
I don't see us seriously contending in the post season with Craig Counsell as our manager. I just don't. Too many times I question his baseball acumen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:25 PM Post
The 'stache said:
I don't see us seriously contending in the post season with Craig Counsell as our manager. I just don't. Too many times I question his baseball acumen.

Give him the best players. Because that’s usually what it takes.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:27 PM Post
Post game media was awful as usual. No tough question just hard fought game with these guys again Craig?? No hard questions on big decisions. I wish we could fly in the New York media when we play the Cubs.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think the question was asked earlier, but there may need to be a move tomorrow to add a bullpen arm? After pitching 5 innings tonight, that is a total of 13 innings out of the bullpen since Saturday. They could really use another fresh arm.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:53 PM Post
Eye Black said:
I think the question was asked earlier, but there may need to be a move tomorrow to add a bullpen arm? After pitching 5 innings tonight, that is a total of 13 innings out of the bullpen since Saturday. They could really use another fresh arm.

Guerra's was still pretty darn fresh...now instead we'll get Jorge Lopez pitching in a big spot tomorrow night because 1/2 the pen is unavailable/limited...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 11:10 PM Post
Jonathan Villar admitted he rushed when trying to tag Ben Zobrist at second base in the eighth inning. "Arcia was crying loud, ‘Tag, tag, tag!’ because I think (Zobrist) is close to the base," he said. "I tried taking the ball too quick but I missed the ball."

Ryan Braun on the Cubs: “They do all the little things well. They don’t make mistakes. We still have to get better at some of those things, I think, to consistently play as good of baseball as they do.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2018, 11:44 PM Post
The 'stache said:

So we make the postseason, you're saying? CC gets us there, right? Yet he is the reason we don't advance in the playoffs? Just trying to follow your logic...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2018, 12:21 AM Post
adambr2 said:
wallus said:
adambr2 said:
So tired of getting our stadium infested by Cub fans and pushed around by their team all season long. Get some runs and stop making Quintana look like the greatest pitcher of all time every time we face him!

"Go to the games then."- Rick

[laughing]

Funny thing, I was there, front row taking the heckling in the 11th. You? Probably flying the ol Cubs W flag... congrats on the win and net cash, by the way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2018, 12:47 AM Post
rickh150 said:
The 'stache said:

So we make the postseason, you're saying? CC gets us there, right? Yet he is the reason we don't advance in the playoffs? Just trying to follow your logic...

Not sure why my post is difficult to grasp. Should we make the post season this year, or at some point in the future, I don't think Craig Counsell is a manager that helps us to win a best-of playoff series, be it a single game, a best of five or best of seven.

Look at this year. There are 15 teams in each league. 1/3 of the teams in each league get to the post season. Three division winners, and two wild card spots. The Reds and Marlins are out of it, and, barring big time turnarounds, so are the Mets and Padres. Eleven teams left. The Pirates, the Rockies, the Giants and the Dodgers are a game above .500. The Phillies are three over. Realistically, that leaves six teams fighting for five spots, though things could certainly change. Arizona is one of the six, but we hold the first tiebreaker against them, owning a 5-1 head to head final record. So, as of right now, the Brewers are looking like a good candidate to finish as one of the top five teams in the National League.

Do I think the Brewers, with Counsell at the helm, will be successful against any of those other teams? No. I think he makes too many mistakes with how he manages his team. You're entitled to your opinion, but in a short series, where a manager's decisions are amplified, I don't like our chances with him. If a manager makes a terrible decision in a regular season game, it's just one game of 162. If he does it in a playoff series, it can mean disaster for the team's chances to advance.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 496 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply