LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Offline  Re: 2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]
Posted: April 05, 2019, 10:37 PM Post
Considering the history, it's nice to batter Quintana for a change...any win against the cubs is still a great win. Hopefully this is the start of a year where they mash lefty starters!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]
Posted: April 05, 2019, 10:38 PM Post
I think PIO needs to be used somewhere in the short headline game descriptor. Something like "Brewers tee off on Quintana early then PIO against their bullpen en route to...."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: April 06, 2019, 12:15 AM Post
Ennder said:
FVBrewerFan said:
In my years of experience in IGTs, one thing I've learned. Reality has bearen "seems like" about 11-1.

I agree, it is why i have like half the messages in these threads blocked. You read really questionable posts by someone enough times and it is easier to just block them.

Like declaring Moustakas to be the superior 2nd basemen over Shaw just one game into the season?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 06, 2019, 5:23 AM Post
OnTheBlack said:

Like declaring Moustakas to be the superior 2nd basemen over Shaw just one game into the season?

Not sure who said that but it is going to come down to the double play turn. Moustakas is a better fielder in general than Shaw and Shaw struggles handing hard to reach ground balls. I could see Moustakas being better, but we just haven't seen enough of the skills at 2B to know either way.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]
Posted: April 06, 2019, 6:02 AM Post
RollieTime said:
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Silver linings:
Williams terrible and needs sent down ASAP. That my opinion BEFORE he pitched tonight.

Anderson put to bed a few naysayers tonight with his great performance. It’s awesome to have a quality 5 pitch PITCHER in our pen, now that’s what I call a weapon.

Slow down a bit there...

He did give up a homer, so I think GREAT is a little bit of an exaggeration. Not sure there was a lot of naysaying, but concern for the long ball is legitimate.

He held the game in check, at a time we needed him to do so, but giving up a homer, his downfall in the past, doesn't quite put his performance in the great category...

I'd like to see him come into a game and not give up a dinger, then I think calling him a weapon might be in order. It is nice having a long reliever with his experience though, just stop with the home runs please...

He’s just trying to pour it on...

I said FEW naysayers, not a LOT of naysayers, point is, you should pay more attention to detail. One thing I’ve noticed in the short time I’ve been here, is people sure talk a lot out of Both sides of their mouth, but I shouldn’t be surprised, since it’s safer to do than pick a side and hold firm.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 06, 2019, 6:07 AM Post
Wondering what the Cubs fans think of their "Home Opener".

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 06, 2019, 8:12 AM Post
Sorely disappointed we haven’t heard Coach Carter’s views on “pouring it on” yet. Could put this whole argument to rest.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 06, 2019, 8:20 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Well, if the Cubs proved anything tonight, its that if they can get their pitching figured out at all, they have the offense to be extremely dangerous.

The same could be said for the Crew...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 06, 2019, 8:28 AM Post
Brewers, Brewers keep pouring on the heat.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  [ 389 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply