LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 132 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]
Posted: May 18, 2019, 8:54 PM Post
The Claudio ab vs Riley was the killer. Jeffress and Gurrea available. This loss is on the manager. Unfortunate.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]
Posted: May 18, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
The Claudio ab vs Riley was the killer. Jeffress and Gurrea available. This loss is on the manager. Unfortunate.

Agreed. Not Counsell's finest managerial moment. I think he immediately knew it too. He keeps on trying to shoehorn Claudio into a late-inning stopper role, and he may be nothing more than a solid, but soon-to-be-extinct LOOGY.

Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on May 18, 2019, 9:15 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) 6:15 PM CDT
Posted: May 18, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
[

Fine. Harold Baines is rolling over in his grave at all these game winning RBI opportunities.[/quote]
He's still alive too.[/quote]

LOL! Literally

How bout Ty Cobb? He might be rolling over in his grave. Although old Ty was kinda tired of hitters trying for the HR ball by the early 1920's

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:02 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:

Agreed. Not Counsell's finest managerial moment. I think he immediately knew it too. He keeps on trying to shoehorn Claudio into a late-inning stopper role, and he may be nothing more than a solid LOOGY.

Agreed

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:08 PM Post
Yes, it sucked to have Claudio and Hader give up a couple of runs but we had a boat load of opportunities and didn't take advantage of them. One thing I'm noticing for a couple of weeks now is we are leaving way too many runners on base. I didn't see last night's game (I watched the Bucks game instead) but how many times are we gonna leave runners in scoring position with less that 2 outs?? This was an issue last year too. Pitchers use hitters' aggressiveness against them. Braun should've used a nine iron at his last AB. [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:10 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:

Agreed. Not Counsell's finest managerial moment. I think he immediately knew it too. He keeps on trying to shoehorn Claudio into a late-inning stopper role, and he may be nothing more than a solid, but soon-to-be-extint LOOGY.

I mean he should know this already. Righties vs. Claudio for his career: .797 OPS. Lefties, .489. This season, .797 for righties, .422 for lefties. Literally nothing has changed, regardless of much they might insist on how they view Claudio.

The evidence has always been there for him that he shouldn't put Claudio in those situations and Counsell has got no one to blame but himself for the result.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:12 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:

Agreed. Not Counsell's finest managerial moment. I think he immediately knew it too. He keeps on trying to shoehorn Claudio into a late-inning stopper role, and he may be nothing more than a solid, but soon-to-be-extint LOOGY.

I mean he should know this already. Righties vs. Claudio for his career: .797 OPS. Lefties, .489. This season, .797 for righties, .422 for lefties. Literally nothing has changed, regardless of much they might insist on how they view Claudio.

The evidence has always been there for him that he shouldn't put Claudio in those situations and Counsell has got no one to blame but himself for the result.

Facts

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:14 PM Post
I hope this is the last nationally televised game for us in a while. For some reason we stink out the joint in these games... [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:17 PM Post
This team needs a healthy, hitting Shaw.
Thames should be in the line-up vs righty’s.
Aguilar without power hurts the team.
Stearns might need to work at the deadline for professional hitting.
Stearns needs to sign kimbrel after the draft.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 5:22 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

There are some who don't want Kimbrel but if we (Stearns) do why wait until after the draft? Just curious...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 5:53 AM Post
Pugger said:
Brew crew 92 said:

There are some who don't want Kimbrel but if we (Stearns) do why wait until after the draft? Just curious...

The Brewers wouldn't have to give up their 4th rounder then. I personally highly doubt that's what's standing in the way, but Brew crew 92 really wants Kimbrel, and has for awhile, so I imagine he's trying to find every straw to grasp onto.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
If we sign Kimbrel before the draft and give up a 4th round pick, I'm going to be unhappy.

If we do it now and give up the pick, we should have done it a long time ago and used the guy up until this time.

I don't see it happening until the draft is over.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 132 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply