LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 131 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-09-29: Other MLB Games

Offline  Re: 2018-09-29: Other MLB Games
Posted: September 29, 2018, 4:29 PM Post
Doesn't Duane Kiper's voice make you feel like it's 1999 and you're playing Triple Play Baseball again?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 4:33 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Doesn't Duane Kiper's voice make you feel like it's 1999 and you're playing Triple Play Baseball again?

Turns out it was MVP baseball. And he's from Racine. Didn't know that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 4:54 PM Post
Dang was really hoping the Cardinals would really have motivation tomorrow...hope their manager treats it like he actually wants to win.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 4:58 PM Post
For those who think teams eliminated fom contention just don't try hard anymore, may I take you back seven years ago and the Baltimore Orioles?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... ago-today/

Go Dodgers!!!

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 5:09 PM Post
Let's not forget...the Cubs got absolutely boat raced a couple of weeks ago by a Diamondbacks Triple A team essentially..so even if the Cardinals bench guys...you never know what will happen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 5:11 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Dang was really hoping the Cardinals would really have motivation tomorrow...hope their manager treats it like he actually wants to win.

I mean it's not like the Tigers are playing for anything either. Still got to win games against pro teams. I would think that possibly keeping their most hated rival from a division title, plus going out on a high note, still means something to them.

Would a Dodger loss be nice, of course. But it's small potatoes next to the Cub loss and still leaves open a possible Rockies/Cubs division tie which would benefit us if we end up playing a Wild Card game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 5:17 PM Post
I’m not saying the Cubs will win on forfeit. But there is no denying the Cardinals would probably be a lot more competitive if they had something to play for. Big key...Cubs still have to execute. Their pitching will be the key.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 5:20 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I’m not saying the Cubs will win on forfeit. But there is no denying the Cardinals would probably be a lot more competitive if they had something to play for. Big key...Cubs still have to execute. Their pitching will be the key.

For what it's worth, Cardinals will have no pressure on them. No reason to press, no reason to be tight. For the Cubs, the opposite.

No idea what that's worth, but I'm sure it's different for every player. Definitely plausible that some Cardinals have been pressing the past few days.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 7:47 PM Post
It's not the same as a typical spoiler situation though. The Cardinals have been pulling out all the stops to stay in the playoff chase. Some of their best relievers could probably use some rest. They won't force the issue with anyone. There's a natural letdown after being eliminated. I think I would rather be playing them than the Tigers tomorrow. If the Cardinals had been eliminated a week ago, I obviously wouldn't be saying that.

Still something to be said the Dodgers and Rockies possibly playing on Monday. Even if the Cards can't give the Cubs a run for their money, at least both division winners could be equally disadvantaged by playing Monday.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 8:42 PM Post
adambr2 said:
MrTPlush said:

For what it's worth, Cardinals will have no pressure on them. No reason to press, no reason to be tight. For the Cubs, the opposite.

No idea what that's worth, but I'm sure it's different for every player. Definitely plausible that some Cardinals have been pressing the past few days.

Jedd will get 4 hits

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 10:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Scherzer not pitching against the Rockies tomorrow per this Tweet...

Change of plans from the Nationals: Because both Dodgers and Rockies are in the playoffs, Max Scherzer will NOT pitch tomorrow, Davey said. Fedde will go.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 131 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply