LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next  [ 677 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Offline  2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Posted: October 07, 2018, 1:14 AM Post
Global Moderator

Brewers Lineup       	        Rockies Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF 1. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF
2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
3. Ryan Braun (R) LF 3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
4. Travis Shaw (L) 2B 4. Trevor Story (R) SS
5. Jesús Aguilar (R) 1B 5. Matt Holliday (R) LF
6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. Carlos González (L) RF
7. Erik Kratz (R) C 7. Ian Desmond (R) 1B
8. Orlando Arcia (R) SS 8. Tony Wolters (L) C
9. Wade Miley (L) P 9. Germán Márquez (R) P

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on MLB Network

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Marquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network]

Posted: October 07, 2018, 2:01 AM Post
Up 2-0, this is kind of one I expect to lose. Colorado is desperate, Marquez is a pretty tough matchup, and Miley probably not a great matchup for them. If you get behind a few runs, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to just piggyback Guerra on top of Miley and live to fight another day.

With that said, the offense should be due for a breakout game, and this would be a great time for it. We have the superior pen coming off a rest day, so if you have a tie or lead late, don't be afraid to go for the throat.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Marquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network]

Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:06 AM Post
Today’s forecast is for mild and wet weather and tomorrow is for cold and rainy (even some snowflakes) weather. This could potentially impact Colorado’s advantage in starting pitching if there are lengthy delays. It will be interesting to see the umpires’ tolerance for playing through wet conditions. Obviously the Brewers have negative experiences in this area.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:42 AM Post
I'm glad the game is on MLB Network. It'll be nice to see where the ball is hit again.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:43 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
I'm glad the game is on MLB Network. It'll be nice to see where the ball is hit again.

As long as it is hit right into the gloves of the good guys. This series has been a thing of beauty as far as executing the game plan against their lineup. Keep it up today, put some early pressure on Marquez and their defense, and bring out the brooms!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:44 AM Post
PinaMadness said:

That was really weird, I was watching FS1 on my Roku so assumed it was just because of watching through the internet but seems like everyone else had the same issue. It's not like FSN doesn't televise every game so I don't know how they weren't prepared for the lighting at the park and they couldn't adjust in 2 games?

Miley has surprised us all year hopefully has one more in him. Will Peralta be used today or are they saving him for a potential game 4?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:46 AM Post

GIF Master
Now I just need to finish some work before the marathon day of Packers/Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 8:36 AM Post
Go Brewers! gotta win this game

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 8:40 AM Post
Global Moderator
Obligatory reminder that Kratz has caught each of Miley's last 12 starts & thus will in all likelihood get the start today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 8:56 AM Post
NYChez said:
Today’s forecast is for mild and wet weather and tomorrow is for cold and rainy (even some snowflakes) weather. This could potentially impact Colorado’s advantage in starting pitching if there are lengthy delays. It will be interesting to see the umpires’ tolerance for playing through wet conditions. Obviously the Brewers have negative experiences in this area.

When I checked the Denver forecast I saw rain starting about 3:00. I assume that's local time, so about an hour after the game starts. Looking at the radar, it doesn't look like a washout storm coming through but definitely an hour or more of rain. I would think/hope they push back the start of the game instead of starting and trying to play through with an inevitable delay. The weather looks worse for tomorrow and it's not like these teams have to travel for tomorrow either, so delaying the start makes the most sense for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 9:26 AM Post
sveumrules said:
Obligatory reminder that Kratz has caught each of Miley's last 12 starts & thus will in all likelihood get the start today.

I love that you do this. I wish it helped more though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 9:29 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
NYChez said:

When I checked the Denver forecast I saw rain starting about 3:00. I assume that's local time, so about an hour after the game starts. Looking at the radar, it doesn't look like a washout storm coming through but definitely an hour or more of rain. I would think/hope they push back the start of the game instead of starting and trying to play through with an inevitable delay. The weather looks worse for tomorrow and it's not like these teams have to travel for tomorrow either, so delaying the start makes the most sense for me.

It's much to our benefit if they start and Marquez gets knocked out after 1.0 IP and a delay [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 9:30 AM Post
Part of me was really hoping for a Peralta start today. Anyways let’s keep the streak going, go cre, and sveumrules where did you get that picture and does Dale know you have it?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 9:48 AM Post
I keep promising myself I will not panic if they lose today but then I start thinking Freeland starts tomorrow and anything can happen in a Game 5. I would really like to finish them off today.

Brewers will not win with 2-1 type score today; would love to put up a crooked number early.

Cain and Aguilar really need to get it together; they struggled the last couple of days.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:05 AM Post
The key is going to be to claw out a lead early. If we're leading after 4.0 IP, I would bring in Keon for Braun and combine that with our high-K/9 bullpen to neutralize Coors.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
AKCheesehead said:
sveumrules where did you get that picture and does Dale know you have it?

Haha. I found it long ago, on a dark corner of the internet.

I'm not at liberty to say any more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:41 AM Post
That was my issue with putting Keon on this roster. Too many want to actually play him. To me, it’s flat out ridiculous it just about any situation other the PR or protecting a big league in like the last inning of the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:43 AM Post
No surprises with the lineup

https://twitter.com/brewers/status/1048 ... 22464?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:46 AM Post
Brew4U said:
That was my issue with putting Keon on this roster. Too many want to actually play him. To me, it’s flat out ridiculous it just about any situation other the PR or protecting a big league in like the last inning of the game.

Agreed.....and CC has agreed so far in this series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2018, 10:56 AM Post
Today is a must win...for the Rockies. So let's stop them from achieving that win!

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next  [ 677 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply