LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- HRs from Yelich, Moustakas, and Piña as Woodruff notches his 5th win of the season]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) 12:10 PM CDT

Posted: May 08, 2019, 11:56 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
dlk9s said:
Bulldogboy said:
Man. How long is Martinez going to keep this job? This team is too talented to be playing like this. They look terrible.

But they aren't talented right now.

He should of been fired mid- season last year. National league east full of terrible managers. Calloway terrible, kapler’s phillies team quit on him the last 5 weeks of last year. Mattingley gets the marlins to play above their talent level, and Snitger is why I’m picking the braves to repeat.

Agreed

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-08: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Woodruff) 12:10 PM CDT

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:14 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
dlk9s said:
Bulldogboy said:
Man. How long is Martinez going to keep this job? This team is too talented to be playing like this. They look terrible.

But they aren't talented right now.

He should of been fired mid- season last year. National league east full of terrible managers. Calloway terrible, kapler’s phillies team quit on him the last 5 weeks of last year. Mattingley gets the marlins to play above their talent level, and Snitger is why I’m picking the braves to repeat.

You get the sense that most of the NL East is poorly managed top to bottom. Washington, Mets, and Phillies all have pockets of excellence but primarily solve problems by throwing money at them. Lots of nepotism, I'd imagine.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:17 PM Post
And I thought Dusty was a bad manager. Turns out they hired one even worse. They were absolutely loaded last year, no reason they didn't win the division. Yea he probably should've been let go mid season last year to try and salvage the season

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:20 PM Post
Other than a kinda high pitch count, Woodruff is looking good today. Touching 97 on the radar gun, and crisp breaking stuff. Hopefully they can get 6 out of him today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:21 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Other than a kinda high pitch count, Woodruff is looking good today. Touching 97 on the radar gun, and crisp breaking stuff. Hopefully they can get 6 out of him today.

Fear the [Red] Beard!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:24 PM Post
Growing up, I never imagined Bill Spiers having such a think, deep southern drawl. Kinda neat hearing these guys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:25 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

6-0 lead should help. With his lively fastball he shouldn't have to be too picky. Challenge them early in the count and see if they can hit it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:26 PM Post
Oxy said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

6-0 lead should help. With his lively fastball he shouldn't have to be too picky. Challenge them early in the count and see if they can hit it.

Yeah, but, Woodruff's bat has come back to earth. Probably too much focusing on pitching. He needs to get his priorities figured out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:29 PM Post
It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:44 PM Post
Brew4U said:
It was always kind of surprising there weren't more Brewers asked up to the booth to talk about their time as a Brewer. It usually has to be someone like Yount or Fielder for it to happen. I'm interested in some of the better players in our history and the stories they have during their time playing.

I'm not watching this game. But general question.

If they have the minor league director, or whatever brass in for a half inning and it goes quickly, why do they not have them stay for another half inning? There can't be that tight a schedule on these guys. I don't get that at all. Especially if the game isn't that tight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:45 PM Post
Roderick said:
Brew4U said:

If they have the minor league director, or whatever brass in for a half inning and it goes quickly, why do they not have them stay for another half inning? There can't be that tight a schedule on these guys. I don't get that at all. Especially if the game isn't that tight.

A very good question that I have asked myself before.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:54 PM Post
87 through five. This is where CC has pulled Woodruff in each of his last two starts (87, 94 pitches). And this is again where I'd like him to try to get another inning out of him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:56 PM Post
Chris Hook is continuing his dominant coaching for 6 straight days. I'd love to see Woody pitch until 105 pitches or so.

Last edited by Oxy on May 08, 2019, 12:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

folly412 said:
87 through five. This is where CC has pulled Woodruff in each of his last two starts (87, 94 pitches). And this is again where I'd like him to try to get another inning out of him.

I agree ... he's dealing now. Send him back out for the 6th, but maybe have someone start warming. If he gets in trouble or the pitch count starts creeping uncomfortably over 100, go to the pen.

Quote   Reply 

Roster Guru
woodruff's era is down to milwaukee's area code.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:58 PM Post
Atta boy, Pina. I bet that felt good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:59 PM Post
Attack of the Pineapple!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 12:59 PM Post
Pineapple bomb...

it's fun when the bottom of the order isn't an offensive death zone!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 1:00 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Roderick said:
Brew4U said:

A very good question that I have asked myself before.

It does happen sometimes. They'll throw something out like 'mind sticking around for another inning' and they do.

Good point overall on this idea though. With so many games and how we all get a little burned out on hearing the same stuff, why not bring up guests a lot if they're willing. Don't limit to the big stars only like Yount. Grab some mid level guys if they happen to be around, why not get some other perspectives and stories. could be something to shake it up. Granted, who knows how often folks like that are around though

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2019, 1:04 PM Post
I know Pina was close when he almost homered to RF the other night. Hopefully, this kick starts his season as Grandal is going to need breaks.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply