LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next  [ 308 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Offline  Re: 2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:00 PM Post
phnxcrew said:

Even the Giants announcers were talking about how Aguilar isn't seeing strikes... how is that "oh come on " worthy? He's trying to hack at anything as a result. It happens without protection all the time.

Well he better figure it out if he wants to continue being a 3-4 hitter in this league. The good ones do. Blaming him waving at a hanging curveball to strike out on Shaw and Braun is flat out absurd whether it is from you or the Giants announcers. He’s had plenty to hit. He just hasn’t.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:00 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Composted some posts.

Enjoy the game without bickering please

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:01 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I expect a rousing ovation for Hader in San Francisco.

About the same welcome as Kenny Powers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:04 PM Post
Just look at where Arcia’s feet are after he flails away and you can see he will not be able to hit major league pitching except by accident.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:04 PM Post
Let's trade for this cat too

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:05 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Let's trade for this cat too

Why do we need a cat?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT
Global Moderator
Rosiak said the boos for Hader weren't that bad

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
I wanted Arcia back up after his recent AAA success but it's obvious nothing has changed. The guy is just a terrible hitter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:07 PM Post
homer said:
Rosiak said the boos for Hader weren't that bad

Yeah, I was kind of surprised, a couple of them but mostly not really much of a reaction. Braun gets worse treatment every time here.

Quote   Reply 
Arcia might be a player that can’t get out of his own way mentally. Either way I’ll wait awhile before jumping to conclusion. Sure is nice having him in the field again though.

Quote   Reply 
Sure would be nice if Thames gets hot for this road trip. Nice approach today

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:08 PM Post
If the Brewers are serious about fixing Arcia they should send him to Biloxi where pitches actually break....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:09 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Arcia might be a player that can’t get out of his own way mentally. Either way I’ll wait awhile before jumping to conclusion. Sure is nice having him in the field again though.

If Saladino (or anyone else capable of playing short) isn't going to hit anyway, then we might as well have the glove out there.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:10 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I wanted Arcia back up after his recent AAA success but it's obvious nothing has changed. The guy is just a terrible hitter.

I recall reading somewhere awhile back that an unnamed Brewer source indicated the FO was not happy with the shape Arcia showed up to Spring Training in. Judging by just how overmatched he looks at the plate I've got to wonder if it has to do with a lack of strength training. It looks like the bat is swinging him...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:11 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
Just look at where Arcia’s feet are after he flails away and you can see he will not be able to hit major league pitching except by accident.

It's certainly concerning. I can't think of a Brewer that I've ever seen do this as frequently as Arcia.

Really makes me think he doesn't see pitches well. I wonder if his vision needs a fix a la Corey Hart

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:12 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew4U said:

If Saladino (or anyone else capable of playing short) isn't going to hit anyway, then we might as well have the glove out there.

Getting a 2B who isn't an offense black hole would go a long way toward covering for Arcia's lack of offense this year. There aren't a lot of SS options on the market that are going to provide decent offense. 2B seems much more stacked.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:13 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
BruisedCrew said:

It's certainly concerning. I can't think of a Brewer that I've ever seen do this as frequently as Arcia.

Really makes me think he doesn't see pitches well. I wonder if his vision needs a fix a la Corey Hart

Arcia reminds me of Pence, just watching him bat. At least he's not as alien/ bug looking

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:14 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew4U said:

Getting a 2B who isn't an offense black hole would go a long way toward covering for Arcia's lack of offense this year. There aren't a lot of SS options on the market that are going to provide decent offense. 2B seems much more stacked.

And there in lies the issue. Catcher is just as big of an issue so yes, we solve 2B but you still have the bottom third of your line up in pretty bad shape. Plus, you still have to fix the rotation. How many resources do you (not you specifically) want to burn trying to fix this?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:16 PM Post
*Sigh*

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 10:16 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew4U said:

Yep. If Villar isn’t going to come through at 2B, or even stay healthy, then go get Dozier and live with what Arcia gives you. Finding a decent catcher could help too but just not sure who that could be.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next  [ 308 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply