LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  [ 918 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 15, 2018, 10:38 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
turborickey said:
When did "must win" become a taboo phrase on these boards?

I feel every playoff game is a "must win", and I won't apologize for that. lol

Thomas to Braun: Did you guys take this game as a must win and now you feel like you're playing with house money after this win tonight?

Braun: We take every game as a must win, that's why we've been so successful over the last 3 weeks . . .

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 15, 2018, 10:42 PM Post
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:
One thing I don't think can be understated here is Kratz in the 9th. I'm not sure JJ gets it done without him. Multiple mound visits, but man I think those visits went a long way in helping JJ get out of that mess. I don't mean to take away from JJ, he executed and got the job done...but Kratz deserves a significant amount of credit for helping him through...in my opinion.

MVP! Can’t wait to see him hoist the trophy.

Agree on the worth of Kratz (not MVP yet)....
Kratz also got JJ strike 3 to end the game. He has very quick hands in bringing the ball naturally back in the zone. Underrated in getting pitchers off the edge strikes.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]
Posted: October 15, 2018, 11:02 PM Post
My 70 yr old dad texted me after Arica got the homerun - “jj has no business in this game” and I responded with “you ride the guys that got you here”. JJ warms up and I send “well here’s your pal, dad”... 2 hits later he sends “I hope you are happy...”. My response - “you ride the guys that got you here”... Bases loaded and my dad is literally losing it... my response - “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. Strikeout finish game. 3x “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. His response “stress test scheduled for tomorrow”

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]
Posted: October 15, 2018, 11:21 PM Post
sobomp3 said:
His response “stress test scheduled for tomorrow”

[laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 15, 2018, 11:23 PM Post
We are actually slight favorites tomorrow. Game 3 was the game we were not supposed to win.

I know the big thing was getting at least one of Games 3 or 4, but how huge would it be to take Game 4 tomorrow and put the Dodgers on the brink? Pressure on them increasing...

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]
Posted: October 16, 2018, 6:13 AM Post
sobomp3 said:
My 70 yr old dad texted me after Arica got the homerun - “jj has no business in this game” and I responded with “you ride the guys that got you here”. JJ warms up and I send “well here’s your pal, dad”... 2 hits later he sends “I hope you are happy...”. My response - “you ride the guys that got you here”... Bases loaded and my dad is literally losing it... my response - “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. Strikeout finish game. 3x “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. His response “stress test scheduled for tomorrow”

I'm sure your dad is a great guy, but he sounds like the type of fan that would not be fun to watch a game with. I just don't know how you can watch a game like last night's, in the NLCS (!!!), and only focus on the negatives.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 6:49 AM Post
Baldkin said:

You literally suggested benching him for Oliver Drake.

He's literally been worse than Drake. He needs a break. Stop being in denial about what's happening to him. I didn't say he shouldn't pitch the rest of the series or anything.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 7:00 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
sobomp3 said:

I'm sure your dad is a great guy, but he sounds like the type of fan that would not be fun to watch a game with. I just don't know how you can watch a game like last night's, in the NLCS (!!!), and only focus on the negatives.

c'mon man...

[sad] [angry] [rolling eyes]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:41 AM Post
jjfanec said:
10 to 7 Packers now in case anyone was wondering

The NFL Network will replay last night's Packers game this afternoon. I wish the MLB Channel did that. It would be so fun to rewatch this one playoff game again!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:44 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Hey guys, not trying to be a jerk here, but I personally don't care for Packers updates. That is a short Google away if I want to find it.

I was reading the Packers' game thread on another forum this morning and they kept talking about the Crew's game last night. I got a kick out of it. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:46 AM Post
jjfanec said:
I love moose at 3rd. He is so good

It would be nice if he came back in 2019.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:47 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

There's a hot take if I ever saw one!

After Jeffress walked Puig, Jeremy stared him down to about halfway up to first base. I have no idea why he did that. Perhaps there is something to this "woke Jeremy up" thing. I mean, he really locked it in after that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:47 AM Post
homer said:
Why is Sammy Hagar in the Brewer dugout?

Who is Sammy Hagar?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:52 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

There's a hot take if I ever saw one!

After Jeffress walked Puig, Jeremy stared him down to about halfway up to first base. I have no idea why he did that. Perhaps there is something to this "woke Jeremy up" thing. I mean, he really locked it in after that.

Puig was trash talking Jeffress DURING the at-bat, yelling at him to throw him a strike (Harold Reynolds was all over it on MLB Network after the game). Then he basically started walking to 1B on ball 4 before the ball even hit the catcher's mitt. That was a poor call as well, as it looked pretty obvious to the naked eye that the ball caught the lower inside part of the plate.

Of course Jeffress then bore down and dominated Grandal and Dozier to end it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:52 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Anyone notice the organ just playing Harry Potter?

That organ is better than that harpsichord they play in Pittsburgh. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 8:55 AM Post
Baldkin said:
MORE LIKE YASMANI PASSEDBALL

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 10:14 AM Post
Pugger said:
jjfanec said:
10 to 7 Packers now in case anyone was wondering

The NFL Network will replay last night's Packers game this afternoon. I wish the MLB Channel did that. It would be so fun to rewatch this one playoff game again!

MLB Network has been doing that the last few days. They're playing last night's game right now

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2018, 10:28 AM Post
It's interesting to me the number of comments about the negativity of the studio guys about the Brewers, given the unbelievable negativity in the IGTs from BREWERS fans...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  [ 918 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply