LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-09-28: Other MLB Games

Offline  Re: 2018-09-28: Other MLB Games
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:02 PM Post

GIF Master
Oh, Jerko.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:03 PM Post
Wow the Cardinals defense is awful. If we didn't need them to win, this would be amazingly hilarious to watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:03 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Our inability to secure a sweep vs. the Cubs earlier this month may have ultimately decided the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:06 PM Post

GIF Master
owbc said:
Our inability to secure a sweep vs. the Cubs earlier this month may have ultimately decided the division.

Our inability to get one more win at any point in the season may have ultimately decided this division. That's how seasons and wins/losses work.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:06 PM Post
I really hope anyone who complains about BA/Rock is listening to this Cardinals broadcast...my god

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:07 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
I really hope anyone who complains about BA/Rock is listening to this Cardinals broadcast...my god

I don’t know what’s worse - their TV or their radio broadcasts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
owbc said:

No, it was the 5 game pirates sweep and fluky 4 game sweep at wrigley in late April that makes it tough...I say fluky because weather conditions played just as big of a role as cub pitching in shutting the offense down. Look for times when the team you root for gets swept as primary reasons for big gaps in the standings...those are two of the very few times the brewers were swept in 2018

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:12 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Cubs broadcasters are also bad. Super homers - at least Rock and BA acknowledge when we get a break with the strike zone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Yeah, it looks like a Cubs day. On the bright side, I never complain about a a STL meltdown. On the other bright side, we need to sweep the Tigers anyway. I am hoping both Colorado and the Dodgers lose tonight to force the potential wild card team to throw what they have at the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:18 PM Post
So since the Brewers clinched, the Cubs have added 3 wins to their record

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:18 PM Post
I will add this: The 2 games I was able to enjoy at Miller Park in July were what clinched the home field in the Wild Card Game for the Crew. We beat the Braves for a rare Sunday afternoon victory (just before our pre AS swoon) and we beat Kershaw on a Saturday night after the AS break. FTR, I just purchased WC game tickets for Tuesday night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:20 PM Post
bigredrobbo said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Cubs broadcasters are also bad. Super homers - at least Rock and BA acknowledge when we get a break with the strike zone.

I absolutely cannot stand Ron Coomer, Mike Shannon & John Rooney. They are the biggest homers in the world and show a total inability to put their rooting interests aside and being blatantly biased. Case in point...I am watching the game and listening to the Cubs radio broadcast. In the 7th inning where Gyorko's error allowed the Cubs runners to move up. Bryant was a step and a half away from the base when Gyorko threw the ball and Coomer was saying this call is very close and that he might get awarded home. DUDE WAS A STEP AND A HALF AWAY. That's not remotely close. I don't mind rooting but blatantly misleading is the definition of poor announcing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:23 PM Post
Coomer is absolutely insufferable but Pat Hughes is fantastic. Dan McLaughlin, on the other hand, not so much.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-09-28: Other MLB Games
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:24 PM Post
Cardinals are absolutely useless for anybody that needs them to be useful.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:28 PM Post
dlk9s said:
owbc said:

Our inability to get one more win at any point in the season may have ultimately decided this division. That's how seasons and wins/losses work.

The gane that sticks in my craw is the Cubs 8-run comeback against ATL is weird weather.

Quote   Reply 
Probably forgone conclusion, but the NL Central winner has clinched the top seed, prior to this game actually. Cubs can't lose 70 games, so in the event the Brewers pass them, they don't either.

Quote   Reply 
That wasn't very MVPish defense by Baez.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:30 PM Post
If it comes to one game, the one that's going to burn my soul is the July 15th farce in the rain against Pittsburgh.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 3:32 PM Post
Well, it is official. Crew needs a W tonight to still have a shot at winning outright.

Cubs have probably their two worst starters scheduled for tomorrow and Sunday, so at least there's that.

Playing LA and facing Hill (with Kershaw maybe coming out of the pen) is looking like the likeliest scenario right now. But things can change fast. Go get 'em tonight!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2018, 5:45 PM Post
Not sure anyone posted this but MLB.tv is free all weekend.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply