LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 105 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) [Brewers lose, 12-8]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) 6:20 PM CDT

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Why is Burnes in this game?

Jeffress has been moved back to his high leverage spot along with Guerra and Hader. Claudio has his SMOG role (SouthpawMultipleOutGuy). Houser, Albers, Burnes, and Barnes are the candidates to pitch when down or up a lot. Albers and Houser pitched yesterday.

It was the perfect Burnes spot and he turned it into the perfect Barnes spot. Woulda been nice if those two could finish the game but I'd imagine Claudio (or Perez) will get those honors.

Totally disagree that Burnes clumped with Houser Barnes Albers. Last year s pen performance and even this year’s prior, high leverage.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:46 PM Post
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:
One of the few disagreements I’ve had this year with CC in bringing in Burnes down 3, but the way Fried pitching might as well be 10. Burnes high leverage adrenaline type pitcher, bad decision.

Barnes could have 2, Albers an inning.

If that's the case, the guy is going to need to work in high leverage games in San Antonio, because we are trying to get to a World Series here.

Agree. High leverage is earned. Coddling can happen in AAA. Send for Taylor Williams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
Jimmy Nelson so far tonight

4 innings.....no runs.....3 hits 1 walk....6 ks......

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:51 PM Post
This team seemingly
Only prefers
To lose blowouts. Wow.

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) 6:20 PM CDT

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:54 PM Post
I imagine that Barnes will go down for Anderson tomorrow...will be interesting to see how many pitches CC makes him/let's him throw tonight. I'm thinking at least 50 if he's getting outs/throwing strikes.

If Burnes is going down instead, then I suppose it's Claudio in the 8th.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:57 PM Post
folly412 said:
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:
One of the few disagreements I’ve had this year with CC in bringing in Burnes down 3, but the way Fried pitching might as well be 10. Burnes high leverage adrenaline type pitcher, bad decision.

Barnes could have 2, Albers an inning.

If that's the case, the guy is going to need to work in high leverage games in San Antonio, because we are trying to get to a World Series here.

Agree. High leverage is earned. Coddling can happen in AAA. Send for Taylor Williams.

So you want Taylor Williams over Burnes? Really? One bad inning of relief in a game he never should have pitched in. Watch burnes in high leverage situations > totally different pitcher than we saw today. If I were Stearns I’d ask CC what the heck?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 7:57 PM Post
What on Earth happened to the guy. He was a legitimate good option last season.sucks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Jimmy now 5 scoreless with 7 ks.....80 pitches 49 strikes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:03 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
What on Earth happened to the guy. He was a legitimate good option last season.sucks.

Still is a great option. Just should not be pitching in games we trail by 3 that seem like more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:05 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
So you want Taylor Williams over Burnes? Really? One bad inning of relief in a game he never should have pitched in. Watch burnes in high leverage situations > totally different pitcher than we saw today. If I were Stearns I’d ask CC what the heck?

I'm not sure why I respond to you, but 0-3 in the 6th isn't mop-up duty. If he can't get the juices flowing in a game like that and he's only good when he gets his shot of adrenaline, the guy is going to have a short career.

I don't think he will. I think he'll figure out how to pitch coolly in all situations and end up as a very good starter for us. But right now his role is either middle relief at the MLB level or starting in the minors. 0-3 in the 6th is the very definition of middle relief and when he should be used.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:06 PM Post
Good that CC found a low leverage situation to bring in Burnes, the Brewers bats looking lifeless this evening.

If Barnes tops out as a above average mid/high level reliever I think that's neither overly surprising or anything to be ashamed about.

What is more surprising to me is that Woodruff has leapfrogged him as pitcher-- he seemed much more the thrower of the two last year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:07 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Still is a great option. Just should not be pitching in games we trail by 3 that seem like more.

What difference does it make? He should be getting guys out. 7 ER 3 HR is bigger than "it's low leverage." The guy flat out sucks.

You make it sound like it was 10-0. It was a game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:08 PM Post
I'm checking out for the night. Games like this happen, but the team has been good recently. Onto tomorrow and sunday to take the series with the more favourable pitching matchups.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:09 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

They have a # 2 type starter in AAA, that’s ready for the big leagues they can’t bring up yet because he’s on 5 days of rest. I think one more start in AAA, with 4 rest days, then to Milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:14 PM Post
If only Burnes could have held the Braves down for a couple of high leverage innings. Then he'd be in line to get the victory right now....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:16 PM Post
HERNAN!!! ALRIGHT. A reason to watch.

Quote   Reply 

Global Moderator
A lot of ugly tonight, but some positives include Arcia showing glimpses of the approach of a decent major league hitter, Hiura with a pair of hits (yes one bad running decision), and Jacob Nottingham goes yard for his first MLB HR.

Quote   Reply 

Has to be some sort of mechanical issue with Burnes to be this bad this year. Not high leverage enough excuse is a complete joke. Send him to San Antonio to get it figured out. He can still help us later this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:19 PM Post
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I'm not sure why I respond to you, but 0-3 in the 6th isn't mop-up duty. If he can't get the juices flowing in a game like that and he's only good when he gets his shot of adrenaline, the guy is going to have a short career.

I don't think he will. I think he'll figure out how to pitch coolly in all situations and end up as a very good starter for us. But right now his role is either middle relief at the MLB level or starting in the minors. 0-3 in the 6th is the very definition of middle relief and when he should be used.

We will just agree to disagree then. Some pitchers just pitch better in relief with the game on the line > Burnes.

And some pitch well in mop up roles > Barnes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
Has to be some sort of mechanical issue with Burnes to be this bad this year. Not high leverage enough excuse is a complete joke. Send him to San Antonio to get it figured out. He can still help us later this year.

Burnes down for Anderson... get Burnes straightened out.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 105 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply