LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Offline  Re: 2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Posted: March 06, 2019, 6:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
From yesterday’s Brewers-Rockies game...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 8:05 AM Post
Despite trading a bunch of OFers over the past year, I still really like where this team's OF depth is at with Ray, Taylor and Stokes on the cusp, with Lutz, Gray, Bello and Ward at the lower levels. Hopefully Grisham rights the ship this year, and the position will be in a very good place. Ray is looking like a guy who is primed to make an impact one way or another at the ML level this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 8:58 AM Post
They seem to have a nice bunch of OF in the system and hopefully the Draft will provide more pitching to a also pretty decent group.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
Jeffress pulled after 3 pitches in today's game. He seemed to be fighting Counsell to stay in, so hopefully its just precautionary. I didn't see anything alarming looking at the pitches he threw, but Counsell/Hook must have saw something. He's been slowed by a sore shoulder early in camp.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:23 PM Post
Also, Robbie Ray is mowing down the Brewers' lineup so far. 8 Ks through 4 2/3 innings. They might have some rough games against tough lefties this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:23 PM Post
MRI that shoulder today!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
I don't think Thames is having much issue with Ray. Apparently he just hit one into Lake Michigan

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 4:27 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
MRI that shoulder today!

Removal was precautionary: https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 4065129472

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 5:09 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
MRI that shoulder today!

Removal was precautionary: https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 4065129472

If I were Stearns I’d convince Jeffress to MRI

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 7:23 PM Post
Houser had another nice inning today. Kratz continues to hit the ball well going to be curious to see what the crew do at the backup spot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 7:59 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
Houser had another nice inning today. Kratz continues to hit the ball well going to be curious to see what the crew do at the backup spot.

I think Houser is going to have a tough time making the club off the bat due to that extra option year he was granted, but that arm is going to eventually play. High 90s with good movement. He brings a similar repertoire to what Nelson and Woodruff bring. Both of those guys have struggled with control and "polish" at times earlier in their careers, and Houser is quite the same. I'm really excited to see him get his shot, whether as a starter or as a reliever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 8:42 AM Post
This season might be the first time in a long, long time where I'm thinking "I wonder what pitchers they send down" followed by the thought of "a few really good pitchers are going to end up in AAA"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 2:50 PM Post
This is my first time watching any game action this spring, is it just me or is the strike zone lower than last year? It seems like they lowered it back to where it was 3 years ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 3:43 PM Post
Ray had a chance to throw out Jon Jay at home on a shallow-medium depth fly to right. For starters, he seemed to struggle judging a very routine fly ball. Second, the ball was rolling very slowly into the plate on the throw, not a good throw at all. I'm not sure that throw was indicative of a 50 grade arm. Ray really isn't an option in RF, he might not be an option in CF with that arm either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 4:28 PM Post
Wow, Troy Stokes has some serious power for a little dude. No doubter to push 3 across in the 7th

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 4:33 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Wow, Troy Stokes has some serious power for a little dude. No doubter to push 3 across in the 7th

I'm telling everyone here... he's gonna be REAL good for the Crew. I've had him as my top position prospect in the Top 25 votes since Mid-2017. He's probably staying there this season as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 8:04 PM Post
clancyphile said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I'm telling everyone here... he's gonna be REAL good for the Crew. I've had him as my top position prospect in the Top 25 votes since Mid-2017. He's probably staying there this season as well.

He's still gotta make better contact. He's never going to be a ML regular with his skillset and measurables hitting .230.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 9:13 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
This is my first time watching any game action this spring, is it just me or is the strike zone lower than last year? It seems like they lowered it back to where it was 3 years ago.

The handful of games I've watched so far I've noticed a lot of strikes called much higher in the zone than normal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 9:52 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
KeithStone53151 said:

The handful of games I've watched so far I've noticed a lot of strikes called much higher in the zone than normal.

Probably a small sample situation for me then. The cameras are also a bit weird, coupled with me not watching baseball for 5 months.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2019, 9:55 AM Post
clancyphile said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

The pitcher he hit it off is a nobody, and he was seriously struggling before the HR. The pitch he hit out was a belt high cement mixer on the inner half. You might as well put it on a tee. I'm not putting too much stock in that AB.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply