LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-04-27: Brewers (Woodruff) at Mets (Syndergaard) [Brewers win, 8-6 -- Offensive production and Josh Hader overshadow bullpen woes]

Offline  Re: 2019-04-27: Brewers (Woodruff) at Mets (Syndergaard) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:27 PM Post
Hit a bomb, Christian.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:28 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Hiura with 3 hits so far tonight, hitting .338

The guy is going to get a ton of attention if this keeps up. Has to be a top 5 prospect soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Familia is an idiot, wow. Thank you.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Base running is actually a strength of this team? Is this still the Brewers?

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:30 PM Post
The 'stache said:
Hit a bomb, Christian.

A 30 foot RBI bomb!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
Mets looking like a bad team tonight. A talented, bad team.

Last edited by Oxy on April 27, 2019, 8:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
Oxy said:
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:
That was predictable. It's hard to argue with the strategy though. Worst possible scenario and we still have the lead.

Claudio facing any righty in a big spot is a strategy that is pretty easy to argue with.

So, what should have been done? Give up a dinger to Cano or Conforto instead? Bring in a righty for Wilson to face McNeil?

If this was the postseason/must win scenario one could argue they play the matchups AB by AB, but with a 4 run lead you put Claudio in for Mcneil and let him pitch through Conforto anyway.

I'm ok with letting Claudio face one righty in a 4 run game if the bases are empty, but no, not when a HR makes it a 1 run game. He's just that bad against RHP.

Frankly I'd like to see them try the Joe Maddon strategy at some point where you stick Claudio out in a corner OF spot for one AB if you just need to get through one righty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:32 PM Post
adambr2 said:
That kind of thing happens when you decide that a career LOOGY isn't a LOOGY anymore.

Well, at least I hope I can stop seeing that damn list someone keeps posting where they have Kimbrel, Hader, Knebel and Jeffress to show that Claudio is in the same category as they are as a pitcher.

Advanced metrics are great. Sometimes they lie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:33 PM Post
D'Arnaud doing his best Grandal in the ALCS impression.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:
[quote="adambr2"
Claudio facing any righty in a big spot is a strategy that is pretty easy to argue with.

So, what should have been done? Give up a dinger to Cano or Conforto instead? Bring in a righty for Wilson to face McNeil?

If this was the postseason/must win scenario one could argue they play the matchups AB by AB, but with a 4 run lead you put Claudio in for Mcneil and let him pitch through Conforto anyway.

I'm ok with letting Claudio face one righty in a 4 run game if the bases are empty, but no, not when a HR makes it a 1 run game. He's just that bad against RHP.

Frankly I'd like to see them try the Joe Maddon strategy at some point where you stick Claudio out in a corner OF spot for one AB if you just need to get through one righty.[/quote]

I'd be all about that! Perfect scenario for that kind of strategy--provided Claudio is a competent athlete--and since he's an MLB player he's probably a competent athlete.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Frankly I'd like to see them try the Joe Maddon strategy at some point where you stick Claudio out in a corner OF spot for one AB if you just need to get through one righty.

I am all for trying the Waxahachie Swap at some point this season. Statistically speaking based on splits, Alex Claudio and Freddy Peralta would be the perfect pairing for such a maneuver.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:36 PM Post
Walk.....grounder up the middle......dribbler down first baseline......wild pitch.....grounder to the pitcher......2 runs

Baseball,is a messed up game....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:40 PM Post
Eye Black said:
adambr2 said:

I am all for trying the Waxahachie Swap at some point this season. Statistically speaking based on splits, Alex Claudio and Freddy Peralta would be the perfect pairing for such a maneuver.

Unlike the Cubs, the Brewers don’t have corner outfielders who you just replace as part of a cute gimmick, at least not when Gamel starts. That guy is becoming a state treasure, and to think he got his start doing those Jack Links commercials.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
Walks. God help me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Walk.....grounder up the middle......dribbler down first baseline......wild pitch.....grounder to the pitcher......2 runs

Baseball,is a messed up game....

It punishes bad defense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:42 PM Post
/face palm. Jeffress

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-04-27: Brewers (Woodruff) at Mets (Syndergaard) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:45 PM Post
Get jeffress out, he terrible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:46 PM Post
Guerra for two, Hader for two. IT’S NOT THAT HARD, COUNSELL!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
Where have I see this before? It's the post season last year all over again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
That was a good pitch, especially with two strikes. Bummer

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply