LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-07-09: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Urena) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]

Online  Re: 2018-07-09: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Urena) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:47 PM Post
Meh

Next

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-07-09: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Urena) 6:10 PM CDT
It seems like day after day the umpires' strike zones favor our opponents.

This game was a struggle, and the Brewers made mistakes, but with non-crappy blue, we win.

Quote   Reply 
trwi7 said:
Ball hitting the bat and the hand being a foul ball seems like something Bill made up. Seems to me that if a ball hits you and you don't swing at it, you should be awarded 1st base.

If you don't swing the bat but the ball hits it, it's still a foul ball. I'm pretty sure Rock is correct about this.

Quote   Reply 
This is the type of game that will come back to haunt a team at the end of the year.

Quote   Reply 
82brewcrew82 said:
PinaMadness said:
wildcat83 said:
The funniest part of the whole Hader argument is I remember a post from the Braves series calling for Hader to be used because the Marlins games would be blowouts and we wouldn’t need him anyways. BASEBALL!!!!!!

I posted it and I never said they would be blowouts. I said it could very well happen. Don't misquote me like that.

This isn't the first time this year that Hader sat too long in the pen and gave up runs when he finally saw some action. It's ok to use him for one lousy inning. I just don't like the way CC uses him. Why must he always pitch multiple innings? Then he sits mulitiple days and then when he finally is available he doesn't get in for a couple more games anyway because the situation doesn't dictate it. If that's the way Hader is going to be used you might as well convert him into a starter. Otherwise I would rather see him as a one inning guy who only needs one day of rest, if that, and get more appearences out of him than pitching him 2-3 innings and being unavailable for 2-3 games.

Well, he is an all star.

Because he was getting regular work when he was putting up those all star numbers.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Like I said...we deserved to lose. 2nd and 3rd nobody out in the 10th and nothing -- unacceptable. That was the game.

Not blaming Counsell. Call a spade a spade -- Hader stunk. Knebel stunk. And like many times this year, the offense couldn't get the big hit when they needed it.

Quote   Reply 
Poor pitching performance from Hader and Knebel. Still was a winnable game; probably should’ve been won. Been more of those turned into Ws this year. But never fun to watch the ones that end up Ls.

Quote   Reply 
PinaMadness said:
wildcat83 said:
The funniest part of the whole Hader argument is I remember a post from the Braves series calling for Hader to be used because the Marlins games would be blowouts and we wouldn’t need him anyways. BASEBALL!!!!!!

I posted it and I never said they would be blowouts. I said it could very well happen. Don't misquote me like that.

This isn't the first time this year that Hader sat too long in the pen and gave up runs when he finally saw some action. It's ok to use him for one lousy inning. I just don't like the way CC uses him. Why must he always pitch multiple innings? Then he sits mulitiple days and then when he finally is available he doesn't get in for a couple more games anyway because the situation doesn't dictate it. If that's the way Hader is going to be used you might as well convert him into a starter. Otherwise I would rather see him as a one inning guy who only needs one day of rest, if that, and get more appearences out of him than pitching him 2-3 innings and being unavailable for 2-3 games.

Hard to misquote you when I never quoted you at all... jeesh quite the testy IGT tonight. Guess people had rough Monday

Quote   Reply 
AKCheesehead said:

I wonder if fans of other teams say the exact same thing?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:48 PM Post
SRB said:
I know people are going to be angry, but that wasn't really that bad of a game. They had how many H+BB, 15? 16?

Chase Anderson looking mediocre yet again was the only concerning part to me. And possibly something going on with Hader.

Anderson is concerning, he's been mediocre at best the whole year. It's not a good year to need a starting pitcher at the break. I wouldn't worry about Hader, he just needs consistent work- not a week off at a time.

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
A deserved loss. This has to get Stearns on the phone. This team needs a bat maybe two. Also Chase 42/3 Anderson is just not good enough. Seize the day Stearns get us some help.

Quote   Reply 
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:
Ball hitting the bat and the hand being a foul ball seems like something Bill made up. Seems to me that if a ball hits you and you don't swing at it, you should be awarded 1st base.

If you don't swing the bat but the ball hits it, it's still a foul ball. I'm pretty sure Rock is correct about this.

Hands are part of the bat, Rock is correct. If you don't swing, and ball hits your hands, it's a foul ball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:49 PM Post
Textbook case of winning the Marlin way. I bet attendance goes up to 17 tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
AKCheesehead said:

They definitely do.

Quote   Reply 
As long as we don't give up Hiura in the trade, Machado has to come to Milwaukee. This offense will be the early death of them in the playoffs, assuming they make the playoffs.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:50 PM Post
turborickey said:
AKCheesehead said:

But there is actual data that shows we get less calls than the majority of teams.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:
Like I said...we deserved to lose. 2nd and 3rd nobody out in the 10th and nothing -- unacceptable. That was the game.

Not blaming Counsell. Call a spade a spade -- Hader stunk. Knebel stunk. And like many times this year, the offense couldn't get the big hit when they needed it.

Didn't need a hit just a flyball. Miller hasn't impressed me much. After watching Arcia anyone putting a ball in play looks good.

Quote   Reply 
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:

Yes but that's only when the ball hits the bat. If you don't swing and the ball hits your hand and the bat I think being awarded 1st base should be the call. I have no idea if it's supposed to be but it seems like it should be.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:51 PM Post
turborickey said:
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:

Hands are part of the bat, Rock is correct. If you don't swing, and ball hits your hands, it's a foul ball.

Sorry, but that is wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2018, 8:51 PM Post
SRB said:
I know people are going to be angry, but that wasn't really that bad of a game. They had how many H+BB, 15? 16?

Chase Anderson looking mediocre yet again was the only concerning part to me. And possibly something going on with Hader.

Stranding the potential winning runs 2nd and 3rd mone out in the 10th and our best reliever looking like crap is enough for me to be pretty ticked.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 316 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply