LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  [ 1813 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:00 AM Post
The 'stache said:
Now ARod whining about how Arcia doesn't know how to bunt. "He hit 3 HR in the regular season, and his not knowing how to bunt might have cost this team a World Championship. When I was a young shortstop, I knew how to bunt."

Eat a D, ARod.

Traditionalist hindsight. The flare he hit almost dropped. If it had... no peeps made.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:03 AM Post
It's going to bother me all night why we dont walk the bases loaded......seems like an easy decision. Like my chances against a pitcher hitting. Not like they had a Woodruff or Suter over there...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 5:17 AM Post
ReverendBrewmeister said:
The 'stache said:
Now ARod whining about how Arcia doesn't know how to bunt. "He hit 3 HR in the regular season, and his not knowing how to bunt might have cost this team a World Championship. When I was a young shortstop, I knew how to bunt."

Eat a D, ARod.

Even the Milwaukee radio post-game show mentioned Arcia’s lack of bunting prowess as part of the reason why he may not have been directed to move Pina over after the leadoff double. So while most of us would agree with ARod’s jerkiness, he seems to have a legitimate point about a gap in Arcia’s game. To be honest, there is some lack of what used to be fundamental baseball with the current roster not just with Arcia.

It isn't our roster, it is baseball. That stuff is a bonus asset these days. Bunting isn't taught in youth baseball and is a disappearing skill.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:08 AM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
Machado is unreal. Can’t believe he could talk about that play at first with a straight face.

That's because Machado doesn't give a **** about anybody but himself. He will take a player out - that player's health be damned - if he has to to get an advantage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:46 AM Post
The 'stache said:

Eat a D, ARod.

ARod bunted 9 times for a hit in his career. 0 times for a double.

Arcia is a better bunter. Fact.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 11:11 AM Post
Baldkin said:
The 'stache said:

Eat a D, ARod.

ARod bunted 9 times for a hit in his career. 0 times for a double.

Arcia is a better bunter. Fact.

[laughing] I'm dying. That is a classic post.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 11:49 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
yfinn6 said:
topper09er said:
How insane would it be to move Yelich to CF and leave Santana in, pitcher in Cain's spot?

Clancy, that you?

[laughing]

He stopped watching the games after they kicked suter out of the dugout.

Why is Jimmy Nelson allowed in the dugout, but Suter has been exiled?

Didn't follow the IGT last night, wanted to concentrate on the game alone. Stayed up for the entire thing, and paying the price today...

I will get through this entire thread today, but it will take time. Always interesting to read through these the following day.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 11:52 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Somewhere at a bar in Naperville Coach Cooper is shaking his head at that one.

Thank you.

[wink]

I was afraid the Coach Cooper references have died off completely.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
StearnBrewliever said:
Mmmm Mila Kunis.....

Now that is a great hot take that holds up 100% of the time, and is completely factual.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:17 PM Post
She is an even better sight to be hold than a well executed sac bunt to get the lead runner to 3rd in a tight playoff game....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:19 PM Post
bigredrobbo said:
Harvey'sWBs said:
The park holds everything. It’s a death trap.

...and a suicide rap?

brilliant Springsteen reference... bravo!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 1:24 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
not sure why bellinger isn't walked to first in this spot here

Yup, made no sense then to let him hit, and makes even less sense now, after the fact.

I'd go as far to say that we should have walked Bellinger AND Grandal to get at Urias...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 2:01 PM Post
Not walking both was a HUGE mistake.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  [ 1813 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply