LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 6:40 PM Post
Broxton would really be useful in these tight games. With as much as Schoop is being used it really makes no sense to me why Broxton isn't here.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 6:41 PM Post
What about Freddy Peralta?

Also, when Miley was cruising, why pull him? Big difference to be going to LA up 2-0 as opposed to tied 1-1.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 6:46 PM Post
I just made some great garlic mashed potatoes. So there’s that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 6:55 PM Post
Heck of a game. My hat’s off to the Dodgers.

Here’s hoping Yeli and Braun can get it going with Chacin on the mound for game three.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 6:56 PM Post
clancyphile said:
What about Freddy Peralta?

Also, when Miley was cruising, why pull him? Big difference to be going to LA up 2-0 as opposed to tied 1-1.

What about Freddy? He's obviously the last guy in the pen. Hasn't really been a need to break him out yet. I personally wouldn't trust bringing him into a crucial spot late.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:03 PM Post
I would not mind seeing him in their for a batter the biggest issue right now is what up with JJ

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:04 PM Post
Rather Peralta than Jeffress at this point. Might as well bring in Zagurski if the goal is blowing leads with very obviously dead arms. Did ANYBODY want Jeffress out there in the 8th?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:07 PM Post
Bought a couple of rotisserie chickens from Pick n Save too. They had buy two for $10. I’ll use the other for chicken noodle soup. Win- win.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Rather Peralta than Jeffress at this point. Might as well bring in Zagurski if the goal is blowing leads with very obviously dead arms. Did ANYBODY want Jeffress out there in the 8th?

I love Hader, but by numbers and where they've typically been used this year, Jeffress has been this team's most important reliever. If he is cooked, so is this team more than likely. So yes, I want him in that spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:13 PM Post
Jeez. I hope some of you handle adversity in life better than you do after a game.

It would have been great to win. Didn’t happen. On to the next one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:19 PM Post
Bob Skube Snacks said:
Jeez. I hope some of you handle adversity in life better than you do after a game.

Exactly! The hottest team in baseball dropped a game for the first time in three weeks. In the NLCS. To tie the series at 1-1. This morning the Brewers were one of the best teams in baseball, and when we wake up tomorrow, they are going to be one of the best teams in baseball. The Dodgers are far from unbeatable at home. I expect the bats to wake up in a big way. I think playing where they grew up on this stage will energize Yelich and Braun, and they are going to carry this offense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:22 PM Post
People are just discussing. Don't see a whole lot of screaming and gnashing of teeth going on. Not a big deal.

Not really sure how anyone can say people are handling it that poorly. Obviously there will be some frustration.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:46 PM Post
i think it they lost any other way than blowing a late 3-0 lead all would be ok. But the Bullpen worries me than the Hitting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:46 PM Post
It's more about how the games are going. They are playing to the Brewers strength and we are getting beat. Get the game to the pen has been the strategy all year. Problem is their hitters are better. Both nights.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:49 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
It's more about how the games are going. They are playing to the Brewers strength and we are getting beat. Get the game to the pen has been the strategy all year. Problem is their hitters are better. Both nights.

Yep. This should be a 2-0 series and now it's a 0-0 road series. Both games have gone exactly the way we wanted to and played right into our hands and we nearly lost both.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 7:53 PM Post

GIF Master
Brew4U said:
Bought a couple of rotisserie chickens from Pick n Save too. They had buy two for $10. I’ll use the other for chicken noodle soup. Win- win.

I had some leftover beef and broccoli that I made in my Instant Pot. Turned out really nice.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:11 PM Post
This game was lost when Burnes couldn't get an out in the 7th. It really looked like the plan was Burnes for a couple and then the rest of the bullpen can finish off 1 or 2. Jeffress was more of a plan B that we had to go to. Having said that, it was probably a mistake on Counsell's part to go to him. He hasn't looked great and he threw a lot of pitches yesterday. They are going to have to rely on Guerra and Soria whether they trust them or not. This whole heavy bullpen thing only works if you are using all of the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Pugger said:
brewmann04 said:
it be very nice to get game 3

And that is all we need. Get one of them and bring the series back to Milwaukee. We've been pretty good on the road this year. It ain't over yet...

No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:23 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Pugger said:
brewmann04 said:
it be very nice to get game 3

And that is all we need. Get one of them and bring the series back to Milwaukee. We've been pretty good on the road this year. It ain't over yet...

No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over

Solid reasoning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:29 PM Post
Bob Skube Snacks said:

I went to Real Chili after the game and my night got even worse!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply