LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  [ 308 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Offline  Re: 2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:38 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
wildcat83 said:
Bulldogboy said:
I'm guessing Soria is our closer tomorrow.

Why?

The unearned run? Knebel not even to 20 pitches yet. Barring more trouble, he will be available tomorrow.

As I said.

Knebel will be available tomorrow. Well later today actually LOL

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:39 PM Post
25 from JJ and 22 from Knebel. Fresh arms will be welcomed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:45 PM Post
Brewce said:
Good thing we got that homer from Shaw. Knebel can't pitch more than one inning!

Just not at all true other than the last two outings. Before that he gave up runs 1 out of 12 multiple inning appearances spanning last year and this. That one was a 2 inning outing right at the end of the year last year.

Last edited by wildcat83 on July 26, 2018, 11:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:46 PM Post
Yelich is killing it out there, so weird to see a game on west coast time

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:47 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
Roderick said:
[quote="wildcat83"

Why?

Because Knebel pitched more than one inning, and they were all high stress pitches. And Soria is a closer.

None of this inning was high stress till now. He had 4 runs to work with. He's already pitched 3 straight days this year, unless he goes 30+ pitches he will be the "closer" tomorrow.[/quote]

I guess I consider when a pitcher is pitching crappy, even if he has a lead, that those are high stress to him as he is trying to do more than what he is able to at the time. It wasn't free and easy, he was fighting himself even early in the ninth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 26, 2018, 11:50 PM Post
Roderick said:
wildcat83 said:
Roderick said:
[quote="wildcat83"

Why?

Because Knebel pitched more than one inning, and they were all high stress pitches. And Soria is a closer.

None of this inning was high stress till now. He had 4 runs to work with. He's already pitched 3 straight days this year, unless he goes 30+ pitches he will be the "closer" tomorrow.

I guess I consider when a pitcher is pitching crappy, even if he has a lead, that those are high stress to him as he is trying to do more than what he is able to at the time. It wasn't free and easy, he was fighting himself even early in the ninth.[/quote]

I guess, but stress is kind of being a closer. Just have a feeling if it's a save situation CC will trot him out there tomorrow

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]
Posted: July 27, 2018, 3:23 AM Post
You know, when you don't watch the game because you have to go to bed for work the next day, it can be really entertaining to read these IGTs from start to finish when you wake up in the morning.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 27, 2018, 4:09 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
This team doesn't go anywhere if Knebel doesn't figure it out. Gotta roll with him. Pen is good without him ... can be great with him pitching good.

They were great the month he was out, and that was before Soria was here.

Obviously it's better if he gets it going, but Corey Knebel isn't going to be the thing that prevents us from going somewhere. Unless they continue to try to force him into a conventional closer role, perhaps.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  [ 308 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply