LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 726 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:22 PM Post
Underachiever said:
Papi was so painful to watch try to form a sentence. I would have offered him $1000 on the spot to name a Brewer, and I don't think he could have done it.
I wish A-Rod could not speak. Everything he says is idiotic. Those two are unwatchable.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Broadcast on FS1]
phnxcrew said:
Count me as not worried. Long break between series equals rusty relievers. I'm glad everyone had work and we're up 1-0, of course

I agree. Jeffress was rusty when he pitched in Game 1 against the Rockies and he was fine after that.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Underachiever said:
Papi was so painful to watch try to form a sentence. I would have offered him $1000 on the spot to name a Brewer, and I don't think he could have done it.

Ortiz played with Travis in Boston. But he is not doing a good job for Fox that is for sure.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:23 PM Post

GIF Master
Boomer5 said:
ARod has clearly never seen this team play in September if he thinks Counsel doesn’t know what he is doing.

The questionable decision was bringing in Cedeno. Seems like it was setup to just go Soria, Knebel, Jeffress. Cedeno struggling then Soria not being able to close out the inning threw everything off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:26 PM Post
If the relievers stop walking guys with a five run lead this isn't even all that close a game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:27 PM Post
WinkelsasVsSoriano said:
Apropos of nothing, I hate the 2-3-2 seven game setup.

Yep, if home teams hold serve the higher seed comes home down 2-3 which should never be the case. I get the travel but your higher seed should never play more on the road at any point.

Even 3-3-1 would be better

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:27 PM Post
The walks were rust. Game was won and the rust is now shook off. On to the next.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:28 PM Post
A Rod did pick us to win this series. So there is that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:29 PM Post
dlk9s said:
Boomer5 said:
ARod has clearly never seen this team play in September if he thinks Counsel doesn’t know what he is doing.

The questionable decision was bringing in Cedeno. Seems like it was setup to just go Soria, Knebel, Jeffress. Cedeno struggling then Soria not being able to close out the inning threw everything off.

Yeah, I would've rather went to our best relievers in low stress situations to close it out and use them tomorrow on reasonable rest than to take the win for granted put in our two worst relievers and have Hader, JJ and Knebel bail them out.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:30 PM Post
I love that Woodruff was a big hero tonight. The guy has been nails since his September call-up. For a guy that was kind of being written off earlier this season, it's really cool to see.

This team has so many great arms. It's awesome.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:32 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I love that Woodruff was a big hero tonight. The guy has been nails since his September call-up. For a guy that was kind of being written off earlier this season, it's really cool to see.

This team has so many great arms. It's awesome.

Most people (including myself) were just fine sending him to the Orioles for Manny Machado. He seemed like an afterthought. As much as I'd like Machado, I'm really glad we didn't.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:32 PM Post
Miley goes 3, Peralta 3, Burnes 3 tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:34 PM Post
clancyphile said:
Miley goes 3, Peralta 3, Burnes 3 tomorrow.

I'm sure hoping they can get more length than that out of Miley. But with the extremely early hook of Gio tonight, who knows?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:35 PM Post
Miley 5 . Burnes 2 Knebel and Jeffress finish them .

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:35 PM Post
Remember when Puig said they were gonna sweep us lmao

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:36 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
502 to Right said:
4+ hours for a 9 inning game is brutal. Bullpenning might put up W's but in the long run it's going to turn away fans with absurdly long games.

Yeah, great game, but you are right, way way too long. But I don't think bullpenning is going anywhere.

Short of doing something extreme like changing games to be 8 innings, I don't know what can really be done. Bullpenning is here to stay. Maybe baseball should just embrace what it is instead of trying to change it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:37 PM Post
Brewers just need to go .500 over their next six. x)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:38 PM Post
Just wait until Yelich gets it going.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:38 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
502 to Right said:
4+ hours for a 9 inning game is brutal. Bullpenning might put up W's but in the long run it's going to turn away fans with absurdly long games.

Yeah, great game, but you are right, way way too long. But I don't think bullpenning is going anywhere.

Short of doing something extreme like changing games to be 8 innings, I don't know what can really be done. Bullpenning is here to stay. Maybe baseball should just embrace what it is instead of trying to change it.

I can guarantee that if they get any length out of Miley tomorrow, the game won't be nearly as long. The time some of these pitchers take between pitches, and batters stepping out after every pitch to adjust every piece of their armor really lengthens things.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2018, 10:40 PM Post
Can I borrow someone's secret decoder ring, please? As one who reads a hell of a lot, I feel confident stating that I truly speak English fluently. I took three years of Spanish in college, worked four years while in college in a restaurant kitchen as a prep cook/corporate trainer with nearly 100% Spanish speakers, and we spoke only Spanish, and I dated a girl from La Paz for the better part of a year, and she helped me learn the language to at least a conversational level.

I have no freaking clue what the hell David Ortiz is saying.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 726 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply