LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next  [ 1006 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-04 (NLDS): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:02 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Oxy said:
turborickey said:
My only bullpen concern tomorrow is how Jeffress will react under pressure if it comes to that again...

I'm not concerned about the pressure, but I am concerned about the 94 MPH "heat." 5 MPH off of what he is capable of...

Has he hit 99 this year? I thought he kind of sat comfortably at 96ish?

Wasn’t he hitting 97 or so VS Det? Could be mistaken. This is a mystery however I will say that. And I’m not one to jump to off the wall occurrences....

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-04 (NLDS): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:02 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Oxy said:
turborickey said:
My only bullpen concern tomorrow is how Jeffress will react under pressure if it comes to that again...

I'm not concerned about the pressure, but I am concerned about the 94 MPH "heat." 5 MPH off of what he is capable of...

Has he hit 99 this year? I thought he kind of sat comfortably at 96ish?

Pretty sure he's touched 99, but he is never regularly below 97 is he?

Fangraphs has him at sitting at 96. So my concern is hyperbole but not completely invalid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
Jeffress usually sits 96or 97. He hit 95 a few times that inning. As far as the mental side of it, he came back and still got out of a bases loaded jam allowing only one run. I suspect he will be good to go when called on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
First fastball under 94 for Brewers was in 10th by Soria.... most ranged from 96-99..... not too shabby

Bring power arm bullpen today, crafty day tomorrow. Need 4 or 5 solid from Chacin tomorrow. Even with days off. We can easily burn up our greatest asset as we move forward if we don’t get innings from true starters. Saving Gonzalez & Miley today was big.

Woodruff has been rolling. He has started all season mostly. Have to think he is decently stretched out to at least give you 85 pitches & be another starter.

Great strategy short term but you make WS verse Indians Sox, Yankees...... having overused arms in pen & only 3 options to give you starter innings is troubling. Woodruff rolls again today, ride it out until he gets in some trouble 3rd time through if he does. 6 innings over 3 is huge difference

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
trwi7 said:
turborickey said:

No Hader tomorrow either.

Did they actually say that or is that conjecture?

It's a logical assumption. How often do they use Hader on back to back days? I'm guessing they won't unless they absolutely have to.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:09 PM Post
My initial reaction to Moose's hit was that DeMathieu snagged it and we're going to the eleventh. I wasn't able to pick up the ball even with the HD. So that took the initial joy out of it. But watching the team celebrating got me into it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:10 PM Post

GIF Master
A-Rod is pretty good as an in-game analyst, but I agree, he doesn't educate himself well on the teams. He's good at discussing the actual play, has solid insights.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:13 PM Post
trwi7 said:

It's a logical assumption. How often do they use Hader on back to back days? I'm guessing they won't unless they absolutely have to.

Yeah, I think he's the "in case of emergency" reliever tomorrow. But I have a tough time seeing him pitch at all. About the only way I think it happens is if the Brewers get out to a big early lead, and the Rockies start chipping away and make it close.

It sure was fun watching him face Carlos Gonzalez, though. Gonzo looked like he wanted to be anyplace but in that batter's box. What a weapon! And the fun thing is, there are several others in that pen that are pitching comparably effective.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Woodruff and Burnes both in the starting rotation next year? Really excited about the future of these two guys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:17 PM Post
It was a well managed game by Counsell, the creative bullpen game went into the 8th with a one-hit shutout. It's just unfortunate the offense wasted opportunities to score the 3rd run and JJ blew the save. But very glad we still won the game which is all that matters.

Last edited by tigerbrew on October 04, 2018, 8:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:19 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
Woodruff and Burnes both in the starting rotation next year? Really excited about the future of these two guys.

The way Woodruff has pitched since his call-up, I think he's close to a lock for the rotation. Burnes already is. I think Peralta is probably at least in the mix for a rotation spot as well. Add in Nelson (I know, question mark), and not only do they have a deep rotation, they likely have solid trade bait as well. Could we see Anderson and Davies dangled in potential deals?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:38 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
wibadgers23 said:

The way Woodruff has pitched since his call-up, I think he's close to a lock for the rotation. Burnes already is. I think Peralta is probably at least in the mix for a rotation spot as well. Add in Nelson (I know, question mark), and not only do they have a deep rotation, they likely have solid trade bait as well. Could we see Anderson and Davies dangled in potential deals?

Peralta could use a little more work - he can be depth in AAA next year along with Zack Brown.

I've been saying Anderson and Davies as highly likely trade candidates for a while. Burnes and Woodruff were Top 100 prospects for a reason.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:42 PM Post
What a game. What an experience! Let’s get another tomorrow!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:47 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
wibadgers23 said:

Peralta at worse is #6 spot starter & long guy. He has gone 120 to 140 IP this year so don’t think they’d have to worry about his innings too much. With his upside, flashes, & age I think with strong spring he makes Top 5.

Nelson, Chacin, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta is a rotation I’d love to watch! Nelson not pitching this season was disappointing but an extra 5-6 months to get right before March. Have to believe he is 100% by start of season. Maybe not Ace form right away but you hope. He’s not healthy, you hold onto Anderson or Davies a little longer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:53 PM Post
Hader only threw 20 pitches. He's good to go tomorrow.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:54 PM Post
Crazy, I’ve been following minors close since around 2002 & with way things had been for most of that time who thought we’d be looking at a rotation & bullpen that is largely homegrown through draft & minor league trades?!

Nelson, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Jeffress, Hader, Knebel, Williams, Barnes........ Houser, Z. Brown aren’t far. Pretty amazing considering that outside of Sheets & Gallardo... Parra & Wily P. were best homegrown arms since 1998

Last edited by YoungGeezy1 on October 04, 2018, 9:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 8:54 PM Post
I feel like Peralta, like Hader before him, is good enough already that you don't mind completing his development at the major league level. Burnes and Woodruff are more polished but I think all 3 will be in the rotation to start next season unless one or more is traded.

Walk off wins on October are awesome!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 9:08 PM Post
I just have to say that using Santana early to PH was not a big issue here. Broxton is capable of pinch running, pinch hitting or being a defensive replacement. For his career he is very comparable to Santana vs lefties. The only situation you easily want Santana over Broxton is if you are forced to go RHB vs RHP and we still had Granderson to come in vs a RHP.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-04 (NLDS): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 04, 2018, 9:16 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
WinkelsasVsSoriano said:
If anyone has or finds audio of Uecker on Yelich's home run and/or (especially) the walk-off call, can you please post it?

Ueck wasn't on the call for the walk off

Nor yelich's homer I believe.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2018, 9:29 PM Post
Ueck is a treasure, but listening to him call the game was frustrating without visual aids. You don’t find out what happens until 2 minutes later.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next  [ 1006 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply