LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 105 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) [Brewers lose, 12-8]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) 6:20 PM CDT

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
HERNAN!!! ALRIGHT. A reason to watch.

Scoreless inning pitched... unbelievable. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:24 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:
So you want Taylor Williams over Burnes? Really? One bad inning of relief in a game he never should have pitched in. Watch burnes in high leverage situations > totally different pitcher than we saw today. If I were Stearns I’d ask CC what the heck?

I'm not sure why I respond to you, but 0-3 in the 6th isn't mop-up duty. If he can't get the juices flowing in a game like that and he's only good when he gets his shot of adrenaline, the guy is going to have a short career.

I don't think he will. I think he'll figure out how to pitch coolly in all situations and end up as a very good starter for us. But right now his role is either middle relief at the MLB level or starting in the minors. 0-3 in the 6th is the very definition of middle relief and when he should be used.

We will just agree to disagree then. Some pitchers just pitch better in relief with the game on the line > Burnes.

And some pitch well in mop up roles > Barnes

They were down 3-0. I get that they were down but you don't go oh well I quit its 3 runs.

Perez stays at 0 ERA

Last edited by TJseven7 on May 17, 2019, 8:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
If we rally here Hernan could still get the win!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:27 PM Post
clancyphile said:
wildcat83 said:
Has to be some sort of mechanical issue with Burnes to be this bad this year. Not high leverage enough excuse is a complete joke. Send him to San Antonio to get it figured out. He can still help us later this year.

Burnes down for Anderson... get Burnes straightened out.

Stearns not sending Burnes to AAA. He’s pitching in this pen, thank you very much for your concern though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
timpep said:

dinger, BB, BB, bloop, dingers, couple more BBs, dinger--you never know!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:40 PM Post
Ok, I will say not a lot of choices tonight with respect to who to pitch the 6th. Barnes Albers Houser Peralta Burnes. Houser pitched yesterday so he out. Peralta being saved for tomorrow’s game? So that leaves Burnes Albers Barnes.

So ok Burnes, to pitch the 6th. But when the whole world saw he not have it, why leave him in for the last 2 home runs. That was terrible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
Oxy said:
timpep said:

dinger, BB, BB, bloop, dingers, couple more BBs, dinger--you never know!

I'd say the chances at the start of the inning were about .01% now it's at least 4%.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Brewers are Two-Thirds of the way to tying the record for greatest comeback in MLB history.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
The Doorman is in Atlanta!!!

Back-to-back dingers here would be sublime. Baseball at it's best.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
3-1 count... how in the hell are you not sitting heater down the middle? Why take that pitch?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) 6:20 PM CDT

If Burnes hadn't been a baby seal, this was a win.

Baseball can drive you crazy sometimes...

Quote   Reply 

I'm just going to pretend it was a doubleheader tonight. we lost the first one and hernan perez started the second one.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) [Brewers lose, 12-8]

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:52 PM Post
Proud of the team for putting up a fight! Avoid those 9 run innings tomorrow boys!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) [Brewers lose, 12-8]

Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
Jimmy Nelson showing the baseball world he’s ready makes this a good day for the Brewers. I hope they pitch him on 4 days rest for his next outing then on to Milwaukee to pitch for the big club.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:02 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Angry at CC. Why leave him in this long to give up 2 extra hrs. Worst decision he’s made all year. Barnes should have been in this inning to begin, but certainly before last 2 home runs. I hope he apologizes to burnes and takes responsibility for this debacle.

I'm just going to quote this for the overall insane oddity of its almost correctness, but not quite. Similar to our 9th inning rally--which in the end, means...nothing.....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
Eye Black said:
The Brewers are Two-Thirds of the way to tying the record for greatest comeback in MLB history.

But not the greatest 9th inning comeback, that's a record held by the Detroit Tigers against...

The 1901 Milwaukee Brewers https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/april-2 ... -al-opener

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:14 PM Post
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Angry at CC. Why leave him in this long to give up 2 extra hrs. Worst decision he’s made all year. Barnes should have been in this inning to begin, but certainly before last 2 home runs. I hope he apologizes to burnes and takes responsibility for this debacle.

I'm just going to quote this for the overall insane oddity of its almost correctness, but not quite. Similar to our 9th inning rally--which in the end, means...nothing.....

It is the right thing to do, apologize for not taking him out sooner. It’s what you would do if you were manager, it’s what I would do, and it’s what CC will do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:

It is the right thing to do, apologize for not taking him out sooner. It’s what you would do if you were manager, it’s what I would do, and it’s what CC will do.

nuthin to c here

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Apologize? Burnes is a professional pitcher. It's his job to get outs. This is craziness.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
clancyphile said:
wildcat83 said:
Has to be some sort of mechanical issue with Burnes to be this bad this year. Not high leverage enough excuse is a complete joke. Send him to San Antonio to get it figured out. He can still help us later this year.

Burnes down for Anderson... get Burnes straightened out.

Stearns not sending Burnes to AAA. He’s pitching in this pen, thank you very much for your concern though.

Unless you are David Stearns or Craig Counsell, you don't know this. After his outing tonight, it doesn't not make sense to send him down.

By the way, Barnes looked great tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 105 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply