LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
Brewcrewin07 said:
Pugger said:
brewmann04 said:
it be very nice to get game 3


And that is all we need. Get one of them and bring the series back to Milwaukee. We've been pretty good on the road this year. It ain't over yet...


No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over


Might as well start counting down the days till Spring Training


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 8:55 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10625
Brewcrewin07 said:
No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over


This makes no sense at all. Winning 2 at home a tall task but winning 2 on the road is not? I think you usually want to consider these things by who has home field advantage. Assume you win all of your home games and lose the road games and you are in a good spot. We started out with home field advantage, they have now taken it away from us. If we win one on the road we take it back.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 9:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2294
I know it's a bit doomsday, but honestly I basically agree. I don't see this ending well unless they take two in LA. One won't cut it. They are going to throw Kershaw in one the two in Milwaukee and I doubt we get a pitcher to homer off him again or rattle him as they did.

If it comes back to Milwaukee with us down 3-2 I've got no interest in attending the game. I'll be hoping for a 7 but I did the 'watch the visiting team clinch the pennant' thing in 2011 and I've got no interest in repeating that.

I think that is moot though. Getting shades of 2011 here; JJ is either gassed or not right, our best arms out of the pen are getting hit a ton. I just have a feeling it's going to get really ugly and this may be over fast. No shame in it, but I think we just ran into the buzzsaw.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 9:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10625
Kershaw really isn't the scary force he used to be. I think our odds of winning 2 home games are pretty high, like 50% or better, so as long as we win 1 on the road we are still in a good position. I'm way more worried about the series not making it back to Milwaukee than I am losing once we get back.


Last edited by Ennder on October 13, 2018, 9:27 PM, edited 2 times in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 9:13 PM Post
Posts: 15504
It's obvious, but Game 3 is really pivotal. Win, and you really put the pressure back on the Dodgers, really put the screws to them and put them in real tough spot needing to take the next 2 at home. Lose, and you may see some panic start to set in and get the feeling things may be slipping away.

I fully expect the Game 3 winner to end up in the World Series.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 9:27 PM Post
Posts: 15504
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bob Skube Snacks said:
I think playing where they grew up on this stage will energize Yelich and Braun, and they are going to carry this offense.


Joey, I agree with you 90% of the time which is why I have to say I just don't understand these positions. Energize? They were playing in the NLCS against the defending NL champs on their home field in front of a pumped up home crowd. If that doesn't energize them, I don't know how going to L.A. is going to change that. It's not like they haven't been trying the last 2 games and now will.

That said, I obviously hope I am 100% wrong about this and you are 100% right. They need to have a good offensive road trip, certainly.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 9:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2294
I'm sure a night of sleep will rejuvenate me, but this is the kind of thing that's incredibly discouraging despite how good of a season it has been. That lineup is so ridiculous, it just leaves you feeling like even when a team like the Brewers gets it right or catches lightning in a bottle, it's never going to be enough to catch these super teams.

I know the window is just opening yadda yadda, but we are the Brewers. It is unlikely we even win a division again next year. We can't negate regression by signing Bryce Harper etc. Realistically I know we aren't doing this again for a while. That's why seeing a 2-0 series lead evaporate on a night Wade Miley gave you 6 shutout innings takes so much wind out of me. Ugh. Just sick about that game.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 13, 2018, 10:21 PM Post
Posts: 3788
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I'm sure a night of sleep will rejuvenate me, but this is the kind of thing that's incredibly discouraging despite how good of a season it has been. That lineup is so ridiculous, it just leaves you feeling like even when a team like the Brewers gets it right or catches lightning in a bottle, it's never going to be enough to catch these super teams.

I know the window is just opening yadda yadda, but we are the Brewers. It is unlikely we even win a division again next year. We can't negate regression by signing Bryce Harper etc. Realistically I know we aren't doing this again for a while. That's why seeing a 2-0 series lead evaporate on a night Wade Miley gave you 6 shutout innings takes so much wind out of me. Ugh. Just sick about that game.


Same here.

I had a bad feeling when Jeffress was sent in. I'd rather have seen Peralta.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 12:53 AM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 5616
Meh, at the end of the day the series is 1-1 which is a fine enough position to be in. Both games could have gone either way, could be up 2-0 or down 0-2. They can win on the road.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 5:39 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bob Skube Snacks said:
I think playing where they grew up on this stage will energize Yelich and Braun, and they are going to carry this offense.


Joey, I agree with you 90% of the time which is why I have to say I just don't understand these positions. Energize? They were playing in the NLCS against the defending NL champs on their home field in front of a pumped up home crowd. If that doesn't energize them, I don't know how going to L.A. is going to change that. It's not like they haven't been trying the last 2 games and now will.

That said, I obviously hope I am 100% wrong about this and you are 100% right. They need to have a good offensive road trip, certainly.


I guess that is more of a optimistic hope than an expectation. Just trying to find as many positives as possible after last night's gut punch. Stupid Turner!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 5:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
clancyphile said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I'm sure a night of sleep will rejuvenate me, but this is the kind of thing that's incredibly discouraging despite how good of a season it has been. That lineup is so ridiculous, it just leaves you feeling like even when a team like the Brewers gets it right or catches lightning in a bottle, it's never going to be enough to catch these super teams.

I know the window is just opening yadda yadda, but we are the Brewers. It is unlikely we even win a division again next year. We can't negate regression by signing Bryce Harper etc. Realistically I know we aren't doing this again for a while. That's why seeing a 2-0 series lead evaporate on a night Wade Miley gave you 6 shutout innings takes so much wind out of me. Ugh. Just sick about that game.


Same here.

I had a bad feeling when Jeffress was sent in. I'd rather have seen Peralta.


Yeah, throw in the 22-year-old that has literally NEVER been in that sort of situation, even in the regular season. I mean come on? There was no way Peralta was pitching there. I'm starting to wonder why he is even on the roster.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 7:19 AM Post
Posts: 2602
Brewcrewin07 said:
Pugger said:
brewmann04 said:
it be very nice to get game 3


And that is all we need. Get one of them and bring the series back to Milwaukee. We've been pretty good on the road this year. It ain't over yet...


No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over


Just won 12 in a row, but if we happen to need to get 2 in a row later this series it’s impossible? Got it!

The Brewers are good, the Dodgers are good. Enjoy the show


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 7:36 AM Post
Posts: 1284
Ennder said:
They are going to have to rely on Guerra and Soria whether they trust them or not. This whole heavy bullpen thing only works if you are using all of the bullpen.


Exactly! You know you're going to have to use them in a 7-game series, so you may as well use them when it would normally be their turn. Otherwise they don't get enough work and they're rusty when you need them. Meanwhile you're pushing your best relievers to the point where they're arguably no more effective than anyone else - or they're only more effective because everyone else has been riding the pine for a week or more. And it's not just appearances that cover multiple innings in consecutive days; the cumulative workload of a 163-game season is a factor too. And it's not like it's Drake and Albers in the back of the bullpen.

I love the Brewers' management and I always qualify it every time I question them by acknowledging that they've been 1 or 2 steps ahead of all the critics all year. However, this seems to be a case where they've reverted to some baseball dogma instead of continuing to make this a 25-man effort, which is what got them here. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy when you won't trust any other relievers with 4 or 5 run leads like Friday or last week against the Rockies, because the lack of work causes them to be as bad as you feared when you finally have to put them out there with a smaller lead.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 9:03 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1090
I suspect Peralta is in the roster to mop up if we are blown out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 10:22 AM Post
Posts: 81
Call me crazy, but I think they should try to win three in LA.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FOX]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 12:15 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2231
wildcat83 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
No....unfortunately 1 in LA will NOT be enough...It HAS to be 2, so you get two chances at home to win 1 game...if you only win 1 in LA then you are forced to win both at home, that's a tall task. That's why losing this game was SO huge and why i said the series is over


Just won 12 in a row, but if we happen to need to get 2 in a row later this series it’s impossible? Got it!

The Brewers are good, the Dodgers are good. Enjoy the show


I'll take it 1 step further and say, who would have guessed we would win by chasing Kershaw early and lose when Miley throws a gem?

Its playoff baseball and anyone who thinks they know what will happen next or what needs to happen outside of "just win 3 more games" hasn't been paying attention. Monday can't come soon enough!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 3:13 PM Post
Posts: 1284
josh said:
Call me crazy, but I think they should try to win three in LA.


I just crunched some numbers in a spreadsheet and by my calculations that would put them in the driver's seat.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 5:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1310
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
owbc said:
Meh, at the end of the day the series is 1-1 which is a fine enough position to be in. Both games could have gone either way, could be up 2-0 or down 0-2. They can win on the road.


Haven't we played well on the road this year? What was our record in Dodger Stadium?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 5:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1310
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
josh said:
Call me crazy, but I think they should try to win three in LA.


I'm sure they will try but that is a tall task...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]
Posted: October 14, 2018, 7:25 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8663
Pugger said:
josh said:
Call me crazy, but I think they should try to win three in LA.


I'm sure they will try but that is a tall task...


So there is a chance then?

It can happen!

It WILL happen!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  [ 600 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test