LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 677 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network]
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:23 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Kratz turning to the umpire and thanking him before celebrating... this guy deserves a bronze statue outside Miller Park.
If the Brewers get to the WS, Kratz is going to be revered like Ned Yost has been from the '82 season (pre-coaching years, that is)

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network]
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:26 PM Post
The 'stache said:
Ryan Braun batted .385 in the series. The guy comes up big when it matters most. His power has been a big part of why we got here, and his getting on, moving base runners, is a big part of why we won here.

I am a fan of Braun and really happy he is getting another shot. You can see how bad he wants to win, he knows this could be his last or best shot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:28 PM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
The 'stache said:
Ryan Braun batted .385 in the series. The guy comes up big when it matters most. His power has been a big part of why we got here, and his getting on, moving base runners, is a big part of why we won here.

I am a fan of Braun and really happy he is getting another shot. You can see how bad he wants to win, he knows this could be his last or best shot.

Yes, we all realize how few and far between these opportunities are!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:31 PM Post
Global Moderator
I still can't believe it. Someone pinch me! This year has been an absolutely wild ride.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:32 PM Post
EauClaireNWL said:
Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Don't the advertisers buy the "spots" well before the teams are determined. I don't see how the broadcasters or networks really care about the market of the teams involved.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:33 PM Post
Seeing all these interviews makes it all worthwhile. This is a very tight knit group. Hard not to like them.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:33 PM Post
What a time to be alive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:40 PM Post
And still, "the balk was a pivotal moment."

Please, The Rockies got shut out 10-0 the last two games, and had Jeffress not melted down in the ninth of game one, they might have been shut out in the series.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network] [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:42 PM Post
So happy that we finished Colorado without having to face Freeland for them. I was worried that he would pitch a gem tomorrow and it would go to 5.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on MLB Network] [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:42 PM Post

GIF Master
Aguilar sounds like when Tracy Morgan does a Dominican accent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:49 PM Post
The 'stache said:
And still, "the balk was a pivotal moment."

Please, The Rockies got shut out 10-0 the last two games, and had Jeffress not melted down in the ninth of game one, they might have been shut out in the series.

But if the Rockies hadn't been trailing by so much they wouldn't have brought in their scrub reliever Wade Davis to serve up a couple taters... wait...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 6:53 PM Post
I wonder why they have the logo blacked out on the flags they hung up in the visitor clubhouse?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:28 PM Post
lcbj68c said:
EauClaireNWL said:
Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Don't the advertisers buy the "spots" well before the teams are determined. I don't see how the broadcasters or networks really care about the market of the teams involved.

No, they may commit, but final price will be driven by expected viewership potential.
Larger the ratiing and share potential the more they will pay. Advertisers and nets know that and price accordigly

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:30 PM Post
Late to the party but wow what an amazing series boys n girls !!!

11 game winning streak. Home field vs whoever decides to come play us....

The only drawback is we have to sit for 4 full days ... as hot as we are is that good (for the pen arms) or bad cause sometimes when you’re hot you hate a day off. I’ll take good cause of how our outs are gotten!

Great job by CC today going for the throat.

And man I love all you guys!! I may get to actually go to Friday’s game as I’m up
In Wisconsin on vacation - super excited for that possibility !!!!!

Let’s GOOOOOOoOOO!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:36 PM Post
LaprilOne said:
lcbj68c said:
EauClaireNWL said:

No, they may commit, but final price will be driven by expected viewership potential.
Larger the ratiing and share potential the more they will pay. Advertisers and nets know that and price accordigly

And the other part is if you don’t deliver all of the rating points you promise, you often have to run “make-good” spots for free to deliver them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:43 PM Post
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:49 PM Post
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:51 PM Post
We have 3 corks. 2 corks to go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 8:02 PM Post
Time to spank the Dodgers. I haven't officially hated them until now. Here's to their fans staying two innings instead of three

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 8:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
phnxcrew said:
Time to spank the Dodgers. I haven't officially hated them until now. Here's to their fans staying two innings instead of three
The Dodgers are actually my second favorite baseball team, but they are way far down as a number two for me. I hope the Crew crushes them.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 677 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply