LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 9:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
TJH123 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Aguilar was a strong candidate to be traded when he was on his high. If he kept it up, I think that's a very typical example of someone you sell high on. I think that opportunity is gone. He will end up being a journeyman 1B stopgap type guy. But I doubt you get much for him after his second half.


As a contender, the Brewers were in no position to trade Aguilar this season. Contending teams just don't do that. Had they not been a contender, though, I'm sure Jesus would have been on the trade block, and he likely would have fetched a decent haul of prospects at the deadline, even though he had already fallen off by the end of July.

I do agree with the idea of Braun seeing more time at 1st, though. That opens up LF, which is Yelich's best spot, and gives them the chance to either play Santana in RF, or acquire someone to make starts out there. It is possible that Corey Ray isn't far away from being the "RF of the future" as well. He should start at AAA next year, and if he continues to improve, he very well may see MLB time.


Corey Ray hit .238 and .239 in his last 2 seasons and has nearly reached 200 Ks in both seasons, he should be nowhere near the MLB lineup. It might be perceived as crazy but I truly think Hiura would be helping this team more right now that Perez and Schoop are at 2nd base.


Ray puts up a .801 OPS in Biloxi, but he's nowhere near an MLB lineup. But Hiura puts up a .755 OPS, and he should be with the MLB club? HUH?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 9:07 PM Post
Posts: 189
You would really rather have another high home run, high strikeout low average player in this lineup? No thanks. Based on OPS I guess you would also say you’d rather have Khris Davis over Jose Altuve or Joey Votto


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 9:11 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
TJH123 said:
You would really rather have another high home run, high strikeout low average player in this lineup? No thanks. Based on OPS I guess you would also say you’d rather have Khris Davis over Jose Altuve or Joey Votto


I don't want either in the lineup right now. My original post said that Ray will be in AAA next year, and it is POSSIBLE that he sees MLB time next year. Both are great prospects that may see MLB time next year.

Plus the talk was about moving Braun to 1B, which puts Yelich at LF, and opens time in RF. Is Hiura gonna play there?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 9:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1310
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
JosephC said:
I'm a big fan of Counsell. Attanasio/Stearns could give him a lifetime contract in the organization and it wouldn't bother me one bit. But I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever figure out why the guy would bat Hernan Perez fifth in any game, much less a big game like the one today. What part of Perez's career .256/.285/.388/.673 slash line is so hard to figure out?


I really have no clue what CC sees in Perez. smh


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 9:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1310
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
adambr2 said:
Never really felt like today was going to be a good one for us, even up 1-0. You cannot ask the pitching to continue to be perfect every single day to have a chance. If we don't figure out how to get the bats going now, we're done. Still time, but it's the last chance. Game 4 is going to be the one that really haunts the offense in the offseason if they can't still pull this out.


It truly is heartbreaking that so many of our guys' bats have gone cold at the worst possible time. The pitching has been good enough but you can't win if you can't hit. Just ask the Rockies. Perhaps having a day off will help. It can't hurt...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 10:02 PM Post
Posts: 856
I love what Counsell has done with this team overall but last night pitching to the most dangerous of the three options with the game on the line is going to be one of those brewers lore decisions that at this point spells doom. I often wonder how a mistake that big can be allowed to happen when you have a bench coach and a pitching coach right next to you to say hey Craig a base hit wins this game. They have no bench players left!! They have no relievers left!! We got em boss!! I can't get past the fact that game might still be going. If we win last night we win today in my opinion. I just don't understand the fact that wasn't an automatic.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 10:23 PM Post
Posts: 15504
Bulldogboy said:
I love what Counsell has done with this team overall but last night pitching to the most dangerous of the three options with the game on the line is going to be one of those brewers lore decisions that at this point spells doom. I often wonder how a mistake that big can be allowed to happen when you have a bench coach and a pitching coach right next to you to say hey Craig a base hit wins this game. They have no bench players left!! They have no relievers left!! We got em boss!! I can't get past the fact that game might still be going. If we win last night we win today in my opinion. I just don't understand the fact that wasn't an automatic.


It's on par with Kotsay in CF. It's more forgiveable though, because it was made in the heat of the moment. Kotsay required actual aforethought.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 17, 2018, 10:26 PM Post
Posts: 856
adambr2 said:
Bulldogboy said:
I love what Counsell has done with this team overall but last night pitching to the most dangerous of the three options with the game on the line is going to be one of those brewers lore decisions that at this point spells doom. I often wonder how a mistake that big can be allowed to happen when you have a bench coach and a pitching coach right next to you to say hey Craig a base hit wins this game. They have no bench players left!! They have no relievers left!! We got em boss!! I can't get past the fact that game might still be going. If we win last night we win today in my opinion. I just don't understand the fact that wasn't an automatic.


It's on par with Kotsay in CF. It's more forgiveable though, because it was made in the heat of the moment. Kotsay required actual aforethought.

I agree 100 percent. Sucks for Guerra who pitched his butt off. Help the guy out when he has been great for you. Don't let him lose it cause he caught too much plate with that one.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [TV Broadcast on FS1]
Posted: October 18, 2018, 6:40 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
Bulldogboy said:
adambr2 said:
Bulldogboy said:
I love what Counsell has done with this team overall but last night pitching to the most dangerous of the three options with the game on the line is going to be one of those brewers lore decisions that at this point spells doom. I often wonder how a mistake that big can be allowed to happen when you have a bench coach and a pitching coach right next to you to say hey Craig a base hit wins this game. They have no bench players left!! They have no relievers left!! We got em boss!! I can't get past the fact that game might still be going. If we win last night we win today in my opinion. I just don't understand the fact that wasn't an automatic.


It's on par with Kotsay in CF. It's more forgiveable though, because it was made in the heat of the moment. Kotsay required actual aforethought.

I agree 100 percent. Sucks for Guerra who pitched his butt off. Help the guy out when he has been great for you. Don't let him lose it cause he caught too much plate with that one.


It was probably likely that the Dodgers were going to win that one regardless, as the Brewers offense just looked completely dead by that time. But I'd take a 97% loss certainty over a 100% loss certainty every time. That decision took the bats out of their hands in a possible 14th. Pretty inexcusable in an NLCS game.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]
Posted: October 18, 2018, 6:49 AM Post
Posts: 242
was there an answer from Counsel on that? Smoltz figured with first base open and facing Grandall would have great chances to end the inning. My only guess is that Counsell rolled the dice because he didnt want to burn another pitcher as he knew Miley was only going 1 batter. Dunno.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]
Posted: October 18, 2018, 7:58 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4946
Location: Three Lakes, WI
Chicago Here said:
was there an answer from Counsel on that? Smoltz figured with first base open and facing Grandall would have great chances to end the inning. My only guess is that Counsell rolled the dice because he didnt want to burn another pitcher as he knew Miley was only going 1 batter. Dunno.


I believe Counsell said the plan was to not give Bellinger anything to hit, in the hope he might chase. Then they would have walked Grandal to get to the pitcher. But Junior caught too much of the plate, and Bellinger smoked it. In hindsight, that's the whole point of an intentional walk.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]
Posted: October 18, 2018, 8:23 AM Post
Posts: 15504
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Chicago Here said:
was there an answer from Counsel on that? Smoltz figured with first base open and facing Grandall would have great chances to end the inning. My only guess is that Counsell rolled the dice because he didnt want to burn another pitcher as he knew Miley was only going 1 batter. Dunno.


I believe Counsell said the plan was to not give Bellinger anything to hit, in the hope he might chase. Then they would have walked Grandal to get to the pitcher. But Junior caught too much of the plate, and Bellinger smoked it. In hindsight, that's the whole point of an intentional walk.


Again, I'm a Counsell fan. I think any rational fan is. But that's an incredibly bad plan when you're up to a 50 pitch outing for a guy who hasn't been stretched out to pitch that long since August and was already missing his spots.

It wasn't a big surprise that he mlssed his spot to Bellinger. It was an awful matchup for Junior, regardless. If Cedeno cannot be used for that situation he is useless to have.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  [ 852 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test