LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  [ 460 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]

Offline  Re: 2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:02 PM Post
Counsell announced that Gio is throwing for the Brewers tomorrow. Hopefully he can stymie those ultra-aggressive hitters the Tigers are sending up there.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:03 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
young guns said:
coolhandluke121 said:
The problem is I think they'll rest some guys. They've been fighting for their lives for a while now. If they had been eliminated 3+ days, I would agree about the pressure thing.

If there's one player that will want to treat tomorrow like it's game 7 it's yadi. If there's one player on that clubhouse you don't want to piss off, it's yadi. At least that's the straw I'm grasping at.

If the Packers were eliminated from playoff contention in week 17 & played the Bears, who were playing for qualifying/seeding, would the Packers run out a crap lineup?

I think the Cards will be plenty motivated for tomorrow.

They probably wouldn't start Rodgers or other stars....but that's a totally different scenario. Football is far more violent and you could lose a star for the following season far more likely in one play than you could in baseball.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Yelich, allegedly human, with two more HRs -- Triple Crown within reach]
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:09 PM Post
Gio….oh boy...………………..what should we expect?

This worries me.

Hopefully, he has a very short leash, and Woodruff and/or Peralta are next in line if something goes wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:12 PM Post
turborickey said:

This worries me.

Hopefully, he has a very short leash, and Woodruff and/or Peralta are next in line if something goes wrong.

Counsell has done it all month. Don’t see him changing that tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:13 PM Post
turborickey said:

This worries me.

What has Gio done in the postseason? This is that type of game. And the guy has a great track record before this year. Maybe just the type of start he needs to thrive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
turborickey said:

This worries me.

I'd be more worried against a better offense. This may actually work.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:14 PM Post
Someone earlier in the game thread asked why Adrian Houser wasn't up. I wonder the same thing. In fact, part of me wonders in he and Wilkerson (the only two guys with MLB experience who are on the 40-man but aren't up) have been doing anything to stay in shape. There's a good change we'll have to go to the pen early tomorrow, and likely Monday if there is an extra game to decide the division. If the Brewers have to play the Wild Card game on Tuesday, that pen could be pretty depleted.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-09-29: Tigers (Norris) at Brewers (Miley) 6:10 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:15 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
young guns said:
coolhandluke121 said:
The problem is I think they'll rest some guys. They've been fighting for their lives for a while now. If they had been eliminated 3+ days, I would agree about the pressure thing.

If there's one player that will want to treat tomorrow like it's game 7 it's yadi. If there's one player on that clubhouse you don't want to piss off, it's yadi. At least that's the straw I'm grasping at.

If the Packers were eliminated from playoff contention in week 17 & played the Bears, who were playing for qualifying/seeding, would the Packers run out a crap lineup?

I think the Cards will be plenty motivated for tomorrow.

There is a difference between tanking the game on purpose and just not quite being fully motivated. The last game of the season when you thought you had made the playoffs and then crapped the bed the final week easily could lead to a big letdown where players just aren't giving the 100% they wish they could give. I also feel like the Cardinals are sort of a lacksadasical team so they are more susceptible to this than most. (and no that certainly is not the Cardinal way but it seems to be true).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:17 PM Post
Hopefully they stick with Flaherty, and he wants to end on a good note...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:21 PM Post
turborickey said:

This worries me.

Lefty acquired during the season starting the last game of the year when the Brewers are tied for a playoff spot..

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:25 PM Post
LOL, Scrub fans.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Labib/status ... 3321348096

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:40 PM Post
PinaMadness said:

I'm surprised he doesn't have a pink cubs shirt on in his picture. Is this some one people actually like and follow?

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:52 PM Post
phnxcrew said:
PinaMadness said:

I'm surprised he doesn't have a pink cubs shirt on in his picture. Is this some one people actually like and follow?

I love the one reply: Sammy Sosa

Lol. End thread. Haha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:54 PM Post
the roid crew...

LOL

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 9:56 PM Post
turborickey said:
the roid crew...

LOL

lol.

Baéz hits a lot of homers for a windmil

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 10:09 PM Post
Anyone have a link to Ueck calls of the Yelich HR?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 10:24 PM Post
hope Gio has a great game tomorrow

Last edited by brewmann04 on September 30, 2018, 12:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2018, 10:31 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Three outs from the craziest Game 162 Sunday in like...ever. Maybe 2008 can compete with it, but wow it could be one heck of a day to be a Brewers fan.

1982 says, "Hello!!"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 12:15 AM Post
Well, I was born in 1990, 2008 came down to the last game but was just for a WC, 2011 did too but only for homefield advantage in the DS (which did turn out to be important). With that said, there is no doubt in my mind that game #162 is the biggest Brewer regular season game in my lifetime. I can't wait to be there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 1:52 AM Post
wildcat83 said:
Anyone have a link to Ueck calls of the Yelich HR?

Sadly neither of them were in Ueck's innings.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  [ 460 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply