LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 122 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-02: Rockies (Gray) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 11-6 -- Rough outing for Peralta]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-02: Rockies (Gray) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 11-5 -- Rough outing for Peralta]
Posted: May 03, 2019, 3:01 AM Post
Why does hook get credit for developing these young arms when they are not developed?

1-2 pitch repertoires who lack control is not developed. Maybe he did a great job at making them succeed with only that vs inferior competition but they certainly are not developed. We expected Woodruff to start his path to a starter 2 years ago. Just now, he looks like he might be ready. He got 8 starts in 2017. 4 in 2018. Doesn't seem to be holding him back. I think its about time we slow down on Burnes and Peralta.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-02: Rockies (Gray) at Brewers (Peralta) 12:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 03, 2019, 7:55 AM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Pugger said:
Bulldogboy said:
The shame of what has happened to this pitching staff is you could see it coming from a mile away. This team has not developed an every day starter since Galiardo. Nelson counts of course but unfortunately is injured. Letting cheap available starters like Miley go to risk it on the young guns was silly. Then the depth of the bullpen took a hit with injuries and no one of note was brought in to bolster it. I was on record as saying I would have added a reliever before the injuries because the Tyler Thonburg syndrome hits relievers every year. Anyway it's too bad. This fan base deserves better.

Reading a post like this reminds me of why we need a like button.

Until we fix this pitching mess (both the starters and bullpen) any notions of making the post season let alone having success there is a waste of time.

Thanks bro. I appreciate someone not taking offense at a point of view.

I usually don't take offense to points of view. We all have opinions. But I'm glad you consider me one of the guys. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 122 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply