LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:23 PM Post
Devinep said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:
What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

Indeed. Let Moose and Schoop go and sign Lowrie

Yep, that's the kind of signing I'd look for. A guy that is going to sign a reasonable 1-2 year deal. I would think Lowrie would be a great fit. Also maybe Ian Kinsler, D.J. LeMahieu (my favorite), Daniel Murphy (if you can handle his bad defense), Jordy Mercer, Eduardo Escobar, or Jose Iglesias. Lots of options out there. I have no problem moving Shaw back to 3B full time.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:24 PM Post
No clutch hitting will kill this team every time. CC has to change up his lineup somehow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:25 PM Post
rcc said:
No clutch hitting will kill this team every time. CC has to change up his lineup somehow.

What about batting Arcia 2nd? I mean, why not? He's been out hottest hitter in this series. At this point, what could it hurt?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:27 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
rcc said:

What about batting Arcia 2nd? I mean, why not? He's been out hottest hitter in this series. At this point, what could it hurt?

Sounds good to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:28 PM Post
He should go really crazy with tomorrow's line up. Bat Miley lead off and Yelich 8th, toss Braun at 9 and Aguilar and 2nd. There's no game, so who really cares.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:32 PM Post
This team has seemed pretty stressed out for these three in LA. I hope they go back to Milwaukee, have fun on the flight, and are loose on Friday. I think Miley pitches well, and the offense snaps out of their trance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:44 PM Post
Miley, if he starts on Friday, will be the first pitcher since 1930 to start back to back games in a post season series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
This team has seemed pretty stressed out for these three in LA. I hope they go back to Milwaukee, have fun on the flight, and are loose on Friday. I think Miley pitches well, and the offense snaps out of their trance.

I think that's good advice for this board too. Take a day off, get drunk, come back ready for Friday.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:47 PM Post
B-Train said:
Miley, if he starts on Friday, will be the first pitcher since 1930 to start back to back games in a post season series.

Tradition and history!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:48 PM Post
homer said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I think that's good advice for this board too. Take a day off, get drunk, come back ready for Friday.

Thirsty Thursday applies to so many situations!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 7:55 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
rcc said:

I was thinking the same thing about Arcia. Play Braun at 1st, start Santana, Jesus can ride the pine, and they will be ready to role.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:01 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:
What this series shows is if Hirua looks ready in spring training defense and all he needs to be on the squad. He profiles to be the exact kind of hitter this team needs. Cain Hirua and Yelich hitting 3 is where we need to be from spring on.

His skillset certainly profiles as the exact type of hitter they need at the top of the order. A table setter who is going to hit over .300, steal bases, work counts and minimize strikeouts. His results in the Arizona Fall League are certainly encouraging. I doubt he'll begin the year in Milwaukee (that's a really big jump, and he is still very young and doesn't have a lot of experience). I hope he is over the elbow injury concern as well.

They will need to determine soon what his ETA is, because if they feel he isn't going to be ready, they need to acquire a 2B who profiles as a table setter. They just have too many Schoop types already in the lineup for that to work.

My thinking?

Deal Aguilar - see if someone buys high on him. Aguilar could be a centerpiece for a TOR starter.

Go with Moose at third, Shaw/Braun at first. See where Hirua is, keep Schoop to go with Perez in the infield.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
Aguilar was a strong candidate to be traded when he was on his high. If he kept it up, I think that's a very typical example of someone you sell high on. I think that opportunity is gone. He will end up being a journeyman 1B stopgap type guy. But I doubt you get much for him after his second half.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
homer said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Best post of the evening. Where do I sign up?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:16 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Aguilar was a strong candidate to be traded when he was on his high. If he kept it up, I think that's a very typical example of someone you sell high on. I think that opportunity is gone. He will end up being a journeyman 1B stopgap type guy. But I doubt you get much for him after his second half.

As a contender, the Brewers were in no position to trade Aguilar this season. Contending teams just don't do that. Had they not been a contender, though, I'm sure Jesus would have been on the trade block, and he likely would have fetched a decent haul of prospects at the deadline, even though he had already fallen off by the end of July.

I do agree with the idea of Braun seeing more time at 1st, though. That opens up LF, which is Yelich's best spot, and gives them the chance to either play Santana in RF, or acquire someone to make starts out there. It is possible that Corey Ray isn't far away from being the "RF of the future" as well. He should start at AAA next year, and if he continues to improve, he very well may see MLB time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:19 PM Post
A stunning turn of events after being up 2-1 and riding high.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:25 PM Post
shanedog19 said:
A stunning turn of events after being up 2-1 and riding high.

Throw in that both losses occurred today, within 18 hours of each other. If we won both, we'd be WS bound.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:40 PM Post
B-Train said:

Reminds me of a game I attended back in 2012. Greinke slammed a ball down in frustration taking too long to get to first and Ump took it as he thought the call was BS so he tossed him in the first inning. Roenicke starts him the next day for his second start in a row. The rarity comes into play because it was the AS break after that game so he got the nod to pitch a THIRD game in a row technically. First time since 1917 it happened.

Ryan Braun homered twice into the visitors bullpen and Cody Ransom hit an heroic grand slam to break a 6-6 tie in the bottom of the 8th inning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:41 PM Post
Never really felt like today was going to be a good one for us, even up 1-0. You cannot ask the pitching to continue to be perfect every single day to have a chance. If we don't figure out how to get the bats going now, we're done. Still time, but it's the last chance. Game 4 is going to be the one that really haunts the offense in the offseason if they can't still pull this out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 8:53 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

As a contender, the Brewers were in no position to trade Aguilar this season. Contending teams just don't do that. Had they not been a contender, though, I'm sure Jesus would have been on the trade block, and he likely would have fetched a decent haul of prospects at the deadline, even though he had already fallen off by the end of July.

I do agree with the idea of Braun seeing more time at 1st, though. That opens up LF, which is Yelich's best spot, and gives them the chance to either play Santana in RF, or acquire someone to make starts out there. It is possible that Corey Ray isn't far away from being the "RF of the future" as well. He should start at AAA next year, and if he continues to improve, he very well may see MLB time.

Corey Ray hit .238 and .239 in his last 2 seasons and has nearly reached 200 Ks in both seasons, he should be nowhere near the MLB lineup. It might be perceived as crazy but I truly think Hiura would be helping this team more right now that Perez and Schoop are at 2nd base.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply