LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:46 PM Post
If you sat everyone who's sucked at the plate we'd have 3 position players.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:47 PM Post
Well, enjoy the off day. The Crew is still alive. We won the division in this position. Might as well win the pennant the same way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:49 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Is Friday a must-win game?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:49 PM Post
owbc said:

This time, yes!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:50 PM Post
Devinep said:
Boomer5 said:
Boomer5 said:

JJ was horrible for sure but I guess you have to expect that one pitcher won’t be himself. What you don’t expect is most of our key guys completely falling apart when you need them the most including the “MVP”.

The playoffs are where legends are made. Or lost.

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yeah he was awesome. Let’s get his $200M extension ready.

good, fact-based rebuttal![/quote]

What facts do you want? He has been a complete mess at the plate. Is that really something you are debating?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:50 PM Post
I'm a big fan of Counsell. Attanasio/Stearns could give him a lifetime contract in the organization and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figure out why the guy would bat Hernan Perez fifth in any game, much less a big game like the one today. What part of Perez's career .256/.285/.388/.673 slash line is so hard to figure out?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:51 PM Post
owbc said:

Only about the 72nd this year [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:54 PM Post
JosephC said:
I'm a big fan of Counsell. Attanasio/Stearns could give him a lifetime contract in the organization and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figure out why the guy would bat Hernan Perez fifth in any game, much less a big game like the one today. What part of Perez's career .256/.285/.388/.673 slash line is so hard to figure out?

I agree Perez is barely a major leaguer let alone a traditional 5th place hitter. With the way we are hitting now I’m not sure it matters right now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:55 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Well given the attitude on this board the Brewers need some enthusiastic fans on Friday. I just booked a flight to Milwaukee tomorrow night. So Friday will be my first Brewers game this year, only 2nd MLB playoff game (saw the win in '08). I intend to go to 2 Brewers games this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:57 PM Post
What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 6:59 PM Post
The Brewers needed one in LA, and they got it. Not its back home to Milwaukee, with Miley on the hill. He shut down the Dodgers on Saturday.

Get a win, and Saturday is the ultimate toss-up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:00 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

Hiura projects what we need like three years down the road. Rushing his bat will only get dissapointing results. Those are lofty expectation my friend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:04 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:04 PM Post
Boomer5 said:
Devinep said:
Boomer5 said:

Yes, when he gets the MVP trophy they should take it away.

Only a .441 OBP in the playoffs? How dare he nearly match the OBP that arguably the two greatest hitters in the history of the game (Bonds and Williams) achieved consistently.

Yeah he was awesome. Let’s get his $200M extension ready.

good, fact-based rebuttal!

What facts do you want? He has been a complete mess at the plate. Is that really something you are debating?[/quote]

He has a 680 postseason OPS. Now it is proven

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
owbc said:

Haha. I laughed at this

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:12 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

Indeed. Let Moose and Schoop go and sign Lowrie

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:14 PM Post
I fear we'll be packing things up Friday. We have our optimal pitching setup, but just no margin of error for our staff with such an inept offense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:17 PM Post
folly412 said:
I fear we'll be packing things up Friday. We have our optimal pitching setup, but just no margin of error for our staff with such an inept offense.

hotothotake

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:18 PM Post
It takes one game for the offense to get going. It's baseball. It looks bad, but let's grieve when they are dead. They are still alive for now. The Astros faced this with NYY in 2017.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:18 PM Post
jjgott said:
clancyphile said:
It's a 1-2 punch the Crew couldn't recover from.

Except for the part where they made it to the NLCS and still have a chance at making the World Series.

Counsell deserves Manager of the Year for getting the Crew this far.

But right now, they have their backs to the wall - and they need some legendary stuff to take the next two straight.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply