LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 402 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-0 -- 7th Straight Win; Aguilar and Shaw hit HRs; Game 163 Tomorrow]

Offline  Re: 2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Regular Season Finale]
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:33 PM Post
Time to hope for the most Cubstastic late game collapse at Wrigley. Just starting the 8th inning.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Regular Season Finale]
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:33 PM Post
markedman5 said:
I wonder who starts tomorrow

Chacin could go but you would like to use him in the wild card game if needed.

If you pitch Chacin tomorrow then do you go with Davies on short rest on Tuesday?

Interesting decisions

I think it is pretty simple:

Start Guerra, if you have a lead, empty the pen. If we aren’t leading just don’t use your good relievers...then it’s mostly a bullpen day Tuesday.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:35 PM Post
mtrebs said:
It’s on ESPN, so there is a cable option.

but what if my friend doesn't have cable at work?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:35 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
markedman5 said:

If you pitch Chacin tomorrow then do you go with Davies on short rest on Tuesday?

Interesting decisions

Start Guerra, if you have a lead, empty the pen. If we aren’t leading just don’t use your good relievers...then it’s mostly a bullpen day Tuesday.

Guerra just pitched today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:37 PM Post
Atlanta lost, so I think they are firmly in the 3 seed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:37 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
MrTPlush said:
markedman5 said:

Interesting decisions

Guerra just pitched today.

Chacin...I’m sure you could have put two and two together.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:

Chacin...I’m sure you could have put two and two together.

There's no need for this.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
At this point, I just want to burn through a few more Cubs arms.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:44 PM Post
But if you start Chacin then he can't pitch Tuesday.....emptying the pen or not.

If you empty the pen then that mean you can't empty the pen Tuesday.

I don't think anything is simple about the pitching decisions coming up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:47 PM Post
I would go with Anderson and then Peralta / Woodruff making it a pen day.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:48 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
YelichPosse said:
The fact we got to glide today while the Cubs are struggling to the finish line today .... will help us out tomorrow arms wise

Are they really struggling though?

Considering they are blowing through all their arms ... and the Cards are a couple swings from making it interesting - yes lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:51 PM Post
YelichPosse said:
MrTPlush said:
YelichPosse said:
The fact we got to glide today while the Cubs are struggling to the finish line today .... will help us out tomorrow arms wise

Are they really struggling though?

Considering they are blowing through all their arms ... and the Cards are a couple swings from making it interesting - yes lol

They are using all their trash pitchers they wouldn’t use tomorrow anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:52 PM Post
Anderson has a 1.13 ERA against the Cubs in 24 IP this season, I'd start him and keep Peralta on the ready.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Regular Season Finale]
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:52 PM Post
MDCrew said:

Depends on which way the wind is blowing when it comes to Anderson. Both Chacin and Anderson have pitched well at Wrigley this year. If the wind is blowing in, I think I go with Chase tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:53 PM Post

GIF Master
If the wind is blowing in, go with Chase tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-09-30: Tigers (Turnbull) at Brewers (Gonzalez) 2:10 PM CDT [Regular Season Finale]
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:54 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

They are using all their trash pitchers they wouldn’t use tomorrow anyway.

The poster had it right, the Cubs are using some key guys today. Are you just trying to pick fights with people for some odd reason?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:56 PM Post
markedman5 said:
But if you start Chacin then he can't pitch Tuesday.....emptying the pen or not.

What do we need Tuesday for, winning tomorrow gives us the day off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 4:58 PM Post
Do we know what time the game would be? I see 4:09 EST for the LA-COL game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 5:00 PM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
MDCrew said:

Depends on which way the wind is blowing when it comes to Anderson. Both Chacin and Anderson have pitched well at Wrigley this year. If the wind is blowing in, I think I go with Chase tomorrow.

Current Weather Channel is calling for wind from the ESE around 7 mph tomorrow afternoon, but then shifting to more SE and S in the early evening.

I believe that would be a wind mostly blowing right to left at Wrigley during game time, but that might depend on how fast the weather system is moving through. If the pace is accelerated, then it might be more a wind blowing out to left. If it stalls, then it might even be a definitive crosswind, if not slightly in from right.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 30, 2018, 5:00 PM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
markedman5 said:

What do we need Tuesday for, winning tomorrow gives us the day off.

Of course. But CC could make the right decision for tomorrow's starter and still find the team playing on Tuesday. That's why I'd use Chase tomorrow if the wind is blowing in. I'd hate to have to pick between Chase or Davies vs a very potent Rockies/Dodgers lineup at the launching pad otherwise known as Miller Park.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 402 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply