LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Offline  Re: 2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread
Posted: March 08, 2019, 9:57 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Jeffress pulled after 3 pitches in today's game. He seemed to be fighting Counsell to stay in, so hopefully its just precautionary. I didn't see anything alarming looking at the pitches he threw, but Counsell/Hook must have saw something. He's been slowed by a sore shoulder early in camp.

Im trying to find it, but I read yesterday that he was clocked at 83/84 on those 3 pitches. Yikes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
Today's lineup:

Cain - CF
Yelich - RF
Braun - DH
Shaw - 3B
Grandal - C
Moustakas - 2B
Thames - 1B
Pérez - SS
Gamel - LF

Peralta - P

Things are getting close! Pumped!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2019, 10:43 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Jeffress pulled after 3 pitches in today's game. He seemed to be fighting Counsell to stay in, so hopefully its just precautionary. I didn't see anything alarming looking at the pitches he threw, but Counsell/Hook must have saw something. He's been slowed by a sore shoulder early in camp.

Im trying to find it, but I read yesterday that he was clocked at 83/84 on those 3 pitches. Yikes.

Tightness/weakness in the shoulder will definitely do that. Hopefully its minor, but you never know. Strange that the issue wasn't caught in pen sessions if its a lingering thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2019, 2:56 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

There were no gun readings on TV but he definitely did not look like he was throwing with 100% effort.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2019, 3:34 PM Post
First pitch breakkaball to Hiura and he deposits it into the hill in LF.

Side note: I like watching dudes with their beers running after balls on the hill. They inevitably fall and spill their beer everywhere. Classic.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread
Posted: March 08, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
Peralta looked really good today

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 97376?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 09, 2019, 10:12 AM Post
markedman5 said:

Good to hear, especially the throwing harder part.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 09, 2019, 3:45 PM Post
Good scoreless outing for Josh Tomlin today. 5 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 09, 2019, 5:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
A lot of fun performances to follow along with today between the split squad games. Home Runs today included Thames, Yelich, Hiura, Grisham. Lots of good pitching outings including Tomlin, Woodruff, Brown, Knebel, and Hader. Miguel Sanchez struck out 3 of the 4 batters he faced over 1.1 IP as well.

Most importantly the Brewers won 5-1 versus Angels and 11-2 versus A’s to move back to .500 for the Spring, and within striking distance of defending their Cactus League championship.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 10, 2019, 6:25 AM Post
Eye Black said:
A lot of fun performances to follow along with today between the split squad games. Home Runs today included Thames, Yelich, Hiura, Grisham. Lots of good pitching outings including Tomlin, Woodruff, Brown, Knebel, and Hader. Miguel Sanchez struck out 3 of the 4 batters he faced over 1.1 IP as well.

Most importantly the Brewers won 5-1 versus Angels and 11-2 versus A’s to move back to .500 for the Spring, and within striking distance of defending their Cactus League championship.

I’m most excited with their starting pitching, Anderson,Davies,Burnes,Peralta,woody even Tomlin pitching well right now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 10, 2019, 10:53 AM Post
This is going to be a fun team. They should be able to do it all. I’m
Hoping woodruff convinces them to pair him alongside Burnes in the rotation and move one of the #4’s to another team. Huge upside

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 10, 2019, 4:29 PM Post
I'm a total Brian Anderson hater but boy nothing makes me miss him more than listening to Rock and Augustine trying to talk about baseball. Bill spent a whole half inning referring to Josh Tomlin as Josh Fields. Jerry called Jeremy Jeffress Jeremy Jeffries and threw out the most totally useless statistics like he just opened up Baseball-Reference every time a new pitcher came in so he could find something to say.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2019, 4:02 PM Post
Jimmy gave up 2 runs in his first inning back today vs the white sox. HR to first batter and a couple of singles.

Per TH

Jimmy Nelson's fastball was sitting mostly at 91-92 mph but he got it up as far as 94 mph. His breaking stuff was how he struck out three hitters. They weren't getting good swings off that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2019, 4:15 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Jimmy gave up 2 runs in his first inning back today vs the white sox. HR to first batter and a couple of singles.

Per TH

Jimmy Nelson's fastball was sitting mostly at 91-92 mph but he got it up as far as 94 mph. His breaking stuff was how he struck out three hitters. They weren't getting good swings off that.

Velocity will get better the more he pitches as he builds up his arm strength. Breaking stuff sounds really good now. Happy he’s pitching in games again!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
The good news is Chase Anderson hasn't given up a home run yet (which is amazing considering there's a 20 mph wind blowing out to right field.) The bad news is this is how the first five batters went.

Walk
Line drive single
Line drive single
Walk
Line drive single

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 2:52 PM Post
I think Trevor Bauer is ready for the regular season.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
trwi7 said:
The good news is Chase Anderson hasn't given up a home run yet (which is amazing considering there's a 20 mph wind blowing out to right field.) The bad news is this is how the first five batters went.

Walk
Line drive single
Line drive single
Walk
Line drive single

Not ideal, that's for sure. Apparently channeling Nolan Ryan via YouTube isn't going too well.

In all seriousness, I was really hoping Chase would attack this spring training with a chip on his shoulder after being benched last year, but he's been very inconsistent again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
trwi7 said:
The good news is Chase Anderson hasn't given up a home run yet

There it is.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
27 pitches 26 strikes 8 Ks yeah I’d say he ready.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
Hiura just hit a 3 run bomb off of Bauer.....

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply