LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 66 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Other League Division Series Games: LA/ATL, BOS/NYY, HOU/CLE

Online  Other League Division Series Games: LA/ATL, BOS/NYY, HOU/CLE

Posted: October 08, 2018, 6:03 AM Post
Global Moderator
No Brewers baseball for a few days, but we can use this thread to discuss other Division Series games.

Schedule for Monday, October 8th:

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Other League Division Series Games: LA/ATL, BOS/NYY, HOU/CLE

Posted: October 08, 2018, 6:20 AM Post
I was kind of hoping for a Brewers/Braves NLCS so we'd get a week long celebration of Hank Aaron.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 7:03 AM Post
I am guessing the Brewers are going to have a lot of fans from other fanbases. People hate the Dodgers as it is and people usually don’t like to see teams make consecutive appearances in big games. No one wants to see a rematch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 7:26 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
I am guessing the Brewers are going to have a lot of fans from other fanbases. People hate the Dodgers as it is and people usually don’t like to see teams make consecutive appearances in big games. No one wants to see a rematch.

Same. I think if it's Braves/Brewers things will be more evenly split, but if it's LAD/Brewers, it will be LAD/Cubs fans on one side and everyone else lined up behind MKE.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 7:31 AM Post
Another reason to root for the Braves to at least push this series back to LA is that it will force the Dodgers to pitch Kershaw in Game 5 on Wednesday, making him unavailable until Game 3 in LA. LAD closing out tonight resets their starting rotation with Kershaw likely starting Game 1.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 7:33 AM Post
I'd prefer the Brewers get the Braves in the NLCS, but I'll be super happy if Braves/Dodgers goes to a game 5 where Jansen needs to throw a couple innings after Kershaw.

On the American league side, it would be nice if the Astros get eliminated at some point. If the Brewers advance to the World Series I don't want to face the Astros. I think they're pretty clearly the best team in the AL right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 8:51 AM Post
long ball said:
I'd prefer the Brewers get the Braves in the NLCS, but I'll be super happy if Braves/Dodgers goes to a game 5 where Jansen needs to throw a couple innings after Kershaw.

On the American league side, it would be nice if the Astros get eliminated at some point. If the Brewers advance to the World Series I don't want to face the Astros. I think they're pretty clearly the best team in the AL right now.

I agree on both accounts. The braves winning tonight is really big for the Brewers. In the world series I actually wouldn't mind playing the red Sox because their bullpen is really suspect. But that is a long ways away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 8:54 AM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
Another reason to root for the Braves to at least push this series back to LA is that it will force the Dodgers to pitch Kershaw in Game 5 on Wednesday, making him unavailable until Game 3 in LA. LAD closing out tonight resets their starting rotation with Kershaw likely starting Game 1.

100% correct.

As Brewers fans we want the Braves-Dodgers series to go to 5 games, preferably going into extra innings in both games 4 & 5. Let them use up and exhaust their pitching staffs

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Other League Division Series Games: LA/ATL, BOS/NYY, HOU/CLE

Posted: October 08, 2018, 9:44 AM Post
MrTPlush said:

A lot of people hate Braun and he is the sole reason some people are rooting against the Brewers. More casual fans will adopt the Brewers, I think, but a lot of people really hate him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 9:50 AM Post
long ball said:

I'd prefer the Astros over either Boston or New York

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 10:28 AM Post
SRB said:
long ball said:

As a baseball fan, I would prefer the Astros. But I think the Yankees are the most beatable of that group, so I guess go Yankees?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 10:46 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
SRB said:
long ball said:

As a baseball fan, I would prefer the Astros. But I think the Yankees are the most beatable of that group, so I guess go Yankees?

The Yankees have some health issues, but that offense is frightening. I'm not frightened of the Astros offense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 11:08 AM Post
Global Moderator
From a logistics point of view a MIL/HOU match-up would remove weather from the equation. There is just something depressing about watching baseball played in the cold: Walks are increased, BA decreases, everyone looks miserable.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 11:33 AM Post
I want no part of that Astros pitching staff; give me Cleveland, NY, or Boston over Houston for sure.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 11:53 AM Post
It will be interesting who comes out of the AL. All scary teams.

My money is Houston. Verlander/Cole/Morton/Keuchel, followed up by a really good bullpen. Offense is a down from last year, but still full of elite players and scary.

BOS has a juggernaut offense. But with Price struggling and moving to the pen, Sale/Porcello/Eovaldi isn't as scary. They might have ride Sale really hard to get into the WS. The bullpen isn't as good as HOU or NYY

edit: typo

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 12:42 PM Post
Man, it's hard for me to even think about a potential AL opponent. Right now, all I want is the Braves to win today. At minimum, it means Kershaw pitches Wednesday and we'd only see him twice if the Dodgers advance.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 1:25 PM Post
SRB said:

The Yankees have some health issues, but that offense is frightening. I'm not frightened of the Astros offense.

Altuve, Bregman, Springer don’t scare you? Did you not see what they did in the playoffs last year? Pretty sure Springer has homered in like 7 of his last 8 playoff games including today. Altuve would be better than anyone in our lineup not named Yelich (maybe even better than him), and Bregman put up a borderline MVP season this year. I’m terrified of their lineup.

Edit: forgot about Correa too, he had a down season but it’s clear how deadly he can be.

Last edited by TJH123 on October 08, 2018, 1:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 1:27 PM Post
Who would the Dodgers pitch in Wednesday? It would be Ryu or Kershaw and Ryu did start game #1 and looked great.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 1:27 PM Post
fondybrewfan said:
Who would the Dodgers pitch in Wednesday? It would be Ryu or Kershaw and Ryu did start game #1 and looked great.

Roberts announced today that Kershaw will start game 5 if necessary.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 08, 2018, 1:29 PM Post
Gonna be watching LA/ATL game 4 closely. Getting Kershaw to pitch game 5 would help us tremendously.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 66 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply