LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 269 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]
Posted: May 05, 2019, 5:51 AM Post
I thought it was notable that Braun went to right for 4 of his hits. One infield chopper towards short and then the rocket out to left center... Bill Schroeder must have been so pleased.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]
Posted: May 05, 2019, 6:50 AM Post
Of course I decided to go to sleep after the 17th inning. What a finish!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:48 AM Post
That was awesome!

This is a game I'll never forget, so what a blast, and to get the win was huge!

I abandoned this thread and watched the 10-18th in the bedroom.

Such a great win!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:49 AM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Brewers actually were apart of the longest mlb game. 1984 played 33 innings vs the white Sox. 8 1/2 hours.

I remember that game. Didn't they have to resume the game the following morning because it got so late? I think the Sox won that eventually.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:52 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Big win gentlemen!

This lady agrees! [wink] [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:53 AM Post
razzzorsharp said:
That pitcher got squeezed big time.

I thought so too. The first 2 pitches looked like strikes at the bottom of that box. If I were a Mets fan I wouldn't be too pleased right now.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single]
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
How bout our pitching staff!! Who cares if we can’t hit.

I've been grousing about our pitching for a week or so now so kudos to those pitchers last night! [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-04: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 4-3 in 18 innings -- Ryan Braun with 6 hits including the 2 RBI walk-off single in the longest game in Miller Park history]
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
I thought it was notable that Braun went to right for 4 of his hits. One infield chopper towards short and then the rocket out to left center... Bill Schroeder must have been so pleased.

Braun was lucky as hell when he tried to stretch that single into a double earlier in the game. He was a dead duck but the Mets' infielder dropped the pass.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 9:33 AM Post
Pugger said:
liveforoctober said:

Braun was lucky as hell when he tried to stretch that single into a double earlier in the game. He was a dead duck but the Mets' infielder dropped the pass.

Good throw and, I agree, he is out by a bunch. With where the throw was, I think it woulda been real close if Rosario didn’t drop it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 269 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply